Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Ginger Cardamom Hair Gloss

A sparkle of fiery warmth on a cold winter’s night.

This was fresher and brighter than I imagined it would be—like ginger candy with fresh cardamom grated on it, or like an artisanal ginger ale or ginger beer.  It’s a nice pick-me-up!

I was expecting more of gingerbread, but the above poster is right. It's closer to ginger beer with a hint of cardamom, but no fizzy or fermented notes. It's nice in it's simplicity, but doesn't seem to stick around for very long. I can see this being worn year round.

This is a yummy sparkling fresh ginger, not at all foodie, almost summery to me - reminds me of the ginger in vespertilio, which is one of my favorites. There is a bit of a dryer spice behind it, but could be just the power of suggestion of cardamom. I almost wish this had a creaminess or fruity element tho to make it deeper/less "one note" as it were, but I guess that's what layerying is for 😛 Also, seems to fade a bit fast, but I had that same problem with the ginger note in vespertilio (as much as I otherwise adore it).

Edited by slo

This is such a fresh, ginger note...smells just like you are grating it in your kitchen.  But it is not sweet-foody at all, just lovely fresh ginger, spiked with cardamom.  The cardamom is the first note to dissipate and the ginger stays around for a bit more, but not as long as I would like. Very natural.

I'm currently enjoying this scent wafting from my hair. I agree with those above me. Fresh zingy ginger with some cardamom. Not a heavy and spicy scent like you might think. It's very nice!

Apparently, I neglected to review this one last year.

Full disclosure: I sprayed this on a paper towel and not in my hair. I wash my hair every other day, so if I am not sure how a hair gloss will go, I test it this way so that I am not stuck with the scent for two days.

Ginger Cardamom Hair Gloss features an effervescent ginger note backed by some cardamom. The cardamom is very fleeting and does the disappearing act not long into the show. It leaves behind the scent of fizzy ginger ale.

I like this, but I have absolutely no idea what I would pair it with in my collection. :lol: