Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Sour Pard Alchemy Lab

In case you’re wondering whether we’d actually have the balls to forge ahead with such an openly testy mascot, the answer is: not yet… but you stand warned.

Ginjinha and dried red fruits, bitter almond, carnation, tonka bean, and red musk.

Cherry liquer, tonka and almond, and touches of red musk. I get a ton of cherry and red fruits from this blend. It's somewhat sweet and boozey. It gets muskier on the drydown. So yes, red cherry musk.

I had to look up Ginjinha -- it's apparently some type of sour cherry liquor. Good to know!

Wet: Starts out with the cherry liquor, a tad bit of almond, and some red musk. 

Dry: I'm getting kind of a rancid baby powder scent, plus cherries? Not sure what happened there, but it's not working with my skin chemistry.

Sour Pard opens in a blast of sweet cherry almond on me.  I love the Lab's almond note, so that's a plus, but it never lasts long on me.  Sour Pard settles in to being mainly a red fruit scent, not too sweet, and red musk has finally decided it is OK to be a bit player on me, so I get a fruity red musk that complements the other notes.  I'm not really noticing any carnation, though; maybe it will strengthen over time.  

Almond, cherry, and spiced red musk. My skin tends to amp red musk, but the other notes are keeping it in check here. It reminds me a bit of Kabuki, but with almond and spice instead of anise.

As it dries, the almond fades and the spiced carnation comes a bit more to the forefront. Other than the cherry blast at first, this isn't overly fruity on my skin, it's more about the carnation + tonka + musk.

Cherry sours greet my nose at first sniff and make me smile.  There's complexity to the candy smell though, spice from the carnation and muskiness that gives the fragrance depth.  The cherry fades quickly and the musk becomes definitively red.  This starts to remind me of Daruma Doll with cherry instead of rose.  I also get the similarities to Kabuki, which I'm a big fan of.  It's super sweet, and super red, and more thick and sticky smelling vs. juicy.  This smells more like it should be Stage Blood to me than SN Stage Blood.  Yummy and lickable.  I want moar.  :yum:

Edited by VetchVesper

I had to look up ginjinha - a Portuguese liquor made from sour cherries. So, this starts off extremely cherry. Cherry-almond, really. Sour, sweet, boozy, a little bitter. The almond is very noticeable and nice. Then you have spicy florals - carnation and tonka. This is exotic and unusual, keeps me coming back for another sniff! The red musk is NOT overpowering everything as it sometimes does, so yay!