Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith has been flying since she was a little over a year old. Her first plane trip was to New Orleans, and since then, she has been all over the world. She has slept on the floor at the airport in Mexico City and Minneapolis, she has eaten airport junk in New York, Frankfurt, and Chicago. It feels like she knows LAX and Heathrow almost as well as she knows her own house. Sometimes I think she’s happier about flying itself than she is about exploring a city!

This photo was taken at the airport on one of our trips. I love this outfit… Rolling Stones concert tee, stripy tights, boots with fuzzy balls on it. Lilith might not think this photo is good because her hair is a bit messy, but I love looks of happiness that a hot dog and a giant pretzel bring to her face. It took a bit of persuasion to get her to share it, but dad has his ways.

The first time I saw her wear this tee, I told her that I went to that concert and I that I think that I had the same t-shirt back in ‘76.

She looked at me and asked, “1876?”

It’s probably not the best idea to make a hot dog scent, even though Beth keeps making jokes about hot dog water, so we made a Airport Garbage Snacks scent with coffee, airplane nuts, and squished Backpack Chocolate Residue.

This one is CRAZY. I had a great Aunt Rose. She’d get on the bus to come visit us, she’d arrive, all 4 feet 6 of her, carrying two bags. One was full of knitting the other had a black banana and her homemade anise cookies. This scent is exactly what the room would smell like when she’d empty the contents of the bags on our kitchen table.

I’m pretty sure when I smelled this straight from the bottle, I audibly said “yuck!” It smelled like pretzel and the mall food court.

After trying it on...

MARZIPAN! Delicious, sweet, almond goodness! With the hint of some coffee in the background. This is a morpher.

This is my first review but here goes....I sooo wish I had the same experience with this that CARRIE did! For me this smells amazing in the bottle, like a nutty salty mocha which was exactly what I was hoping for. Wet on my skin is the same which I love! On first application straight out of the mail I got mostly vinyl backpack when dry which is so crazy! It really did smell just like my kids backpack after a year of school snacks! I didnt love the vinyl smell. Now a couple of weeks later the vinyl is gone but when dry I lose all the nutty goodness I really wanted. Its sweet and pleasantly mocha-esque just not something I think I would reach for over all the others I love. I also think that coffee may go slightly bitter on me which could be why its not great on me.

Edited by ningirl81

Cherry-almond and wet chocolate in the bottle. Goes on as cherry-almond, which is a surprise. As it dries, the best way I can describe the note is “the scent in a backpack after you remove leftovers.” It’s airy, and food-adjacent, but not actually food. Fuck me, Barrials, I have no idea how you do this.

This eventually settles into a stale, bloomed chocolate, which is accurate but not something I want to wear. I don’t get any coffee out of the mix.

Ridiculously on point to the story. Just amazing.

This reminds me of the sugar coated, roasted nuts I can get at sporting events. Very sweet and nutty. I get just a noticeable hint of coffee in the background. And while I don't detect any chocolate, I think it's what's making the nuts smell really sweet to me. It's interesting, that's for sure. I was personally hoping for more of a coffee scent myself.

Coffee, chocolate and marzipan cookies. This smells homey, coffee-like and like cookies. Good throw and wear length.

I've tried this several times now, and the only thing I know for sure is that this is a scent experience.

It starts off with a cherry/almond marzipan cookie vibe, with some light coffee lingering in the background if I sniff it up close (but can't detect in the throw). Over time, the chocolate emerges, and it really does have a chocolate bar left in a backpack vibe that I can only describe as sorcery. SORCERY, I SAY! It ends up being a melange of chocolate bar, some coffee (I'm getting more of it today than I have the other times I tested this -- I know the first time I tested it, I didn't get any coffee at all!), and cookies with a realistic backpack smell. This is one of those 'how does Beth even do it?!' scents.

I really like the way this scent starts off more than the end result, but I also appreciate the journey this scent took me on. It's not something I could see myself wearing often, but I'll be keeping the bottle I swapped for, just because it's such a unique scent experience.