Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Bubbles and Unicorns

My baby, please never stop singing whatever goddamn song you want to sing, and never stop singing it at the top of your lungs. Never stop doing silly dances, never stop making jokes. Never stop talking about unicorns, never stop howling like a werewolf, never stop making wishes on dandelions.

Never stop playing, never stop laughing.

Dont ever let anyone tell you that youre too old to be joyful, or that the things you love are foolish or childish. Lilith, never stop blowing bubbles.

Dandelion sap and blackcurrant bud with opalescent, shimmering white musk.

In the bottle - This is beautiful. It's somewhere between Fairy Market and Butterflies, Flowers & Jewels Attending.

Wet - LOVE how this smells on me! It was almost grassy in the bottle, but it morphed quickly on my skin into crystalline musk and juicy blackcurrant. (I know the description says blackcurrant bud, but I swear these berries have some flesh on them.)

Drydown - Magical berries and milky dandelion sap. I had to huff pretty closely by the time it was completely dry. There's a sort of nectar aspect to it -- not quite spicy, but still tickles the nose. Sometimes currants go tangy on me, and that's not happening.

Verdict - My skin chemistry sucked all the crystalline qualities out of this blend so it's now an incredibly well-blended perfume of soft, milky blackcurrants -- like an ethereal, non-pastry version of Eat Me. It ended up as a very cozy close-to-the-skin scent, perfect for the coming fall months. It kind of reminds me of a commercial perfume that I can't quite put my finger on. I'll update if I manage to narrow it down.

I get a ton of dandelion and white musk. This ends up being a breezy, clean white musk blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: Lots and lots of dandelion! Very fresh and realistic smelling, like I'd walked outside and plucked one from the ground.

Dry: The dandelion scent is much creamier now; I think it's from the white musk. Reminds me of something like Zorya P, but with dandelion added(and minus the tobacco note). Not getting any of the blackcurrant bud.

In the decant: I get a ton of dandelion sap, which is just what I’m here for! Huzzah! There’s just a tinge of the blackcurrant bud. It’s mostly dandelion sap on a bed of white musk.

Wet: The dandelion sap is the star of the show on my skin. I get a little more blackcurrant bud on me than I did in the decant, but it isn’t making the scent fruity, which makes me glad. The white musk is definitely present, adding a clean, fresh air feel to the scent.

Dry: The dandelion sap is no longer king. The blackcurrant bud has stolen the show, so the scent is fruitier now, but you can tell that it is the bud and not straight up blackcurrant (although the fruit is definitely a part of that note). I can still smell the dandelion sap, but it is not nearly as strong as it was before.

Verdict: I really enjoyed the wet phase of this, but the blackcurrant bud is a little too strong for my liking once the scent has dried. It’s a pleasant blackcurrant bud and milky dandelion scent, but not something I need a bottle of -- I can’t see myself reaching for this over other dandelion scents in my collection.

This is a glimmering, crystalline scent. It’s hard for me to describe beyond that; nevertheless I think I’m going to buy a bottle. It is so well-blended I can’t pick apart the notes—it doesn’t smell “like” anything to me—but the synesthesia in my mind makes it a comforting but shimmering thistle color. Medium throw, which I like, and still noticeable on my skin after 14 hours of wear.

This was the scent I was most drawn to from this whole collection. All these notes are faves!

Wet: Oooooh that is good! Big whiff on fresh dandelion backed by shimmery white musk. Lovely. Hints of something slightly floral - I think I was expecting blackcurrant fruit, but this is more like the flower (makes sense, as it was described as "bud").

Dry: Really lovely. Soft dandelion, slightly sweet fruity/floral blackcurrant notes and a light musk. A gorgeous spring scent.

Oh my this is just gorgeous. When first applied I can't help to imagine bubbles, not in a fizzy champagne note way, but something about the breezy buoyancy of the scent. I don't have much experience with dandelion sap but it must be with sweet, milky, vegetal scent that is the heart of this blend on me. The white musk is light, clean and breezy and melds with the sap really well. It smells like fresh spring air. The blackcurrant bud is just as gorgeous as soft white flower with just a touch of the scent of the fruit. 

Grassy currant, very clean and fresh. Kind of like grass stained clothing? So weird, I'm not familiar with dandelion sap so on me it's just reading as grass. It's very spring!

Love the name, but probably won't be upgrading this.