Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RedPersimmon

Green Wig Spray

Sugared mint, bourbon, tangerine, and lime.

The Green Wig Spray smells like a delicious mint-lime bourbon with a touch of cinnamon/vanilla/walnuts. It reminded me of a minty cinnamon cupcake when it was wet. Out of all the wig sprays I smelled at DragCon, this one surprised me with its uniqueness and refreshing mintiness. If I had a sweaty ol' wig, this would be perfect for it!

Also, compared to the BPTP hair glosses, this wig spray feels like more like a hair mist rather than something oily that imparts shine. That would make sense, because you don't want to put oils on a synthetic wig. It would weigh the hair down and possibly ruin the styling of it.

This was my original impression at Drag Con: “Lime and tangerine stood out to me the most, with the bourbon only being noticeable after the scent was sprayed. I could tell that the sugared mint was present, but it was not super minty.”

Now I'm testing it out on a paper towel to do a proper review.

First, I'm greeted with the sugared mint and lime, and then the tangerine note appears, followed by the bourbon. I agree with RedPersimmon: it's a sugared mint and citrus bourbon (with the lime being stronger than the tangerine, and the sugared mint and lime being stronger than the bourbon). I'm getting more sugared mint than I did spraying this at the convention, which I'm really happy about!

I don't have any wigs to spray, but I will be spraying this on my clothes when wearing citrus-dominant scents this summer, because it's really refreshing.

I should have bought two bottles.

Edited by dementia_divine

I DID snag two bottles of this, because I have a hunch it's going to help me survive the summer.

The description alone didn't wow me when we were moving these into production -- it wasn't until I smelled it in the bottle when I made the connection to Knucklebones from Carnaval, one of my all-time fave blends which is also a boozy lime (though a much more insidious one). I have a hunch they're going to layer really well together.

Green Wig Spray ended up being my spritz of choice to pump into the air above the BPAL booth. Lavender was the more accessible choice, and Fright was spookier and more mysterious, but there was something about the Green spray that was especially unique -- it's simultaneously cheerful and flirtatious, and the cool mint plus sugared lime gives me a green creamsicle vibe that's just irresistible. I just want to bury my face in it!

So, I was hoping this would be like a Mint Mojito, and it wasn't. But it is GREAT. It's fresh but isn't that WOW MINT thing that mint likes to do. It's more subtle here, integrating well with the vanilla and tempered by the sugar, angering and bourbon (I get no lime). This will be a lovely thing to spray in the house this summer to lighten the air.

I suspect this is going to be the "sleeper hit" of the DragCon offerings this year ;)

This smells exactly as described: mostly sugared mint with a touch of bourbon and a suggestion of citrus. I normally do not love mint, but the mint note here is super nice. It's tame and natural. Overall, this is cool, sweet, and refreshing. Spray this on Derby day! :)

Edited by ellocentipede

I bought this recently after reading the reviews and hoping it would be a nice refreshing scent for my funky smelling car(thanks kids for turning my beloved tartan plaid seats that I even bought pants to match into some stomach turning wretched odor combination of French fry grease and old putrid spilled milk stench).

Anyways, haven’t tried it in the car yet, but the day it arrived I had no choice but to deodorize my office with febreeze of all things, because it was the only thing available in the moment after someone who can only be described as smelling like a rotting corpse graced the office.

When I was able too, I came home, grabbed this, and sprayed with reckless abandon.  Not only did it get rid of the unfortunate combination of inhuman body rot doused in febreeze, but the next morning my office smelled fresh, bright and, yes, green!  

I would say the bourbon is strong here, but the lime and mint accompanying it make it a nice almost herbal smelling refresher.  I get no honey or tangerine, which is fine, because I don’t think this would be nearly as refreshing or effective if there was much sweetness.

This was the first time I’ve tried anything other than perfume or hair gloss from BPAL, and it is such a hit I will be on the lookout for other sprays from them in the future for sure.