Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honeysuckle, white tuberose, gardenia petals, and wet green leaves.

Wet, this is both tuberose and honeysuckle swirling together in a higher pitched sworl, with a hint of wet greenery.

On, whoa, whoa, HONEYSUCKLE'D. And a bit of leafy greens. And then it gets a little waxiness from the tuberose. In a way, it's like the high, clarion honeysuckle dips into the thrummy medium tones of tuberose. And then... back towards elevation with waxy gardenia. It's vacillating between a very interesting Southern floral with a hint of exotic Asiatic florals. As I keep smelling it, the floral trills between gold-yellow and wax-white. This is exquisitely tropical as it calms down, and on me at least it heads towards tuberose... but however still with glittering honeysuckle plorps on occasion.

It calms into a slightly citric-high tropical floral that's like a fusion tuberose-honeysuckle. Not much residual grassiness or leafiness.

Interesting -this one is different on me than the previous poster. I love that about indie perfumers, the scents can vary from person to person so greatly that you often get a unique blend, even if your friends have the same scent.

On me-classic, straight-up, tuberose/gardenia, Billie Holiday fresh-flower style, with a touch of green. Realistic, like a wet garden. No honeysuckle. Good throw but fades sort of quickly, feels like it’s all top notes. Winner

in the bottle: Oooh! what a pretty white floral! I feel like I have my face in a vase of flowers.

Wet: WOW! holy shazbot, I am not a floral person and DANG this just about knocked me over it's so gorgeous! magnificent soft sweet white floral. Gardenia? Tuberose? I don't even know. I love this. There's still snow on the ground and suddenly I'm transported into spring.

Dry: ...well shit. The green comes out, like a cut plant stem, and for a minute or two it's too much. Very planty, like I stumbled into the working end of a greenhouse. It's not a bad note, but it's too intense and too green.

This eventually calms down and a little of the lovely white floral returns, with more of a honeysuckle focus now, but there's no throw. Crap, if only it would stay in that amazing wet stage. So so pretty.

In the decant: The floral notes jump out at me first (with the honeysuckle being the strongest of the three), but I do get the wet green leaves in the background.

Wet: The sweet honeysuckle is the strongest note on me (huzzah!). I'm surprised the tuberose and gardenia aren't trying to overtake it. The green leaves reside in the background, but it really does seem as if they've been dew-kissed.

Dry: The honeysuckle is no longer the star of the show. The heady tuberose and sweet gardenia have joined it. Now, it's like some honeysuckle drifting over the strong tuberose and gardenia. The wet, green leaves in the background are slightly more prominent during this stage and have a bit of a peppery bite to them.

Verdict: I enjoyed this during the wet stage, when the honeysuckle was the strongest, but the dry stage is a bit too strong on the tuberose and gardenia for me. This isn't a scent I will be needing more of, but I'm glad I got to try it.

This is mostly an ethereal, white, slightly waxy floral with some unidentifiable greenery in the background. The floral sometimes smells more waxy gardenia, sometimes more misty tuberose (at least I think this is the tuberose--it's in Lullaby and Fairy Thorn). Beautiful, and evokes water without actually being an aquatic. Rainy days and teal clothing make me want to wear this.

It's kind of faint on me, and that's my one possible hesitation about a bottle--will the faintness keep it from becoming a great love, or will it just mean I have to slather, thus using more oil? :laugh: Maybe I need a bottle after all!

Sniffing the decant, I thought this would be a very honeysuckle heavy blend. But on application, it goes 90% gardenia and 10% funky green leaves. Personally I'm not a fan of gardenia at all and was hoping it'd be mild here, but it was so so strong.

In the imp: A lovely, light, springy, aquatic floral - I get the impression of running water and greenery, with flowers hidden in the grass.

Wet: The light, springy aquatic continues at first, but then a very realistic, spicy, green-sap smell emerges, and the florals shortly thereafter. In fact, the florals come to be a little bit woozy for me - I think it's the honeysuckle? It's got some pretty good throw at this stage, too.

Dry: Thankfully, the wooziness fades after only a few minutes. The honeysuckle settles down, and the tuberose and gardenia (particularly the former) come into their own. It eventually settles down into something about 60% tuberose, 25% gardenia, and 15% honeysuckle, although these do blend together beautifully; so much so that it's difficult to pick out one floral on its own. After half an hour or so, it becomes something creamy-sweet, almost vanillic (but never foodie!), and stays there for the duration of the scent, which is about 6 hours on me.

This is a perfect spring scent - it makes me think of running water, growing greenery, and just-opened flowers.

The opening of this reminds me a lot of 2016's Heel. It's all juicy honeysuckle and freshly cut greenery. After a bit of wear, the waxy, white florals bloom, and the fragrance becomes creamy. It's' a fresh aquatic floral that makes me think of Monet's water lily paintings and is perfect for spring and early summer. Or maybe all summer for you folks who's temperatures don't hang out in the upper 90's. ;)

ETA If you are a fan of Lady of Shallot, give this a sniff. It's fairly different, but has a similar vibe.

Edited by VetchVesper