Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Belonging to the Darkness II

Dark 3-year aged patchouli and vintage amber, smoky cardamom, gilded juniper leaf, and a drop of golden vetiver.

Velvety-soft, with a sinfully deep, rich patchouli, Belonging to the Darkness wafts delicious tendrils of gently spiced smokiness from its shadowy depths. I get a bit of the vetiver's woodsiness blending with the cardamom, and a pulse of golden, liquid amber adds a glimmering contrast to this earthy, mysterious scent.

Amber, patchouli, and touches of cardamom and juniper. Vintage amber is my jam, and this is just lovely liquid and old amber. Medium throw, great wear length.

I get no cardamom from this, which is fine by me since I tend to amp spices. To me, this is a dark night standing at the neck of the woods beckoning for exploration. Patchouli heavy, as I like my blends to be... Amber and vetiver follow, giving it almost a wispy, hazy smokiness. Similar to Owl Moon and Lydia, but more mellow. I love all my BloodMilk blends patch-forward, so if you're not a fan of deep, earthy patchouli, it's probably not for you.

Wet: LOTS of patchouli, which, in theory, I like, but in reality I seem to struggle with it on my skin. This is both chewy and sweet, and dry and woodsy, but that may be the combo with the juniper. Or maybe that's the vetiver I am smelling? This is interesting, and I am liking it more than I initially thought I would, but I do wish for more sweetness from the amber (I like fairly sweet scents).

Dry: This surprisingly doesn't last very long on me. It remains a sweet, earthy, slightly chewy patchouli scent. I don't dislike it at all, but I don't really like it either. This was an impulse buy because I keep WANTING to love patchouli scents the way I think I should - I just don't. I am going to age it and see what happens.

Belonging to the Darkness II is for patchouli lovers. This is deep, warm patchouli, backed by amber, cardamom, and what truly does smell like just a drop of vetiver. I'm not getting much juniper leaf out of this, although maybe it's connected to a hint of greenery that I catch a bit of every once in a while. The cardamom is particularly nice here, there's just enough to inform but not overpower. As it dries down, I get more and more amber, but the patchouli remains the most prominent note.

I just wanted to say that this is absolutely beautiful. Dark, smooth patchouli, amber and dark wood. Holy wow. If you love patchouli, as I do, you just might love this.

starts off strong with a very dry, woodsy patch.  i think it's red patchouli being amplified by vetiver, though i'm not detecting the latter independently.  but there's something sweet peeping around the corners, and when it finally shows its face, i'm a little surprised to id it as the amber.  the amber ends up just pouring a golden resiny sweetness over the whole thing. i get a wee little pinch of cardamom after a while, but i have to go looking for it.  i can't find the juniper at all, which is a plus for me. when it's too heavy-handed it codes as masculine to my nose

this is just gorgeous. alluring and gothic, but not dark at all to me. 

I am blind, initially, in the cool, murky patchouli-fied and daunting darkness of this fragrance, (somewhat similar to the dark, root-y Owl Moon from Chapter I) but in the dark there is a glimmering speck, a glowing point of warmth that begins to grow brighter. A kind traveler with a light aloft in the gloom, flickering and flaring, and redolent of a salty, maple/molasses note. This unexpected sweetness wonderfully balances out that coldly aloof, earthy dankness– a tender meeting of one’s shadow in the light.