Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Gently, Gently Bath Oil

A great, warm hug of relief: snow-dusted carnation and sweet clove.

Gently, Gently is just the nicest combination of carnation and clove. Carnation is already a 'spicy floral' to my nose, so the clove really enhances that and brings out the peppery quality in fresh carnations. I don't pick up an overt snow note here, just the sense that these carnations are 'snow-dusted' as in the description. I will likely need more of this. Not only does it make for a beautiful bath, but this would be great for using as a moisturizer and layering with scents like Alice, Eclipses Be, and Clémence.

Snow carnation and a touch of clove. I definitely get both the combination of snow with the carnation, which tames the peppery quality of the carnation, and then the clove gives the carnation a gentle squeeze. Lovely.

Clove and carnation in an excellent balance, bringing each other out. I get very little chill or snow from it. I so wish it were a hair gloss!

Carnation at the forefront, some clove, and just a *tiny* hint of that slightly coconutty snow frost note - not the one from Snow White, more the one from White Bees Swarming. This is lovely! I really enjoy it a lot, three notes I really love, working perfectly together.

This is the perfect name for this bath oil, as it is indeed gentle. It is mostly a sweetened carnation with the barest hint of clove. Lovely!

Such a beautiful scent, all carnationy and clovey. Stays close to the skin. I don't really get the snow-dusted partof the carnation, but there is a little something that binds this together in the most gorgeous skin scent. It pairs well as a layering base with anything that has carnation or clove. Or chrysanthemums.

I've been wearing this with Delightful Visitors perfume and hair gloss, and it makes me feel as if I am wrapped up in a snuggly-but-not-too-heavy blanket, all safe and secure. I am hesitant to post this, because I don't want anyone else to know how fabulous this is. I feel like a child who does not want to share. If you are reading this and Gently, Gently is still available, and if you remotely like carnations or sweet clove, do yourself a favor and buy a bottle. Or several.

When Gently Gently, my first bath oil, arrived, I was quite on the fence about it. But now after half a year of aging (in Autumn), used in the tub on my warm skin, the snow note softly showed up. Really nice! It's even better now! ❤️

The scent is soft and so soothing!💖 Just love it! But I don't really use it in the water, but rather on my wet skin moisturizing it.

This is a perfect scent combo of spicy clove and lovely Carnation. ♥️ Truly beautiful!

Edited by mandragora369
correct spelling

In a hot bath, the 'snow' aspect of this seems to float just above the surface, like the fog that forms in an ice rink

when outside temperatures/humidity are a bit too high. Afterwards, what remains on the skin is a delicately

clove-touched carnation. Simply divine! There's a rich warmth and tactile comfort to this that I can't quite pin down :think:

and can't seem to get enough of. Can't find me? Don't send out a search party just yet, I'm probably still in the tub! :wub2:

A nice dull (not in a bad way, just a gentle way) spicy carnation. Smells like a lullaby. So softly warming, like a cup of spiced tea. Would be so nice in the dead of winter.

I am SO glad I have two bottles of this ... I know that we often discuss our favorite Lab scents, and I've recently realized that my "favorite Lab scent" tends to be whatever I'm wearing at that moment (years of getting to know my favorite notes has enabled me to narrow down my "collection" to something big enough that I'll have to be 100 to use it up but ALL 100% hits) ...

As a result, I'll usually do a "blind grab": for perfumery, I reach into one of my drawers (gorgeous mirrored jewelry box from TJ Maxx) and wear whatever I pull out, or else for a bath I'll reach into my "bath cabinet" and wear whatever bath oil I grab. 

BUT ... after a Gently Gently bath last night I HAD TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE TONIGHT BECAUSE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. 

The after-scent of spicy carnation and clove is subtle but magnificent. It's just deliciously spicy and kind of golden and soothing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if there is a BPAL perfume I'd compare it to, it would be original-recipe Scorpio, because I have this long-ago memory of wearing that when I first got it ... on Thanksgiving, I think ... and falling asleep with my arm thrown over my face and being mesmerized by how the crook of my arm smelled, like a clove cigarette. That said, I think the carnation is more prevalent but spectacularly spicy-goodness (it smells more like carnation than a carnation does, in a good way).