Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Frostbitten Blood Amber

No additional description provided. Scent description for Blood Amber is here.]

Creamy Snow White and amber. It's a very creamy almond snow with amber, and a touch of dragon's blood which sweetens it up. Medium throw and wear length.

First: I love Blood Amber. It’s my signature scent, it’s always beautiful and „fluid“, perfect, red and golden swirls, it makes me happy and confident. Since it’s OOS right now, I had to blind buy a bottle of this, because I do love Snow White and the thought of Snow White and Blood Amber was just so tempting (since the other Frostbitten Scents seems to be „scent“ + Snow White).

But …

Wet: a bit gingerbread and soft snow. A hint citrus.

Dry: more amber. Creamy, yet dusty amber with a hint of gingerbread.

After two hours: Still creamy amber, there is some very faint Snow White.

It’s a comfy scent, it’s nice and behaved but it’s not outstanding. From my point dissapointing because there is just no Blood Amber in it. Well, yes, perhaps the „Amber“ part, but not the „Blood“ part. I’m not sure if I’ll keep the bottle. I have to retest it when I have erased the connection to my beloved Blood Amber from my brain. Then I can try to judge it without prejudice.

This is an interesting combination. Blood Amber is so warm with the golden amber and blood notes, but this blend adds a layer of snow over the top. That snow melts off as this dries down, and then it's Blood Amber with a slight chill to it, like a breath of fresh air.

In this Frostbitten, the Blood Amber seems to be the stronger player. It is a beautiful dance of dragon's blood and amber under a dusting of snow. It was extremely long lasting and strong on me and could be detected even after showering.

Wet: This is kind of beautiful. I don't care much for dragon's blood, but the beautiful snow note seems to help the amber smooth out that DB, so it's not so horribly high-pitched on me. It all works really well together, and is kind of intoxicating. Mmm.

Dry: Ah man, I was kind of hoping to hate this! Instead, I love it. May be my favourite dragon's blood scent (yes, even better than Dragon's Milk and Creeper Dragon, the only others I like). I guess I have to buy a bottle...

This blend has nothing in common with the GC Blood Amber.

The frostbitten blood amber is so opulent and flamboyant. It asserts itself and takes no prisoners. It's a boudoir scent, powdery, oozing carnal lust and an unspoken invitation to engage in acts of fornication.