Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Kytha

Chocolate Blood

A sideways ode to Hitchcocks Psycho, by way of Bosco Chocolate Syrup.

In the bottle: chocolate syrup, sweet and sticky and overpowering. I almost put this down, but decided to give it a go anyway.

Wet: A light, milky chocolate that makes me think of a hot fudge sundae, honestly. It's pleasant, but not overpowering. The chocolate is there, and a bit of sugar and vanilla, but it's still overall that cheap sweet chocolate smell.

Dry: It develops a lot more complexity beyond 'chocolate,' but it's hard to pin down. The chocolate loses prominence very quickly, but a 'warmth' remains -- some kind of musk, I think, but tempered so that it's still faintly sweet.

All in all, it lasted about 2 hours before I had to reapply. Turns slightly powdery at the end.

In sum: I'm a fan! It's a surprisingly less foodie scent than I initially expected from a sniff, but I'm a big fan, as someone who normally doesn't go for food scents at all. I wish I had a better nose to pick out some of the other scent stuff going on here.

It seems everything chocolate goes a little powder on me, but this smells in the bottle more like a wet, sweet cherry chocolate. On the drydown, it becomes a fickle cherry, hiding a scent that mostly reminds me of hershey's chocolate (or Bosco's, as it says) drying on my skin after I've eaten a big cherry off a sundae. I love it, just wish it stayed a little wetter lol.

I was worried when purchasing this blend, that it might smell like tootsie rolls or sour milk. Boy, was I ever wrong! It smells of freshly baked chocolate cake! I can smell the cake, the frosting, the sponginess of the bake. It is delectable and not cheap in my mind at all. The dry down is a bit like cocoa powder dusting and one drop has made my whole room smell of it.

Man, does my skin hate this.

Chocolate often goes odd due to my skin chemistry, in fact Chad is probably the only one I have found that is wearable.

This starts off nice sweet chocolate syrup and ends up plasticy, powdered cocoa that is bitter. Just... bad juju all over for me. Disappointed, as others obviously get something very different.

There's no blood note at all to me, it's dark chocolate syrup! I've never tried Bosco, so to me it resembles Hershey's. Reminds me of making chocolate milk as a kid. It's got a little bit of sweetness, but not enough to turn it into milk chocolate.

After wearing it for a few hours, I am starting to get a little bit of a powder note. Now I'd say it is starting to resemble cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup. Regardless, it;s still very chocolately and delicious, chocolate note lovers shouldn't skip this in my opinion!