Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Ella Hair Gloss

Not a dog, not a hound, but a 100% genuine cur: Brian's crazy swamp girl, the Blueberry Catahoula Hog Dog! Louisiana's olive blossom and magnolia swirled with blueberries.

The second I sprayed this there was a blast of something weeeeiiird, but that disappeared immediately and left sun warmed blueberries and an unfamiliar floral that smells somewhat exotic, and must be the olive blossom? The blueberry is prominent though. It smells squished. In a good way. Occasionally though, I am now catching hints of that weird smells again. It's something akin to when jasmine goes funky and smells like an outhouse. The blueberry is sadly fading quickly on me, and I am not really enjoying the scent that's left. It's nice, with a really off-putting note underneath, like using pretty air freshener to mask the smell of and rotting. It's disquieting. It does not smell that way in the bottle at all, and I am sure this is just me. I will try it again on another day, because I love the idea of a blueberry scent.

ETA: So I test HG on the sleeve of my shirt, it's easiest for me. The next day, the shirt I sprayed this on smells LOVELY. This settles into a gorgeous, juicy, heady magnolia and blueberry scent. Lovely. I think it was the olive blossom that smelled funky to me, and it faded out.

Edited by LizziesLuck

This is a beautiful mixture of blueberry, which burns off quickly, and fresh greenery. It's sweet greenery, most likely the magnolia is what I'm smelling, and it's just overall a very fresh and sweetly beautiful green floral-ish scent with berry. And it's fairly strong on me too, as some of the others were pretty light and dissipated nearly immediately. I will likely get a whole bottle of this one.

I bought this for the olive blossom (osmanthus). I fell in love with it at first whiff because, although I do not quite get the olive blossoms, the magnolia is so lovely and plays perfectly with the blueberry. Not a long lasting scent on my hair, but well worth respraying!

Allow me to sing some praises of a Post creation that has gotten me more compliments then any HG before it (Including silky bat which is a big deal) Ella you beautiful thing! Notes include: Louisiana's olive blossom and magnolia swirled with blueberries its a whirling cloud of happiness that has major throw and longevity. Get some. It's not super fruity but not super floral either. It's that olive blossom, it just turns this blend into hair magic! It's pretty, feminine and layers so well with so many things (Today its Morocco) I have a decant, I will be getting the full bottle. Trust me ya'll need Ella in your life

I mainly get magnolia, and a touch of olive blossom. Slightly fruity, but I can't find a discernible blueberry note. If you love and wanted a magnolia-heavy HG, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

This is so pretty.  I liked it when I first smelled it but kind of forgot about it.  It's been waiting in a dark cabinet to be rediscovered.  :)  BPAL doesn't have tons of blueberry scents, and so often they seem to be foodie; it's nice to have a floral blend.  The blueberry note is very present, but the other notes make a lovely, sweet, fresh flower backdrop.  Magnolia always smells a little lemony to me, so this somehow manages to smell like a floral version of blueberry lemon cake. Again -- not foody - but it's still bringing me that vibe.  It doesn't stay for daaays like some of the HG's do, but my hair still smells lightly of sweet blueberry musk 8 hours later. Overall, a beautiful, balanced fragrance that's perfect for late spring/early summer.  (Or maybe just summer for all those living where it doesn't get up to 100 degrees. >_<)