Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night

Sugar dusted strawberries and mallow blossoms.

This was my favorite Luper this year! I got a sugary floral strawberry most of the day, then a strawberry candy phase, and finally late at night, I noticed my wrists smelled like sweet vanilla sugar! This is fantastic from start to finish, great throw and long lasting! ❤️

I think 'less is more' is the key to this scent, for me at least!
I slathered it on and felt a little nauseous because it was so so so strong! SO much throw!
That being said, I was hoping for something a little softer, it's a very 'strawberry jelly candy' fragrance for me, then as it settles something softer appears from the background.
It's not what I expected but an interesting one nonetheless.
Next time I'll just apply a teeny dab and see how it goes.

Also thinking about mixing a little with my unscented hair oil.

Wow, that's sweet! Interestingly, once it dries down, it's still very sweet, but there's a licorice quality to it that tames it a bit, but I am not a fan of licorice. I think I wouldn't mind this as a bubble bath or something, but not as a perfume.

I had hoped this would be the best parts of Love, sweet strawberry and marshmallow, without the rose, but it's not. The strawberry is like the soft center of those bulk strawberry hard candies in a strawberry looking wrapper. The mallow blossom is definitely a blossom, floral, and not sweet. Artificial strawberry jelly, with a floral edge. Not a fan.

Strawberry candy. At first there's an appealing tart juiciness, but on my wrist it settles into a slightly artificial strawberry nougat note and is much too girlish for me.

Must have a bottle!! Juicy sweet strawberries with a dusting of powdered sugar and creamy marshmallow. I really want to sniff mallow blossoms in real life some times, because I never have and this is amazing and just perfumy enough to wear to work, not totally foody. Love. So. Much.

Whoops, thought I reviewed this back when I got the bottle. It was INTENSE then, and it's even more INTENSE now. Some BPAL's barely last a couple of hours on me unless I slather, this one needs just the lightest touch of the roller ball. 

For me this is straight strawberry conserve, super sweet and jammy, with just enough fruity tang to make it more than just a sickly sugar fest. For anyone who knows Solstice Scents, it's quite reminiscent of their Blossom Jam Tea Cake. 

Because strawberry, used lightly, tends to be inoffensive I had hoped for this as a daytime scent but to be honest it's a little too full on for that. It's one of the ones that people who get close enough to smell it always compliment, though.