Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Minh Scent

Strong in His Entreaty Hair Gloss

Black leather accord, lavender, myrrh, and vetiver with white cognac.

With the note list, I was expecting a strong leather-myrrh-vetiver kick, but initial application, it smells of lavender, much lighter than anticipated. The leather does come out. Six hours after spraying, I sill had an attractive smell in my hair, including an intriguing note I could not identify. Low throw.

I have to agree with the above review. I anticipated a much stronger leather and vetiver lead scent. This however focuses more on the lavender and myrrh which has a softer sweeter vibe to it. I miss the leather and vetiver edge because I love those notes a little too much, but this is very pretty, like a feminine Iago, or Black Rider. A couple hours after application and I can huff my hair to get this complex blend of leather, lavender, and myrrh with just the faintest touch of vetiver grit. I love it completely, even if it was different than originally anticipated.

I opted to blind bottle this one for the lavender emphasis described above, and because I love leathers.

On me, this was waves of lavender for the first 10 or so minutes of wear, with just a sense of darkness beneath. Then the lavender drifted away and underneath was a dark blend that hinted of vetiver, but smelled like it was still in development. Then the black leather came out. It was an airy black leather, as my hair tends to do to notes, but edged with vetiver. I didn't notice myrrh.

It remained primarily black leather for the rest of its wear.

This hair gloss was surprising. It smells black leathery, cold, and scary in the bottle, but immediately turns into a fluff of sweet vanilla and lavender in my hair. It actually reminds me a lot of TKO. It has a fluffy, vanilla-y sweetness from somewhere. I catch whiffs of black leather every once in a while, but it's mostly all about sugared lavender to my nose.

On me it's a mixture of leather, lavender, soap, men's cologne and musk. Wish I got the 'vanilla sweetness' that others are getting but all I get is a lot of synthetic musk. BPAL's lavender note seems to be consistently soapy to my nose, more's the pity because I love lavender. The leather is nice though.

Basically if you ever wondered what a Victorian dandy; (or a Georgian roue), would smell like, this is probably it.

Edited by queenshaboo

Strong in His Entreaty is definitely a leather scent. A cold black leather, wreathed in wisps of lavender, a splash of cognac, and a distant memory of vetiver. I agree with the sense of cleanliness. 

Seems to fade quickly, leaving a slight, soft whiff of the scent, like the emptiness in a room just vacated. An essence remains, intangibly. 

Edit: When I took my braid out, the scent had been captured inside. It ended up lasting a good while once my hair was let down. The leather is clean, yet spicy in a way. I get the vibe of going to an upscale bar, feeling untouchable and refined. Definitely would be great on a man. I feel like nothing can stick to me, a powerful, calm and collected vibe. 

Edited by artisjok