Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vanilla323

Salted Caramel Shortbread

Dusted with cocoa and crushed nuts.

Fresh from the mail today it started very salty like a Mother Shub scent but then the salt calmed way down and a yummy snickerdoodle dough type scent rose up and was so tasty! Loved the morphing on this scent. :yum:

This is so salty and dry on me (me and nuts, man! ), but smells like a deliciously sweet shortbread cookie with salted caramel on my friend. I don't get any cocoa-they must mix with the dustiness of the cookie crumbles.

Roasted, caramel coated nuts that lean towards being too sweet and warm smelling for me, and kind of remind me of cracker jacks (that hard, sugary caramel coating) and pecan brittle, over a snickerdoodle cookie dusted with cinnamon. It does have an overall very dry, hard quality to it, if that makes sense. More crumbly smelling cookie and hard nut brittle than buttery or gooey.
The cookie part is similar to the slightly burnt sugar cookie and cinnamon base from the Halloween 'Caramel Apple Cookie' blend.

Not much throw or staying power on me, leaving a whiff of nut brittle and cinnamon as it fades away.
Lasted about 1 1/2 hours total, leaving behind a whiff of cinnamon, with no cocoa and not much throw at any stage.
Nice enough, but not my favorite gourmand.

This smells like cheese in the bottle. Like I was horrified by how much it smelled like stinky cheese. But I soldiered on and bravely put it on my skin and Bam! Beautiful, rich caramel.

Really, really weird ride to get there though.

At the beginning this smells like salted caramel, and as it dries down I get more of the powdery cocoa and a touch of walnuts. There's a buttery cake note as well on my skin. Good throw and wear length.

In the decant: Mostly caramel. This smells almost boozy. A little salt.

On my skin: This smells delicious immediately. I am getting the caramel still (it's reminding me of the caramel you get on caramel kettle corn) and buttery cookie. This is making my mouth water. Apparently, my mental associations with butter and salted caramel are stronger with caramel kettle corn than with any kind of cookie because that's what it's making me think of. But uh, kettle corn is awesome so that's not a bad thing. XD This could pass for some sort of carnival scent.

As it's drying I am getting some of the same sort of cocoa in Marshmallow Cookie Pie. I'm not really smelling nuts here, which I actually like because I'm not a huge nut fan. Perhaps the nuts contributed to my brain reading this as popcorn. I think they're adding a bit of warm dustiness to the scent as it dries on my skin.

Dry, this smells warm and lightly spiced. Somewhat similar to the drydown of Marshmallow Cookie Pie but with a bit of cinnamon.

I think a decant is all I need; I have other foody scents I like better. This is nice though.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Caramel and salt in the bottle. Goes on as caramel. A cookie note starts to come in as it dries, reminiscent of Sugar Cookie.

...and then it fades out. Wait, what?! Try it on the other wrist to be sure? Yep. Three minutes flat and it's gone. No cocoa, no nuts.

It's a lovely and accurate caramel, but not enough to make it a locket scent. Bummer.

I've been hunting BPAL for the perfect caramel scent and the perfect salt scent and was delighted to find the possibility of the two together.

In the bottle: Butterscotch! Delicious butterscotch candy. Very tasty, though definitely more butterscotch than the caramel note I've loved elsewhere. Still, no complaints.

Wet: Butterscotch candy with an edge of salt, morphing towards pure salty butter.

This stays close to the skin, but when I move, sweet butterscotch wafts through the air.

Dry: Dry nuts, flour dust, and sweet salted butter. To me, it smells more like getting ready to bake than the finished product -- the ingredients set out in the kitchen.

I like it, though I wish the butterscotch/caramel hung around longer.

Happy to try an imp from this, but going into it i know i'm not a fan of salted caramel. And that IS what this smells like. It is however not super in your face, and it's a touch soapy. Pleasant!