Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jeni Mullen

Smut Hair Gloss

Quintessential BPAL filth. Three swarthy, smutty musks sweetened with sugar and woozy with dark booze notes.

Comparing this to my 2015 vintage smut, you can really tell the difference. Both are fantastic, but the hair gloss is brighter and more sugar than musk. I can only assume that this is due to the former aging.
There is less of an in your face quality to this hair gloss and its one that I am more than willing to wear to work or out.

If you are a fan of musks you are going to need this. If you are a fan of smut oil? You're going to love this too.

Smut hair gloss is like a dream come true for me, because Smut is one of my favorite musky BPALs and I've long relished the idea of layering a hair gloss with the perfume. I don't know what three musks are in here, but they're awesome and the sugar is the just at the right amount—not too sweet. I never get the dark booze notes from Smut, but I'm not complaining, since boozy notes aren't always great on my skin.

In my hair, it's totally Smut, but it's not too strong—I think I could wear this to work. Every time my hair moves, I get a hit of soft, sugared musks. Love, love, love.

Even fresh from the mailbox, this is fabulous. I have a strange relationship with Smut perfume. It gets me a lot of compliments, but I don't completely love it. There's a hint of "after-sex" smell in the perfume that is what keeps me from loving it. But the hair gloss (well-shaken, I might add) is perfect! All the Smut goodness with none of the "after-sex". The musks are sweet but not overpowering, and not boozy. This is actually quite wearable in any setting. I need a backup bottle because this one is going to be sprayed all over mah body and hair!

Ooooh! How can a Smut lover say "no" to the HAIR Gloss?! Hair glosses go well all oh-vah the body, anyway...! I, too, think this is brighter, lighter than previous Smuts, which is just fine for all over spraying. It's slightly juicy, with a thick, chewy sweetness, and reminds me of the color and consistency of Chambord. The musks are rich and dark...maybe red, Siberian, and brown? It's dark, velvety, and delicious. The bottle art is absolutely perfect.

Edited by lookingglass

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

I usually enjoy red musk, but I don't like Snake Oil or Smut (which smell very similar to me). They both have a weird, brown, muddled thickness to them and a weird, unwashed, powdery, burnt hair something in them to my nose. This is sugary and musky, but strangely flat, heavy and dark, in an unpleasant way to my nose. Hard to describe. If you like Smut and Snake Oil, though, you'll obviously like this gloss.

I absolutely adore both Smut HG and Smut Perfume.  The HG from 2019 (? time flies) is a bit sweeter than the perfume on me, and also reads a bit more on the vanilla side.  I don't find the HG heavy on my hair at all, and I have ultra fine stick straight, oily, boring Nordic hair. If anything, it's great for flyaways.  Anyway, love the latest issue of this HG.