Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
neveragain

El Dia de los Reyes Hair Gloss

The Day of Kings, the Celebration of the Magi. In Mexico, on January 6th, children place their shoes by their windows. If they have been good during the previous year, the Wise Men tuck gifts into their shoes during the night.

Hot cocoa with cinnamon, coffee, and brown sugar.

Not getting coffee. Its a dryish chocolate (like if you combined Bliss and Gelt) and then sugared it.

Oh my!! First off, THANK YOU PUDDIN' for making this a hg!! If you are any kind of chocolate lover, hoard this.

In the bottle: Just rich dark chocolate!! I get a faint hint of coffee, but oh this is heavenly!

In damp hair: It is thick rich dark chocolate on me! I don't get dry chocolate at all. This is the choco hg I have been wanting forever.

Has a great throw and after a few, I still don't get any cinnamon, but there is a slight coffee note to it, but it is mostly a gorgeous chocolate!! Foody lovers rejoice!! Get this, and get it while you can. I am so not sharing any of my bottle and might have to get a back up!! ;)

I actually got this by accident, but OMG what a wonderful accident it was. I know the foodie scents come with a "don't eat/drink" disclaimer and 99.99999999% of the time I just roll my eyes at it but this is just....this is just some next level awesomeness.

I am allergic to chocolate and cinnamon, I can smell them both, but I can't ingest them, so this hair gloss just makes me so incredibly HAPPY that I can't even begin to explain it adequately. It smells, for lack of a better word, real, like the thickest darkest pot of drinking chocolate you could ever dream of laced with coffee. I don't really get any cinnamon from this at all, which is fine because the chocolate/coffee blend is just amazing on its own, I'm guessing if this were the oil I'd amp up the cinnamon and not be able to wear it, so this is just perfect.

It's chocolate and cinnamon on me. El Dia is one of my favorite BPAL scents, and this smells so much like one of my older bottles of El Dia on me. I love it.

I love El Dia perfume (mine is 2013) ad am really happy this won the poll! My El Dia perfume is chocolate and cinnamon on me.

This smells identical to the perfume on me. Really dry chocolate, followed by cinnamon and sugar. I don't get the coffee in it, but I never have in the perfume either. I love this and can't wait to wear it with the perfume, but it will also pair nicely with Gelt I think, and Muddy Puddles, and probably lots of other chocolate scents too!

El Dia is very straightforward. Hot chocolate (the powdered kind) and a hint of cinnamon. No coffee here either. It reminds me of the dry chocolate in Muddy Puddles without the marshmallows. If that's the kind of scent you like, then El Dia is for you!

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

This smells just like the yummy smelling perfume oil to me. It's like whipping up brown sugar, butter and cinnamon into a crumble topping and having a mug of rich hot chocolate next to that buttery cinnamon crumble. I really like the brown sugar in this, and the cinnamon isn't sharp at all. I still have to be careful with this, because cinnamon irritates my skin, but it's really delicious smelling ^_^

Cocoa powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. This smells like the hot cocoa my uncle (who has since passed away) used to make around the Christmas holidays - chocolate (bitter, with a touch of powderiness), spicy (because of the cinnamon, which I would venture to say smells like cassia cinnamon), and just a touch of sugar. It's a very nostalgic smell to me actually, and it smells like holidays in Latin America. Average throw and wear length on my hair.

Sadly, this smells funky when I use it in my hair, so I've been using as a dry oil body spray and it is pretty perfect. So chocolately and rich, with just a touch of cinnamon and a hint of coffee. And it makes my skin feel super soft....chocolate and soft skin, what's not to love?