Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Numanoid

Whip Hair Gloss

Agony and ecstasy: black leather and damp red rose.

Can't believe I am first....seem other people would have gotten this already! :)

In the bottle - I get roses...just roses. It is a soft rose, nothing too strong, but it's there. I am worried about it because I am not a rose fan, but most of the time, the HG counterpart to perfumes tend to work.

On damp hair - Well, I still get rose. It is kind of nice. I am not detecting the leather in it, but it might be just that note that is keeping the rose from being too overbearing. But like most of us, I am sure, notes we don't like tend to be "overpowering" to our noses.

Not sure I want to keep this... it is a perfect HG for springtime.... it is light and rosy, but I was hoping for a bit more of the leather to peek out. If you are a fan of light florals and roses, this is for you! Delicate in fact... to me at least.

I am not detecting the leather in it, but it might be just that note that is keeping the rose from being too overbearing. But like most of us, I am sure, notes we don't like tend to be "overpowering" to our noses.

I find this funny because I get plenty of leather from this gloss and wish it had more rose (then again, my dream hairgloss is 100% rose). In reality, I think the balance is pretty good between leather and rose and the two compliment each other well.

The rose scent is strong and fresh and doesn't tend toward sweet or sharp or any other the other ways that rose can go. It's exactly what it says on the label: leather and fresh deep rose.

In terms of strength, this one is in the middle-to-strong end for throw and has pretty good staying power. I swear I could still catch hints of leather in my damp hair this morning after washing out yesterday's gloss.

Overall, I'm glad to have this one in the hair gloss rotation. I think it will get good wear all year round.

Edited by brineydeep

How many ways doth rose appear? All forms would smell as sweet...

Rose scent is definitely a form of infinite variation, and the rose in this is one that reminds me of my favorite tea rose perfume from Coty, back in the 1970s.

The leather is very background, just enough to moderate the rose and give it a warmer depth, and seems strongest when this is first sprayed on. The rose scent is bright tea rose (the old rose tea rose scent, not hybrid tea) and very powerful on my hair. The staying power of rose on my unwashed hair was amazing. On freshly washed hair, the rose fades out a bit after a few hours, and it becomes more leathery.

I'm complementing it with Rose Cross perfume, though it can definitely stand on its own.

Sultry, sexy red rose. In alot of ways, this reminds me to Peacock Queen but when PQ is definitely regal, Whip is sexy. This is the smell of red rose petals that have been f*cked on.

Unapologetically, sexy red rose.

I'm shocked I forgot to review this!

I adore Whip, and the hair gloss is totally true to the perfume on me. This is the perfect balance between red rose and leather (and a leather note I can wear, no less!) This is the sexiest rose ever. Whip, indeed! Love it.

Is "fuck me hair" a thing? If it is, any hair you put this on will become that.  I want to roll in this.  This instance of rose plays with the leather so well I'd say they're almost perfectly balanced.  

This tester, too, has been taken hostage by DigitalMom.

In 2020, I got a hold of a bottle of whip HG with about 1/3 left in it. I already had the whip perfume, which I adore.

The hair gloss is a bit different from the bottle of the perfume I have. While the perfume oil has a deep red rose with supple black leather jacket, and a salty aquatic breeze, the hair gloss simpler:

I get a strong rose with a strong leather and the salty aquatic is barely there. Upon application, the rose and leather threaten to go soapy/ astringent, but after 10 minutes it settles down (the rose is still a bit more astringent than the perfume oil). 

I like it, but not quite as much as the perfume oil. I would totally buy a bottle if it gets re-released.