Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

The Chariot

In the vial: Lotus for certain. Maybe a hint of vanilla and a citrus as well.

Wet: Anise? How odd but there's a definite black licorice note wafting off my wrists. The lotus is still present and sweetening up the anise a bit, but how odd.

Dry: And yep, that's where it stays. Lotus and anise, in a tug of war between extremely sweet and watery and biting and bitter. Which, I suppose, matches the card very well, as it pulls us in many directions. The scent on my skin, however, is a bit nauseating and headache inducing, so off it goes.

In the bottle: Anise and lotus. It's like bubble gum licorice. Wierd.

First on: The same as above but with a bit of toned down sweetness. Maybe some vanilla in there?

Drydown: Still the same as above. I generally hate licorice so this one is definitely not for me, though the anise is much less powerful than it could be.

Overall: I definitely feel like there's 2 completely different directions to go here, but they both seem to work together somehow instead of fighting with each other. Totally the chariot.

First on: Peaches! Deepening to peaches and cream, with maybe a hint of something spicy.

Laster impressions: Smooth and creamy, reminds me of St. Ives Apricot facial scrub and moisturizer, which I loved using when I was younger.

Still later: After reading the other reviews I was very puzzled. I didn't get any licorice/anise at all. Just sweet creaminess. So I reapplied, trying hard to detect it. Very fresh on I could just barely smell a bit of licorice, but it went away in favor of the peachy smell as before, which is just as well since I hate licorice. Love the peachiness, though.

So, I hate anise with a passion, and I'm wary of Lotus, but still had to try The Chariot, since I've known it to be connected to the numerology of my birthday.

So, today I don't have to go nowhere, and it struck me as a good opportunity to test it without having to feel uncomfortable among people, wearing the "wrong" perfume and all that. :P

Ok, from the imp it smells definitely of anise - and lotus, same when it hits my skin.

Cross-checking the reviews, I seem to detect some white wine or champagne notes as well.

After some 15 minutes to half an hour, the lotus has lost its warm sticky bubblegumminess, and the anise has grown softer. They actually make for an interesting combination. The effect to me is that it smells "clean". Chalky, herby, sugar dusted and breezy. It's not all that bad in the end. I'm not sure if I'd wear this as a perfume, but I'm not as repulsed by it as I had feared. I'll definitely keep my imp to ponder about what the card means for me and my life from time to time.

Another unsuccessful frimp for me, I'm afraid :D

My first impression of this was fruity bubblegum. (I've read that in people's descriptions many times, but this is definitely the first scent to strike me that way.)

On my skin the bubblegum goes away, but the fruitiness smells very artificial, which makes me sad because fruit scents are usually my favorite. Sure enough, within a few minutes I start to get a definite plastic note, and before long plastic is all that's left. Oh well, at least since it was free it's really no loss; maybe I can find a loving home to pass it along to :P

Wet, this smells like fruit. I'm not quite sure what fruit, but my brain keeps insisting it's neither peaches nor oranges. Still, fruit and cream. It's terribly tasty. It doesn't quite mesh with my interpretation of The Chariot, but who cares when it smells like this?

The cream fades fairly quickly, but it never becomes overwhelmingly fruity. It's a charming scent - it makes me think of the card peripherally, as though this is the scent of the fruits of victory, rather than the victory itself. It's heady and decadent and also terribly strong, strong enough that I need to remember to barely touch it to my skin as a dab is enough to give me a headache.

In one word: Bubblegum. It's sweet and fruity, and a little bit powdery. To me it's feminine, but more in a girlish way than a womanly way. I like it, but it's not really my thing.

The Chariot - when I first put it on, I thought it was a really pretty scent. Then, over the next 10-15 minutes, I kept catching whiffs of it and was blown away by how overwhelmingly gorgeous it is. It's a fruity-floral that may have a bit of champagne sparkle in it, and it's really bright and uplifting. I don't know the first thing about how the scent may or may not correspond with its Tarot card, but based on fragrance alone, I was certain I was going to need a full-size bottle of it, but the first time I wore it, it disappeared off my skin 20 minutes into it. The second time I wore it, I wasn't as enamored by the scent, but I was blown away by the lasting power and the way I kept getting wafts of something really lovely all afternoon while I ran my errands, and was always extremely thrilled when I realized that lovely scent I kept smelling was me!

In the imp: juicy, sweet fruit with a touch of anise. Some lotus too.

On the skin: ah yes, anise, sweet fruit, specifically a touch of pear, and the bubblegum sweetness of lotus. Oh - the anise is getting strong and taking over the sweet fruit. As it wears, the anise/fennel continues to dominate the scent and it reminds me of the digestives you see sometimes in Indian restaurants (fennel seeds with little licorice candies).

Overall: the anise is so strong in here. I don’t care to smell like a licorice candy so while it was good to try, I won’t be getting a bottle of this.

Initially I got a very heavy red wine scent from the Chariot. Then some anise was coming through. It is a very dark purple with bits of brown or maybe burgandy kind of scent. As it dries the anise and some kind of blunt spice comes out a bit more and it becomes less sweet on my skin. I just wish it smelled more like it did when I first put it on.

In vial: Weeeeird. Sickly unripe pear. I can see how this might contain lotus...I'll keep my hopes up that it'll turn into nice friendly lotuses when it hits my kin.

On me: Fresh fruit of some kind. There is definitely lotus here. And an almost banana-peach smell? I'm not getting any anise; pity, I like anise.

Once it dries down it's a sweet fresh-fruity lotus scent. There's still some of that weird sickly note left over from the wet stage, though. If I want a good lotus, or a good fruit, I have other things I can reach for. I can see this being appropriate for the tarot card, but it's not jumping out and grabbing me, image-wise.

This smells medicinal, like cough syrup or something. Anise, probably? It reminds me of Good n' Plenty candy. It gets a little more fruity over time (and maybe slightly floral) but I really don't like the beginning part.

Wet on the wand and straight on the skin: very fruity, loads of berry and a strange combination of chalk and water.

On the dry down: almost immeidately the scent morphs into something spicier and slightly sweeter. The tiniest hint of wood in the background. Slowly morphs into something sweeter, almost cloying with a hint of tartness.

Fading out: This one has throw and it took longer than normal for me to get to the fading out phase (that's saying something as most scents just vanish within a short amount of time). It finally ended up where a lot of people described it: bubble gum. I don't get the apples, it's more like synthetic strawberries... which isn't bad really. Just not for me. Too bad the wood and spice didn't stick around.

My description: This one threw me. Automatically didn't like it for the combination of fruit/chalk/water. Yeck. But almost immeidately it turned at my sideways and slowly won me over. Rather appropriate for the Chariot who finds victory in approaching with intellect instead of wasting energy going in straight on. Ironically is slowly lost me in the end. But I have to admit: it does embody the Chariot.

in the bottle: yep, fruity wine. like Fruminous Bandersnatch's sophisitcated out of town cousin :D

wet on skin: yummy. almost effervescent.

dry down: the alcohol quality has been more incorporated at this point, making the blend more seamless. nicely done!

in all: a card of optimism and good fortune on the way, i think the enthusiasm of the Chariot is well expressed here. more, please! :D

:P

I am guessing this has some pear, and definitely lotus, as in the beginning this had a big burst of sweet fruit, almost like a bubble. After an hour, its more of a juicy fruit bubblegum sort of smell, and yes, watery all around.

Interesting, but not for me.

Oddly enough, I did get a golden globe image in my head, but not like it's the Sun but rather looking at the picture of the Sun.