Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Land of Cheerfulness: blood orange and apricot with Chinese geranium, Italian bergamot, langsat pulp, cardamom, white peach, and white sandalwood.

On me, this is bright and cheery - very citrus heavy with the predominant note being bergamot. It reminds me strongly of some of the "metal" Chinese new year scents. On dry down, I get a touch of the peach and sandalwood. I got no cardamom or geranium at all.

So pretty and so perfect for spring. This was my first lunacy in ages and I love it.

Edited by Ellebelle

first little lunacy review :dance:

from the get go this orange is so very juicy and bright, lasts a long while and hours later

it reminds me of gazing at the summer sunset with sand between my toes on my favorite beach

The Land of Cheerfulness is a very merry place!

Loving this one - this is one of the first Lunacies I've gotten to try that has ever really worked on me. But I love citrus and apricot, so I couldn't resist. Glad I didn't.

Light, bright, and definitely a cheerful scent. Big wet hit of citrus that makes me smile. Thanks, Beth!

Blood orange, geranium, carnation and a swirl of peach.

HOLY CRAP. This is gorgeous. I totally need some more.

My only regret with Terra Vigoris is that I didn't get two bottles! I picked this up because Hungry Ghost Moon is one of my favorites, and the notes reminded me of the sunny, citrusy brightness of that scent. And in fact, there is a resemblance between the two, which absolutely delights me.

Terra Vigoris is a sheer, lovely orange color, and even just dabbing it on my wrist feels a bit like applying a transdermal hit of happiness. Then it's blood orange and apricot and peach and bergamot, so real it smells like the juice is running down my arm. I've never tasted langsat, but it might account for the mild grapefruit note amongst the other fruits. The geranium and cardamom give depth and temper the bright fruits. The white sandalwood crests below, providing a nice dry base.

So beautiful, so fresh—and yes, so cheerful! I absolutely love this.

I love this one way more than Mare Nectaris, personally.

The apricot and citrus combo is just divine. I get a ton more apricot on the wet stage and then the peach comes out on the dry stage. I get no geranium and no cardamom at all and that's just fine by me. Like everyone else has said, this is beautiful and cheerful and will be soooo good for the upcoming summer. I like this very much.

I agree that this reminds me of the Chinese New Year blends. It's a swirl of juicy fruits, lead by sharp, bright citrus tones. Blood orange, lemony bergamot, and soft, fuzzy apricot are the main players on my skin, with a bit of powdery sandalwood in the drydown.

This may be the citrus blend I have been looking for forever! The combination of the blood orange and bergamot with the stone fruits is just stunning. Half an hour after application, the geranium is beginning to emerge. I have no idea what langsat smells like, and I'm not getting any cardamom, which is one of my favorite scents, but I'm not sure it would really contribute much here anyway. So far my skin is not sucking it into a black hole like it usually does with citrus scents.

While this does have a cheerful sunshine vibe, oranges are in season in winter, and I think it will be delightful to wear to warm up dull, cold winter days. Absolutely beautiful, and I'm hoping it will have a decent wear length as well.

The Land of Cheerfulness, indeed! Terra Vigoris is a blend that showcases bright citrus and fuzzy fruits. It starts off strong on the blood orange and apricot, with the peach playing a bigger role later on. The geranium in this one is present, but tame. The white sandalwood ends up coming out to play after a while, and I think it may be helping to ground the citrus and fruit notes, as they actually have some good longevity here! I never got any cardamom from this.

Thank you to the lovely forumite that gave me some to try. :hug: This is a really nice, uplifting scent, and I will cherish my decant.

In the imp, this smells mostly of peach and apricot. I don't get much blood orange, but I can tell it's there. It smells very juicy. On my skin, I get a sharp burst of sweet citrus before the blood orange dies away. Then I get that brief nasty smell that apricot does on me before it settles down. I do get the geranium, its a nice herbal/floral note with the apricot and peach. The sandalwood is there in the background, holding everything down, and I never get any cardamom. This is definitely bright and cheerful, but something goes slightly soapy, and it smells a bit too much like a shampoo scent for me.