Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Ravenous

An utterly feral, thoroughly rousing perfume. Red patchouli sweetened by orange blossom.

This is an aged imp. I put on Ravenous and got nothing. Well, not quite nothing, but not much. So I figured it would go straight to swaps, and kind of forgot it was there. Within 15 minutes, it was the most beautiful orange blossom scent I've had the privilege of smelling, similar to the note in Hunger. It's now several hours later and still going strong. The patchouli is really just a grounding note here, on me; this is really all about the orange blossom. Sweet and lush, a little bit creamsicle. Lovely!

Serendipity. This is possibly the same imp Lucchesa reviewed, as I received it in a swap from her. 

In the imp: Initially, it's all about the orange blossom, though sniffing for a couple of seconds, I can easily make out the patchouli as well. 

On my skin:

First, though I realize oil color doesn't necessarily have a bearing on scent quality, this oil is the most delicious copper brown of aged Snake Oil -- perhaps a touch redder. Second, yes, on my skin too, this oil is at first, literally nothing. The orange blossom and patchouli scents from the vial have vanished on my skin. Perhaps my skin is also ravenous for Ravenous?

After a few minutes, I start to get a gentle tease of patchouli. It's a lighter and softer version of that note than is present in some other blends, but it's definitely present. Roughly a half hour after application, I get a tinkling of orange blossom, just on the edges of the patchouli note. 

Yup. This remains a barely floral light and smooth patchouli. It's quite nice for what it is, though the fact that I don't get more orange blossom probably means I do not require a bottle. Still glad to have had the opportunity to try this imp!

Wet: Orange creamsicle! Not mad at it.  It's not cloying.  

Dry: The orange faded fast on me, like less than ten minutes fast.  Whatever is left is warm and spicy--I assume it's the patchouli.

L wrist - something vaguely flowery on the edges but I really think my skin ate this.

This decant must be really aged, because the orange blossom, while the star of this blend, it much more subdued than it usually is on me. It makes me think of the orange blossom equivalent of rosewater, because it is tamer than straight up orange blossom. And somehow, there's a creaminess to the scent, too. The patchouli is very soft in this one, and it helps to ground the scent. I also feel like there's a touch of spice here, behind these notes? 

Although I doubt I'd reach for this, this is much more pleasant than I thought it would be. Probably one of the best orange blossom scents I've tried from the Lab, along with Vixen, because the orange blossom is so much smoother in this than in most scents.

Got this as a frimp and it's just lovely. I would not describe it as feral, however, which is a good thing for me. It smells very much like a couple years' aged Harlot weirdly: smooth, clean, sweet. Smells like a lightly citrusy tart.