Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alethia

Boo Hair Gloss

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

I have bottles of Boo perfume and bath oil so I had to get the matching hair gloss, of course! This will sound like blasphemy, but I have more of a like/meh relationship with Boo, though. It's a scent I wear not because I love it, but because it's acceptable in public situations where I need an inoffensive neutral scent. That doesn't fit with most Boo lovers, but it works for me. So... the hair gloss is definitely long-lasting in my hair, which is always a good thing to me. I get more of a clean cotton/linen scent from Boo hair gloss than any other note, which is consistent with how the perfume smells on me. The bath oil gives me a bit more of the vanilla cream note than the hair gloss or perfume, so wearing them all together makes the perfect combination. I get absolutely zero caramel or brown sugar from this, just a nice clean cotton with a hint of vanilla cream. I'm glad that the Post brought the hair gloss back this year because I skipped it last year. Now my Boo collection is complete. :smile:

In the bottle, 2015 Boo HG smells like butterscotch.

Spritzed on damp hair, the butterscotch unravels into sugar, and cream/cream soda. The dairy-ish scent goes away pretty quickly on me, leaving cream soda vanilla. It's pretty, and I got complimented on how I smelled.

I applied 7 sprays to my below-shoulder-length hair today, and it wasn't super-strong.

I'm glad I got Boo. I hope it comes back again next year.

Boo HG smells just like the perfume oil to me. I get whiffs of all 3 notes at different times. It's a nice light scent that works well w/ my lighter and sweeter autumnal scents. I need several sprays as my hair is longer again. It's also dry on the ends and frizzy all over, but since it's oily on top, I don't put much there. A lovely and not-too-sweet scent that could be used year-round.

This review is for the 2014 version!

Similar to the 2009 perfume oil, however this is less buttery and more sugary cotton. And weirdly the perfume oil lasts longer than this? I don't usually have that happen with hair glosses and this is much newer than the oil. 

While I thought the cream in the perfume oil almost resembled popcorn, this comes close to resembling candy corn on me. I think the cotton and sugar really shine more in this blend than the cream.

Still just as lovely as the perfume oil, will upgrade if I can!