Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fetish911

Fractured Singularity

Tobacco flower, saffron crocus, myrrh, ambergris accord, and a touch of vetiver grass.

First off I love tobacco sn, not so much a fan of tobacco flower after I had it completely ruin a blend for me. I figured I would roll the dice and get this blend unsnifffed. Wet it's very much an oceany, fresh aquatic on me. Tobacco flower is behaving and it's the lovely ambergris that is strongest. I can smell a sweet grassy tone underneath not sure if that's what vetiver grass smells like but it's nice. As it dries not much change. I like! About half an hour later, it softens further and the tobacco flower is a little more prominent. Ambergris is still holding on and I can detect that powdery-ness of myrrh? But tobacco flower is dominant note in this blend. Very nicely done. I like it!

Wow.. this is like an Opium SN! I think it's the combination of the tobacco flower, the well behaved vetiver, and a little saltiness from the ambergris. The myrrh emerges over time for a touch of powdery sweetness but this still reads like straight opium to my nose.

When I first apply Fractured Singularity I immediately get a beautiful, dry white tobacco flower (similar to the one in Dia). The vetiver grass doesn't jump out at me, I'm guessing it's contributing to the dryness of the floral note. As this dries, it becomes softer, blurred, almost fuzzy and slightly powdery. No worries, this isn't a baby powder note but more of a synesthesia feeling of soft, white light being viewed through opaque glass.

The final dry down is a soft floral gently warmed by resin with the tobacco flower in the forefront. There's also a clean quality about this. it's incredibly beautiful! If you like feminine scents that are less sweet and girly I urge you to give FS a try :) For some reason I imagine Galadriel from Lord of the Rings would wear this. :wub2:

Vetiver, grass, opium and tobacco flower like a la Belle Epoque without the sandalwood.

This is redolent, smoky sophisticated blend. It's slightly gender neutral to me in that it has a smoky floral vibe with a softer edge but its not overtly feminine. The best way I can describe it as opulent.

I like Belle Epoque, and I like this by extension. This may require further testing to decide whether or not I need more.

Straight out of the mailbox, my first sniff was disappointing. The notes were 'fractured' all over the place, as it's namesake suggests. Air freshener came to mind.

But thankfully, I waited a day for my bottle to settle down before re-sniffing. And I was glad I did, because it was so much better: Wet top notes of slightly aquatic tobacco flower (nicotiana) and crocus, and a bit of khus (vetiver grass) backing it up. (so far so good)

I did a quick mini test first on the back of my hand to see if it passed the "no-migraine-causing" test. It did (yay). So I went straight for a proper test next:

Tobacco flower bursts out dominant (reminds me of Smoky Moon 2009 - a top 10 fav of mine).

Khus (vetiver grass) then does this awesome thing on me - starts out as a masculine cologne only for about 20 mins or so, and then flips over to a sweet fresh dried grassy smell.

Ambergris initially starts out salty, but that soon fades away and then turns creamy and smooths out the sharp edges of the florals and grass and ties everything together perfectly...

OMG I love this. :thud:

All in all, Fractured Singularity ends up being exactly what I'd hoped it would be. It sits on the slightly floral side of the gender neutral fence, so I've been layering it with a bit of sugared vanilla these last 2 days to push it over the edge. It slays all.

Gonna keep my eye out for a backup bottle for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Update*: This has aged fabulously and has become a multi-bottle Top 5 favourite.

Edited by rawgirl75

I get a weird Zest/ Irish Spring vibe from this. I like the vetiver/ambergris/myrrh combo, but I think I need that without the floral note. I might mix my decant into an atmo spray, since it is very clean smelling to me.

• ITB: Oh, that's deeper and a bit more masculine than I expected from the combination of vetiver, tobacco flower, saffron, and ambergris (much really reads as a fougere musk more than anything, but I'm really not complaining since I love fougere almost as much as I adore ambergris).

Wet: The tobacco flower and saffron crocus are more detectable once applied to the skin, and the vetiver does have a grassy quality to it, but it still has a masculine quality to he scent as a whole that I'm really enjoying. I'm surprised hat the myrrh isn't showing up, though.

Dry: After a long walk, the scent now has the woody resin that was missing earlier. It still has some of the vetiver along with the saffron and tobacco - yielding a really pleasant masculine yet completely wearable scent for any gender.

Sharp tobacco flower, strong and perfumey with a touch of musk. There's something appealing here under all the musky perfume, but it's mostly unpleasantness on me.

I recently acquired a few of the Fragmented Alice blends (huge Alice fan!) and am excited to start testing them. This one is first.

Wet: Umm. Not sure? Soapy. Almost piney. Not pleasant. I am going to let this settle on my arm for a while before I sniff again.

Dry: This becomes really good on me. Took me a long time to figure out what it reminds me of - Lush's Ginger perfume, without the actual ginger. It's very perfumey, but in a way I really enjoy. I can't pick out any of the notes at all. I really like it. It almost has an effervescent quality - almost, but not quite. I enjoy it a lot and am happy to have it in my collection.

This is gorgeous! Totally unlike anything I've smelled before. I wouldn't have guessed this was tobacco flower and crocus--to me it smells like getting right up next to a fresh, velvety red rose (yes, it smells velvety). The ambergris does its lovely salty-perfumey thing I love so much and gives the floral some edge, and the myrrh and vetiver darken things further and make this a truly mysterious, beautiful scent. I may have to get a second bottle.

this went on smelling soapy so i was ready to be disappointed by tobacco flower. however after it has some drying time the saffron comes out and turns the soapiness into more of a powderiness. for a brief window in the drying phase for me there is a white floral-sweetness but that disappears. definitely still has the cleanness of tobacco flower vs the chewiness of other tobacco blends. very saffron forward for me, with a powdery edge. i don’t get much vetiver which can sometimes be very forward on me