Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Frolic

A Peculiar Game of Shoji Bath Oil

Rosewood, red currant, green tea, and caramelized sugar.

I'm horrible at reviews but thought I should write one because no one else has yet.

Lovely, simply lovely. I used it as an after shower moisturizer. I was a bit nervous about the rosewood taking over because it really isn't my favorite but it was nicely balanced. I could smell each individual note and they blended well. I feel cuddly like I want to go hide under my covers but it isn't a heavy scent. It definitely has a early spring feel to it.

I have a decant right now but am strongly considering a bottle should I have the funds before they go down.

Beautiful, completely beautiful - this manages to be light and yet fill the bathroom with scent at the same time. The rosewood wasn't heavy and woody - this is rosewood full of fresh sap, smelling like a ton of fresh red roses still on the branch. The green tea lifts this and there is a sweet fruity background and a tiny burnt note from the caramel, and I find myself wanting to eat my own arm. Definitely bottle-worthy and perfect for spring. :wub2:

got this simply because the tp was out of a component of another bath oil and I was too impatient to wait. I get sweet, fresh rosewood lightened by green tea and sweetened with carmelized sugar (this note is not overpowering at all). I really love this and am so happy the order worked out this way!! It is light and softly sweet, not too strong or heachache inducing at all.

I am testing this on my skin and not in the bath.

In the decant: I am mostly getting rosewood from this, but I can also smell green tea and a bit of the red currant.

Wet: This starts off as currant-y rosewood. However, it isn't long before the rosewood dominates. It stays that way for a while. It becomes sweeter the longer I wear it, likely due to the prominence of the 'rose' in the rosewood as well as the caramelized sugar (although I can't specifically detect said sugar at the moment).

Dry: Rosewood and currant. The other notes seem to be hiding in the background.

Verdict: This is nice, but I won't be needing a full bottle of this. I will definitely be keeping my decant, though!

Tested this on my skin, so will update when I have a chance to bath-test.

I get sweetness from the sugar, freshness from the tea, a little tart-sweet fruitiness from the currant.. and rose from the rosewood? Don't get me wrong, I prefer rose to wood, but I wasn't expecting it to be explicitly floral. All of the notes stand out, but also blend to create a lovely scent. I can't wait to try this out in the tub!

Fruity tea at first, very nice. Dries to a sugared tea. I like this, but it's rather faint on me. I really have to LOVE a blend to purchase it these days, can't afford just likes:), so I won't be upgrading, though this is quite nice.

Fruit currant, green tea, and a dash of light roses. It's nice, light and only slightly rose.

Very pretty, indulgent without feeling overwhelming, and the green tea/currant adds a bit of playful freshness to the blend.

Purchased a bottle of this from the Lab on Etsy, and no regrets. It's a tart, fruity tea with a touch of floral, perky without being overly effervescent. I like it quite a bit and I'm sure I'll be reaching for it a lot as a pick-me-up during the cold winter months.