Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Playful Cat Atmosphere Spray

Sweet tonka, ambrette seed, golden musk, and smoky myrrh.

I had to have a bottle of Playful Cat just because of the label art. I also wanted it because of the sweet tonka note.

In the bottle, it smells incense-y. I mostly get the smoky myrrh note, and a hint of something that reminds me a bit of a note in Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid Orgies -- it's either the ambrette seed (which I know that Orgies contains) or the musk note.

When it is first sprayed, the myrrh note is quite prominent, and then it turns into a very powder-y scent. I had the boy walk into the livingroom to smell it, and he said it smelled like baby powder. (Note: He does not normally say this about scents.) I actually have to agree with him on that one. Once he said it, I couldn't stop smelling baby powder myself... well, a more expensive baby powder. Then, the myrrh note (and the note that reminds me of something in Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid Orgies) returns.

I will update this review if the scent ends up changing after settling for a few days, but at the moment, I am not loving Playful Cat.

Very heavy on the powdery myrrh. It reminds me a bit of Minotaur, they must share the same spicy myrrh note, which is awesome because I love that blend! But there is something else, I dont know which note it is (either musk or ambrette, which is also musky), that is almost cologne-like.. it comes across to me as either mens cologne or a traditional older woman's perfume... hmm..

If you're a big myrrh fan, you'll like this I'm sure. It's rich and spicy and would also be suitable for a dude's area (how apropos :lol: ) because I do think it leans a bit masculine

I just got my decant in the mail and misted just a bit on my sweater.

The scent reminds me a lot of a sprayable form of Haunted. I think the similarity is the dark sweet musks and amber. Reads very much like a black musk/amber hybrid. The vanilla isn't pronounced, it just keeps things on the sweet side from the background.

The scent is pretty much as one would expect from the note list, if ambery musks are your thing, this is your atmo spray.

In the decant: Musk, tonka, myrrh.

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: And now the ambrette seed joins the other three to make a scent that I really like, sweet and mildly spicy, and again another atmos spray that will be perfect for late summer/early autumn.

Incensey, musky, full of myrrh.

Playful Cat is dark, playful and resinous. It's very gender neutral, quite pleasant, but unfortunately in this house, myrrh smells like baby powder to a few people.

Which means its going to get get no love and no appreciation. *sigh*

This was a gift!

I really really like playful cat. It has the sweetness of tonka and smokiness of myrrh. To me, myrrh doesnt go baby powder. Its all smokey- sweetness. I just want to put in on my pillow and huff it for a while.

This is beautiful - musk and Myrrh, mainly. If it were a perfume, I would totally wear it all the time. Not sure I really want my house to smell like it (just a personal preference) but I think it's gorgeous. I think I'll spray my scarves with it.

The tonka, ambrette and golden musk swirl together into a warm, lightly sweet, ton of musky baby powder. Reminds me a little of British Blondes, but this is more powdery and less sweet than Blondes.

This is one that I couldn't guess what the notes are at all just from smelling--it's reminiscent of a few of my favorite scents, like Lolita Lempicka EDP, which may be the tonka. I do like tonka. It's definitely warm and resinous, but in a borderline-fruity way. If someone told me there was a date or raisin note in here I'd probably believe it! It's also very powdery but not in a way I mind, which is surprising. I think I'll keep my decant.