Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Opium tar, asphodel, and lavender, with tuberose, grave moss, frankincense, and mandrake root.

In the bottle: Sharp and almost green lavender.

Wet on Skin: Dusty and powdery but pleasant, I smell the tuberose and lavender here. with the lavender losing the sharpness and blending in with the frankincense. This is very pleasant and soft, and I think it really does capture the scent of soft eternal sleep, like a sleep blend spilled on the floor of an old tomb.

Drydown: Soft powdery lavender. Very soothing. I might order a backup of this one.

This is another one that is really sharp in the bottle, but once it goes on, changes completely. Wet, it’s sharp, then quite green. The lavender comes to the forefront here. As it dries it sweetens up and goes a bit powdery before the frankincense takes over. Once it settles, it has almost a root beer or sarsaparilla smell. This one morphs quite a bit from start to end, and the entire ride is a fun one.

Wet: Strong lavender. Dry..the opium tar and lavender swirl together in this magnificent but light dance across my skin. This is a night time scent for the spring. I think I may order a partial and then another just for this purpose. This scent makes me think of the French fields of lavender in Provence, France. :D

In the decant: I'm getting sharp lavender and something dark, perhaps the grave moss and the frankincense?

Wet: Lavender and herby-ness with a soapy quality. Even after a few minutes, the soapy-vibe is still there.

Dry: Damn, it's still soapy!

Later: It stayed really soapy for a while, but now the frankincense is emerging, and I am getting more of a woody-vibe from this.

Wow, this is a morpher! The frankincense is now the dominant note, and it's strong. It's no longer soapy, but it is slightly powdery in the background. Curiouser and curiouser!

Verdict: Testing this was interesting experience, but the scent isn't really me. (Also, the soapy phase lasted for a really long time!)

Edited by dementia_divine

Wet: Dark lavender, almost chocolate-y.

Drydown: Smoky notes, flowers, and a hint of lavender. What must be the asphodel (because I don’t think it’s the tuberose) settles in as the main note. Frankincense and opium tar form a resinous cloud in the middle, and moss adds a grounding green element in the background. It’s lighter and fresher than you might expect, but pleasantly deep at the same time. Soft, sleepy, and very grounded.

Dry: The frankincense gains some strength and a bit of cool sweetness comes forth from the tuberose. Well-blended, well-balanced, and just lovely. It smells like a bed where only dreams of fairy meadows and enchanted forests take place.

8 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

The prominent notes on my skin are lavender and grave moss, and everything else softens the scent and adds to it and makes it dreamy wonderful. There's nothing sharp or medicinal. I was concerned about the tuberose, but it isn't giving me any problems here at all. The main reason I like this one so much is that it is a wonderful sleepytime scent. To me, it ranks up there with TKO. It doesn't force me to go to sleep, but rather puts me in a better space to do so. Also, this is one of the few scents that I could definitely smell when I woke up, and it was still really good. I don't usually get backups, but I may have to consider it for this one.

Edited by titania

Pretty much lavender and incense to me, quite lovely, it reminds me of that Compass Point blend Nightmare. I love lavender, and have quite a few blends with it. Nightmare seriously gave me a terrible nightmare, and I haven't used it since, though I liked the scent. I may hunt down a partial of this to use for bedtime.

Lavender, moss, opium tar and swirls of tuberose and frankincense.

So this is a *much* darker lavender, thanks to the opium tar and the moss. Added to it is a occasional whiff of tuberose that adds to lavender's floralness and sharpness, and the frankincense which adds a resinous warmth to it all.

It has a much more complex smell, as compared to I am Tired of Tears and Laughter, much much darker, and in general I'd describe the overall feel as gothic.

This is smelling lavender on a moonless night, right before you step into a haunted house. It's a foreboding scent.

ITI: I get the impression of something relaxing and clean, which must be the lavender. I'm not picking up much else aside from lavender, though.

Wet: Yep, that's lavender. However, I'm now getting a bit of green from the mandrake and moss, and a bit of strong lily-like flower from the asphodel. It's a bit in-your-face soapy smelling, but it's okay.

Dry: After a few hours and a mild workout, the scent is much less soapy. In fact, it's pleasantly soft and floral from the tuberose, asphodel, and frankincense (very light).