Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mand

Chocolate and Cocoa, in every combination possible

I really like almond: but there are so many oils with almond..

I need your suggestions: which scent is the most almondy one -

maybe Eclipse ?

I'm also looking for a Dark chocolate scent , the only one seems to be Gluttony - am I right?

Thank you

Edited by ivyandpeony
title tweak with thread clean-up & to enhance search results - a number of threads have been merged into this one since the inception of the forum.

Eclipse is gorgeous! Very much almond! As a almond scent lover I heartily recommend this.

Haven't tried Gluttony, but I am looking forward to it - sounds wonderful. Vice also has a chocolatey scent from what I remember, haven't tried that either. Useless, aren't I? :oops:

Edited by red_jezebel

Eclipse is very almondy, as is Black Phoenix. There's also a single note of Sweet Almond.

I agree that Vice will probably be the one you're looking for in a dark chocolate scent.

Thank you.. I'm going to smell like chocolate covered marzipan or marzipan filled chocolate :P

Gluttony isn't a dark chocolate scent. It's got all sorts of other sweet scents, along with just a touch of gingerbread for spice. Bliss would be a chocolate scent, although not a bitter, dark chocolate.

i was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a chocolate orange scent using Bpal oils... i assume toying around with Bliss or Vice for the chocolate part... but there are so many different oranges in the single notes section. Anyone have a recommendation on which Orange note to use? Thnx tons!

I'd imagine that madarin would be a titch sweeter than regular orange, and I believe blood orange would be a bit more sour, less sweet

I think bergamot with chocolate would be yummy. Just a bit of a spicy citrus.

Vice seems more chocolate covered cherry sin to me. But that could be because in our house dark chocolate covered cherries are better than cash. :P

yeah vice end up more choco-cherry-vanilla on me ... ugh yeah i forgot about bergamot also smells wonderfully citrusy too... oh the choices ... i think i will just have to make an really huge order and experiment (insert mad scientist laughter)... lol

for the record, carnal is very orangey. yum. it smells alot like the blood orange i ate with breakfast!

I have no violet based perfumes, and I know the chocolate scent goes well with violet. So, would vice or velvet go better with a lush violet-scented 'bathos' bath?

Depends. Velvet is more classy smelling (IMHO anyway) and not very foody. It's a chocolate scent, but the myrrh and sandalwood notes are equally as present. I haven't smelled Vice but I think it's more foody.

Just a side note, Old Sybaris smelled like Chocolate & Violets to me. Tonka bean often smells more vanilla-y to me, but in Old Sybaris it smelled something like instant cocoa mix (and I mean that in a good way). Mild, soft and powdery chocolate mixed with violet.

BTW, i'm moving this to the Recs section b/c I think it'd fit better there.

Old Sybaris ..........definitely and The Raven, as well as Le Serpent Qui Danse would go lovely. ..........maybe even Ultraviolet. The top note of Ultraviolet is a little bitter, but the drydown is quite lovely.

Vice and Bliss both tend more toward the food side of chocolate - Vice is darker with hints of fruit underneath, Bliss smells to me like melted chocolate drizzled over someone's skin. (At least in the vial - I haven't had a chance to wear it yet.)

Dangit - you're making me want to try that combination, and I'm not even particularly fond of Bathos... :P

Velvet didn't really stay chocolatey on me, it went very sandalwoody, nice but decidedly woody. I haven't tried Vice, but on me Bliss was out and out chocolate, yum!!

Is there a BPAL scent that smells like chocolate and strawberries? I wasn't sure, and I couldn't find anything in the searches that would work. Friend of mine absolutely LOVES these smells, and her birthday's coming up, so I was thinking of perhaps picking her up some BPAL.

I think Vice is chocolate/cherry??? Can't remember exactly and Bliss is more of a chocolate caramel.

hmmmm, this mightn't be the result you're after, but you could try mixing either:

Maenad: sweet strawberry and orange blossom distorted by carnation, black poppy and hibiscus.

or Hollywood Babylon: Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry. ~~ I don't get alot of strawberry from HB though.

or even the single note stawberry...

with Bliss or Vice or even Velvet? It would depend on your friend's taste as they're all variations on a themes. Maybe the single note and bliss would be the best mix? I'm not sure as I haven't smelt those ones, but it does sound good!