Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

King Mandarin

King Mandarin is a refreshing, tart, opulent citrus oil. The scent is uplifting and cheering and creates a strong sense of well-being. It is a relaxing fragrance that promotes sensuality through delight.

Oh poo, there's nothing in the imp. http://www.bpal.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_sad.gif There's just a bit to swipe on my wrist, and it does smell exactly like a mandarin orange, right down to the pith. Quite refreshing, I wish I had more.

In the bottle - Wowzer, citrusy and bright and juicy, with just a hint of pith

Wet on me - A softer, more sherbet-y citrus although still with underlying pith

Dry on me - Pretty citrus, but faint

Overall - I love it wet, but it just disappears on my skin

WOW! i am not usually a fan of citrus scents but king mandarin is really something else. it is SO bright and fresh and cheery that it seriously makes me happy to sniff, and it is such an intense orange- i feel like i can smell the WHOLE orange, the skin and the pith and the juicy flesh.

as it dries on my skin, though, it starts to smell a teeny bit powdery. :cry2: the amazing, fresh tartness i get at first just does not last. could be a good choice for a room scent, though.

on my skin it's a candy-like orange, very sweet

citrus isn't really good on me, so I'm not going to leave it on, but it doesn't go instant "cleaner" which is good :)

King Mandarin smells just like rubbing the peel of a satsuma or other sweet orange all over my skin. I actually used to do this before discovering BPAL, so I keep expecting it to be sticky! It also makes me salivate a bit because I really enjoy eating satsumas. It's a really cheerful scent that bolsters my mood. It doesn't last too long, maybe an hour or two before fading. Since citrus notes generally get fainter with age, I'm okay with applying and reapplying this fairly liberally to get full enjoyment out of the bottle.

Decant: tart and citrus
Wet on Me: more tart citrus. Not getting an 'orange' vibe on this
Drying Down: tart, citrus and bitter. Almost smelling what the peel/pith would taste like
Dry: this is dark tart citrus with the ghosts of a pale 'orange' note. Interesting single note.

I got this in 2013 and either the oil leaked or it just evaporated and thickened up to a stick consistency. This will teach me to wait so long before testing!

Oh, wow! Exactly like peeling an orange. It's fresh and juicy, and there's a hint of bitterness that comes from the pith when you're peeling it. My skin does try to devour this, unfortunately, so it stays very close to the skin and ends up very, very faint, but I love it so much. I'll likely use the rest of my decant in a diffuser/oil burner to keep it around longer.