Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, mandarin, black pepper, frankincense, red sandalwood, and carnation.

I got a sniffie of this free ... not something I would have ordered as I would have been scared of it! :lol:

The first blast is almost pure black pepper but as it dries I keep getting wafts of pumpkin. This isn't your super sweet pie type pumpkin, this is savoury, this is moroccan-spiced pumpkin. I don't exactly get the mandarin but I get a sort of dried citrus peel smell if I sniff really hard. No sandalwood as far as I can tell, but maybe it's submerged under all that pepper, which still stays dominant. I don;t recognise any carnation either - but other people have said they find carnation spicy, and this is certainly spicy so it might just be nose fail on my part. I'm really glad I got to try this one.

Hit of black pepper on wet, but it dissipates into pumpkin, frankincense and carnation. This is a resinous, slighly spicy pumpkin. Can definitely smell the carnation, and its the same spicy note as the recent Spanish Carnation SN.

So yeah, carnations and pumpkins having spicy floral babies together.

When wet this reminds me of wet dog. Like, your dog that needs a bath that you thought to take to the river and now is wet and muddy.

That only last for a minute or two and it turns into a really nice spicy, warm, orange peel-pumpkin blend. If it went straight to the dry stage I'd likely get a bottle, but I've decided that I have too many perfumes to get anything that i will hesitate to use, and I think the wet stage would make me hesitate.

I'll be keeping my decant though.

As with the other pumpkin blends this year, the spice seems to take over, and they all smell pretty much the same on me. Lot's of spice here with a touch of pumpkin and frankincense, but mostly spice. Nice for this time of year, but I have a couple of blends similar to this, and don't need any more.

Imp: Black pepper plus the spicy cinnamony pumpkin I've come to know from this year's Pumpkins.

Wet: I actually think the black pepper might balance the super-cinnamony pumpkin. I get a faint hint of citrus.

Dry: The sweet, spicy pumpkin pie is kept in check by the black pepper but I don't get any of the other notes. Overall, this isn't anything special to me.

Pumpkin III is my favorite of this year's pumpkin blends, though none of them are really keepers for me (they're all too spicy on my skin). This one is like cinnamon potpourri with sharp black pepper and hints of spicy carnation. There are just a lot of black pepper and carnation blends that I like more (mainly aged Clemence <3).

Pumpkin III smells very pumpkiny to my nose and it has a subtle spicy warmness. It's not terribly spicy - i can feel the carnation and the faintest mandarin twang. Alas, it behaves nicely on my skin.

I wish I could smell some of the interesting things people are noticing in this. I guess that it means they blend really well together. It mostly smells like a spicy pumpkin soup to me. Warm, comforting, and cozy. Perhaps a pumpkin curry? I know it sounds weird, why would you want to wear pumpkin soup, but it's like a spicy pumpkin, rather than a sugary, cinnamon pumpkin.

Mm. I received a partial of this for free and am very excited I did. It isn't something I would have sought out myself but I do enjoy it. Like many have said it's a spicy, savory pumpkin- an initial kick of black pepper which mellows into a true, non-buttery pumpkin scent, like pumpkin pie filling with allspice, warm and comforting. It's simple and reminds me of pumpkin spice everything plus pumpkin. Would be lovely to layer with other scents for a little extra fall.

Imp: yuuuuuum this reminds me of my favorite Friday the 13th scent (Feb '09). rich spicy almost foodie.

Initial Skin: mmm keeps it up. Please continue pumpkin III, so I can hunt you down instead of Feb '09, because you might be easier to get.

Drydown: I really love this scent. Everything is playing well together. It's spicy, warm, smooth yet peppery, sultry but foodie. I just love it.

Verdict; 13 Feb 2009's cousin. Yum yum.