Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
antimony

Whitechapel

A gentlemen's blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron.

In the imp, I'm immediately hit with the lime and white musk. Citrusy, but not full-on Lemon Pledge. Definitely has a refined character to it. As it wears, the musk morphs subtly and the lilac starts to come out. I'm still into the clean citrus/musk combo, but there's something subtly off about it at this stage. I think it might be the lilac, which is normally a note I love, but there's something strange about it's playing with the other notes. It's not a gross combination or anything, but just something a little dissonant (which seems to line up with the scent description). This reads as gender-neutral to me, but I can see it leaning a little traditionally masculine depending on your own tastes. Similar to both Villain and the Lime and White Musk duet. Since I have a full bottle of the latter, I can skip a full bottle of this, but will keep the imp around for warm weather.

Edited by puellacaerulea

I decided tonight to randomly test this blindly from my frimp stash.  Sniffing the vial, it smelled clean and fresh so I just went for full skin test.  I immediately noticed the white musk and juicy lime - yum.  But as it dried a pretty floral note came out and became the star player.  I proceeded to wash it off immediately because something about that flower note disturbed me, but I couldn't identify what it was.  And then I came to the forum and found it was lilac.  I have an aversion to lilacs from childhood, so no surprise there.  Very pretty but very lilac.  Not for me. 

Edited by rawgirl75

I love lilacs, but usually lilac in perfume is far too sharp for me. This is a pleasant exception! I think the lilac is perfectly balanced by the lime and citron. The white musk rounds everything out. A very nice lilac blend!

Starts off smelling like bright citrus with a very slight musky background. It's sweet, but not overly sweet. I really like it.
Drydown: While the citrus notes are still there, I can now pick up the lilac. Sadly, the lilac is a bit soap on me. After an hour, it smells like lilac soap. I'm so sad, because it was so nice before. 

First Sniff: Lemon drops candy.

Initial Wet Application: Fresh and bright, but I know it’s so light that it’s going to fade. 

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): Before this even finished the dry down, about 5 minutes in, this was already faint and barely there. 

My Reaction: Unfortunately, this faded into nothingness within 15 minutes which was disappointing. I even reapplied this and the same thing happened; it faded away. Perhaps aging this would help? The lemon drop candy was pleasant, although lemon’s not really my thing. Still, I had hoped Whitechapel would’ve had a darker side to it. 

Rating: 1