Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
BoneBone24

Art Supplies

Specifically: graphite, pencil shavings, charcoal, chalk, newsprint paper, oil paint, that grease you use on a printmaking press, kneaded erasers, lithograph stones

Does anyone know of any BPALs that smell like these things? I'm feeling nostalgic for my years in art school and would love to find a scent that captures those memories!

India Ink reportedly smells like...ink. I haven't received my bottle yet so I can't give you my opinion on it. (It's pretty hard to get a hold of though :huh?: .)

Three Gorgons took me back to art school, it smells like fresh pencils and mandarins. (Unfortunately this got discontinued with the Salons last month.)

I'm looking forward to some (hopefully GC) art supplies perfume recommendations too.

*edit* zpelling

Edited by Monday

"U" a retail scent smells like paper, leather and binding glue (not the awful smelling stuff.)

The discontinued Pluto smells like linseed oil.

Rumplestiltzchen reminded me of charcol and bonfire, but that might be just me.

The cedar in Tombstone reminds me of pencils a little bit. The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa smells a little like rubber (though I thought gloves and balloons; not sure what kneaded rubber erasers smell like).

Entangled from this years Lupers smelled like pencil shavings to me. For me it stayed like that on my skin as well, though some people get more gigner once it is on.

ETA: Maybe Manus Dei (Weeds, dirt, red clay, scattered groceries, inked fabric ribbon, machine oil, and cast steel.) from the Who Killed Amanda Palmer exclusives? I have not personally tried it, but if you can find an imp you might like it.

Edited by Xanon

Replying to myself in case anyone else is on the lookout for such scents - - Dwarf is quite reminiscent of the lithography stone grinding process! Printmakers take note :)

(and a belated thanks for the replies this got :blush: over a year ago!)

There are a few off the top of my head that remind me of art supplies.

Well for Charcoal Smokestack is great. Creosote, coal, and industrial waste.

For Oil Paint I find Wanda smells strongly of it to me.

There's also the Orgy from last year's Pickman Gallery: A dissolute fougere with wet honey musk, distilled spirits, rose water, white lead powder, Venetian ceruse, and Spanish leather beauty marks stained with port wine. Definitely smells of lead paint to me.

There are a few off the top of my head that remind me of art supplies.

Well for Charcoal Smokestack is great. Creosote, coal, and industrial waste.

For Oil Paint I find Wanda smells strongly of it to me.

There's also the Orgy from last year's Pickman Gallery: A dissolute fougere with wet honey musk, distilled spirits, rose water, white lead powder, Venetian ceruse, and Spanish leather beauty marks stained with port wine. Definitely smells of lead paint to me.

I've finally tried Smokestack and OMGYes! Charcoal and pencil and rubber cement and lithography stones! <3

Sign in to follow this