Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jasmine, juniper berry and rose geranium.

Ligeia - As usual with BPAL jasmine blends, the only note I can distinguish is jasmine. It overwhelms the entire rest of the scent, and the longer I wear it, the stronger the jasmine gets. So unfortunately, I can't give this one much of an objective review except to say that it lasts several hours.

Edited by edenssixthday

Oh, this is a bright green woody berry with a dash of geranium and jasmine in the bottle. Wet on my skin, there's a flare of floral that I call the geranium as it is entirely different than any jasmine has ever been followed by a soft green smoothness. Oh, this isn't foody at all but it's absolutely delicious. As this dries there's something tangy and the jasmine gives this a mildly spicy tone. The geranium is a clear white floral with just enough throw to make this a floral one as opposed to the green waxy berry smell that it first had. Oh, and then it changes all over again!!! Now it's tangy sweet like a candy but not... the juniper berries are shifting from green to red... somehow they're purple right now. Lovely!!! This keep shifting perceptional colors: bright holly green in the imp and then deep forest green then on to a clear crystal blue and now a deep velvet purple with a shifting haze of maroon and mahogany blending into a sunshine bright amber... oh, this is just... oh. I don't have words. This is PERFECT.

What a shame this is a discontinued scent. I must have more of this!!!

Up front, I'll say that I don't like florals. I like the smell of flowers, but have no desire whatsoever to smell *like* a flower. And I've learned to fear the lab's jasmine, because it always turns to soap on me.

This was the first floral that I've opened the imp of and thought "Wow!" It was pure fresh living jasmine flowers, just green enough to smell real. Despite the fact that it was really feminine, which is normally NOT my thing, I could have rolled in the stuff.

Freshly on it was the same. But then dry down set in, and - yup, here comes the soap. I ended up smelling like a bar of very expensive jasmine soap.

I'm going to try it in a locket or something, otherwise swapsies, I'm afraid. Am sad about this one.

Damned jasmine and rose. They really do not play well on me. The juniper berry is pretty much drowned out and I'm left with warring florals. The jasmine is slightly winning. I may give this one another shot.

imp: jasmine, but well balanced with other things

wet: UNGH!!! Jasmine! Sour!

dry: Hubby says bad old lady patchouli. I think it smells like rotten jasmine and sweat socks.

OH ALAS!!!!! That's OK. I'll trade it for something else.

In the Bottle: The green of the juniper blended with jasmine and then the pepperiness of the rose geranium.

Initial Wet: Jasmine, rose geranium, and juniper berry, in that order. It's a rather pleasant floral scent, reminiscent of some perfume I had when I was younger.

Initial Dry: Whoa... the throw has become something powerful and overwhelming. The Jasmine is still there, but the sweet of it is competing with the rose geranium as it goes green-sour. The juniper berry is a nice background note and maybe it can pull the other two together.

Drier Dry: The throw has calmed down a bit to a jasmine touched by greens. On closer sniff though, it smells like old sweat trying to be covered up by an alcohol-based jasmine perfume.

This would have been nice if the rose geranium had played nice with my chemistry. The jasmine and juniper berry I got, I liked a lot, but the rose geranium was pushy, nosed its way in there, and then turned sour.

Whoo is this jasmine. Like it starts to burn my eyes jasmine to the point where I cannot do a proper review. :P If you like the jaz, tho - this could be a winner.

Bottle: Strong, sweet and a little bit green. I can detect the jasmine.

Wet: Very floral and still quite sharp. The jasmine has taken a back seat to the rose geranium and juniper berry. The juniper berry is very intense and slightly sour.

Dry: The jasmine comes through, the scent softens and becomes a little sweeter. It's quite lovely but not a scent I see myself wearing often. It's still mostly rose geranium and juniper berry on me, I was hoping for more jasmine.

Jasmine, jasmine, and more jasmine. Very strong. This may as well be a jasmine single note on me. It seems like the juniper berry is trying to come out because this smells like it's slightly sweeter than jasmine usually is, but I would never be able to identify it as juniper berry. Just some source of a slight sweetness.

I've had this oil on for 30 minutes now and it hasn't changed at all.

This story is a favorite of mine, but the ingredients rather worry me. In the bottle: Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine! Did I mention the jasmine? Wet: and it's jasmine, with a little geranium and the merest hint of juniper. Also jasmine! Dry: This calms down a bit, but really, it's all about the jasmine.

In the bottle: Fresh, green-sharp, floral. I can smell the juniper.

Wet: More floral, headily so - mmm jasmine. The rose geranium is really nice in this, and the juniper is there but not as strongly as in the bottle.

Dry: Juniper getting stronger again - this seems to be a common thing with me, WAH. I like a little juniper, but it's a fine line, and I can't take alot. The rose geranium fades fast on me.

Summary: Juniper + jasmine. It's not bad, but too strong and heady for me. Powerful throw.

Oh lord. This is cat pee jasmine and rose, with a hint of gin.

If it had civet, this would be like my anti-blend.

It's still pretty bad.

Oh lord. This is cat pee jasmine and rose, with a hint of gin.

If it had civet, this would be like my anti-blend.

It's still pretty bad.

:lol:

i recently acquired another bottle of this (it was a package deal along with the one i *really* wanted) so i re-sniffed it. and egads if z_z didn't totally nail it. 'cept if you took out the geranium and added both almond and civet... *then* it would be my own personal anti-blend. but even as it is, i couldn't close the bottle fast enough. actually put this on my skin? i don't theeeenk so.

Raspy floral with nail polish remover. The juniper does eventually fade, but the jasmine lingers and makes faces at passers-by, throwing rocks at drivers. Trade bag.

I have to emergency review this because the imp of this i have just broke. This perfume is much more delicate than i would have guessed with the rose geranium. It is very well blended. I can't detect any of the individual notes. When i picked up the vial i got a strong impression of a booze note, either light wine or champagne. I was absolutely confident that was going to be listed in the notes. My mom smelled lilacs. On my hands i can detect the rose geranium. While it does overpower the other two notes, it's almost as if they are keeping the geranium in check. It's almost berry-like to me overall. Can't really speculate as to the throw as it's all i can smell at the moment, but hopefully i'll be able to salvage enough for a better test