Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
astarinel

Cleric v2

I couldn't find a topic for this one, so here I go!

This is a primarily soft incense/resin scent. I generally don't like these types of scents, but I wanted to try Cleric because I enjoy playing them so much.

On my skin, this is warmer and sweeter than a lot of other strongly incense blends I've tried, like Penitence or Cathedral, and doesn't have either a dark or powdery edge that I get with most incense scents. It's also has a bit of a citrussy feel, something like neroli or bergamot. It smells like there's some sort of white floral on top, something like ylang ylang maybe. It wears very close to the skin, but lasts a pretty long time. I could still smell hints of it in the morning after testing it the previous evening.

I think this would layer very interestingly with the other RPG scents and protos that people have been testing.

Edited by astarinel

I find this a very light and well-blended scent. It starts out creamy, musky, maybe a little bit of tonka and a light, fresh tea-like scent (maybe soft green tea or Earl Grey) and slightly tart, soft citrus, which could be bergamot? As it dries, it's like a skin scent, like fresh, musky skin. It does go a little powdery, I think there's white musk in here and now I'm also getting some soft honey. This is lovely. :wub2:

Edited by cfrancesca

Probably one of my most favoritist blends so far. This starts off as an almost candy/floral sweet orange. It is not strong, but has a firm presence. I'm not sure what the floral I'm getting from this, but if it is a white floral (don't think it is) it is not giving me a headache as they usually do. Very soft. As it dries down it turns into what I can at best describe as a more pleasant skin scent than my own :P sort of sweetist and a little nilla-y and a little musky. Very close to the skin. A+.

Edit: Argh. This stayed true for a few days, but today it is a very powdery amber on me. What happened?! Will keep retesting and hope this is just a fluke.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

Wow, this is definitely different from the Cleric proto I tried at NYCC, and for the better. :wub2: That one was all lemon Pine-Sol; this one is a beautiful grapefruit-vanilla musk. It's the perfect juxtaposition of bright (but not bitter) grapefruit and soft vanilla musk that has something of a fluffy, marshmallowy quality to it as well. It's both comforitng and uplifting at once, and I really hope this is closer to what's released as opposed to the NYCC version!

Oh Cleric. You smell clean.

On wet, I definitely got bergamot and ylang ylang. As it dries, I get the white musk and some green tea coming out. I am beginning to think that ylang ylang and I don't get along because there's a certain kind of fakeness in the white clean floral note.

So yes, you smell like soap. Good, clean soap.

Cleric v2, Son of a bitch! I was hoping I'd get a nice resiny incensey-type scent but it's soapy lemon/citrus which I hate! Boo!!! :ack:

~

I can't believe this one isn't getting more love. On me, it's a citrus vanilla-musk, soft and creamy. This will be wonderful in the summer time.

Definitely a simple scent - and the first of the RPG line that I have really, really liked!

My impressions of this blend are of it being a soft, creamy citrus musk, but I also pick up a tea note within it as well.

This also has long staying power on my skin. Even hours after application I can smell it close to my skin.

I love this particular blend and am glad I took a chance on it based on the earlier reviews.

Yup, sweet lemony vanilla musk. If you don't like lemons, don't be afraid of this one! The lemon is soft and sweet in this, not tart, like it often is. This is really nice.

I was hoping for the creamy vanilla and citrus that some reviewers have mentioned, but the citrus here is a bit sharp on me (kinda reminds me of white tea with lemon), with a soapy edge. As it dries down, the scent sweetens up a little and goes slightly powdery on me. Clean, sweet, lemony-citrus scented powder.

Cleric v2, Son of a bitch! I was hoping I'd get a nice resiny incensey-type scent but it's soapy lemon/citrus which I hate! Boo!!! :ack:

:lol: what a classic review.. and pretty much what I think too!

Cleric v2 smells like a glass of ENO. Or like Aspro Clear dissolved in water. There's a strong citrus note which I can't identify as one thing.. it seems to be a mix of lemon and grapefruit and perhaps mandarin - so it just might be pink grapefruit - and that's about it really.. maybe a hint of vanilla and musk. And I do think there's some sort of tea in here. So that's it for me - lemony tea.

It's a nice clean/fresh smell, and if you enjoy these soft/sweet lemon-y scents then more power to you, but it's just not my kinda thing at all. And it's almost completely gone from my skin within 15 minutes! Boo!!! :)

Thanks to Absinthetics for the tester :wub:

Wow. Weird how our noses 'see' things differently than others.

This smells wonderful in the bottle; lightly citrus with a smooth musk and tonka/vanilla bean mix. On, it's definitely bergamot and firmly reminds me of Lush's Olive Branch Shower Gel. The bergamot is lightened here with other citrus notes; perhaps a bit of lemon peel or something of that sort. I get a bit of tea as well. Musky tea with a shot of tonka or vanilla bean. Vanilla musk with some smooth citrus; given a zing with some lemon peel. Nice blend, which I believe I've sent to its forever home.