Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

ÉCLAT
A vivacious blend of green tea, osmanthus, pomelo flower, white musk, and verbena.

Why can you not be bought!?!?!

This smells amazing!!! In the bottle I get light, crisp and fresh green notes, with a nice little bit of sweetness. On my skin, the tea and verbena really take over.. which is really quite nice. This dries down to an irishy floral, that actually does not smell like soap on me (unlike most white flowers). I'm guessing the pomelo flower? Either way it is very nice, and not soapy lol.

My favorite part of this scent is the first hour or so, when bright green tea is the main scent. Mmmm, it smelled amazing!

Perfumy and green in the imp. Very perfumy, with lots of musk, on my skin. Nice, but there is nothing outstanding about the scent to make me want to track more of it down.

Edited by countessmouse

In the imp: I get tons of green tea and a touch of the lemon verbena. Oh! This is just gorgeous! :thud:

Wet On Skin: It's a dead ringer for tea with lemon at this stage, no sugar or cream. Crisp and floral, even though I'm getting only the two notes just mentioned. It seems rather dense, too, for such a light combination of scents. I'm really, really liking this so far.

Dry Down: No flowers, no musk. This scent stays true on my skin. Years ago I had a friend who wore some commercial perfume who's main note was green tea. This is what it smelled like on her, but when I got a bottle, it smelled *nothing* like that on me. Leave it to BPAL to come up with a green tea note that works with my spicy skin chemistry! :wub2:

In All: Low to moderate throw, this is the perfect scent for a warm spring day, out in the sunshine, maybe having a picnic in the grass. I shall treasure my imp forever!

:)

This really is refreshing! For once the verbena doesn't beat the hell out of the other components. The green tea and osmanthus are absolutely beautiful together, making this a be warm and fuzzy but refreshing at the same time. Very bright and clean.

This has the same tea note for me as in Appraisal. It's bright, fuzzy and clean because of the musk and the lemon verbena. It's somewhat sweet and floral and I think it must be the osmanthus.

Not really my type of blend but very pretty.

I wasn't really expecting to like this, and it's just okay on me. Eclat smells like very lemony, fresh, cool tea, with a bit of perfumey floral. I like Embalming Fluid and Shanghai more for lemony green tea smells.

Éclat - Tested it at Dark Delicacies. It's a very bright, green, perfumey scent with a hint of herbal lemon. It's simple and pretty and I would probably wear it if I had some, but it doesn't blow my mind and leave me yearning for more.

In the bottle - Fizzy, bright white florals and musks

Wet on me - Soft, lemony green musk

Dry on me - A gently lemony powdered sugar scent

Overall - Very pretty, but it doesn't quite grab me