Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

shipping confirmation emails

C&S's come from USPS, unless you're international and if so... someone else might have to help you there.

I'm international. Sometimes you get an email from the lab (mine have always come from blackphoenix@ but when I emailed Sara at answers@ with a concern (wonderfully resolved) I got the reply from the grazzt@ address) and said emails usually say the same thing except for my name, so I suspect they are either automated or someone does them automatically :P

However, S.B., if you are international and are not getting a CnS and are worrying about your order - I have had several orders, including the last one I made, which came in last week, come in without any notification (but great joy at the surprise!). Trading Post orders never have international CnS emails (Puddin' explains somewhere in the "Black Phoenix Trading Post" thread how it is only him doing everything in the Trading Post, and if he had to send out international CnS emails as well, it would take half the day).

So, unless orders made at the same time as yours have appeared in the "I Got My Order" thread a month ago and you have still seen neither hide nor hair of your oils, do not worry. This last sad scenario has never happened to me, but it has happened to a few people (PilotKitten's story a couple of weeks ago in the "Come Squee With Us" thread is particularly noteworthy) and if you email the lab (at answers@ address) about it, usually they will be beyond considerate and accommodating.

Edited by indicolite

Well, as it's my first BPAL order, I'm just anxious for it to get here LOL. I have resigned myself to the fact that it might not get here for a while, but it's still hard to avoid fretting.

Thank you very much for the clarifications, though. I'll try not to watch my inbox QUITE so obsessively :P

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had a question about CnS emails that I just didn't find anywhere else. (Mods, feel free to merge, split, migrate or otherwise play with the placement of this question!)

I am awaiting two separate orders from the Lab and one from the Trading Post. Is there any indication on the CnS that would tell me which order it is? I've never ordered from the Trading Post before, so I don't know if the mail-from address is "Black Phoenix Trading Post" as opposed to "Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab."

But in addition...how do people keep track of which order goes with which CnS? Does everyone just assume that the earliest CnS is the earliest pending order? :P Sorry if the answers are apparent or readily available elsewhere!

the email will come from the USPS and it'll say who is shipping, and where it's going. so it'll differentiate between BPAL and BPTP.

if you use CCNow, the order # (by your name) in the CnS email should match the CCNow order number. if you use paypal though, it doesn't correspond. in that case, I generally assume it's the earliest one but they have shipped to folks out of chronological order.

Okay, I placed my paypal order on Friday, but I have no confirmation that BPAL received it. How do I know if they got it or not? Thanks, I don't want to miss my red moon!

Jenny, if you received a confirmation email from Paypal that the money was sent, then BPAL got it. :P

Hi, I'm a total newbie to BPAL. I just placed my first order on july 3rd and I got a confirmation email from CCNow with my order number. Then, today I got an email from USPS saying my order was ready to ship, BUT the order number wasn't the same as the one CCNow gave me. Then, I went to the CCNow website to look up my order, but it says there is no such order. Should I email the lab to see what is going on? Thanks!

I would guess that the order numbers are different as the CCNow one is the order from CCNow to the lab and the USPS number is the number of the order from the lab to the post - they're different numbers because they're different companies. But I'm international, so I'm not sure, sorry!

If you pay directly through pp you don't get a confirmation of shipping, right?

You get a CnS with a Paypal order. :P

You get a CnS with a Paypal order. :P

Thanks! :D This was the first time I ever paid that way so I wasn't sure.

You get a CnS with a Paypal order. :D

I have only ever received 1 CnS since I started ordering BPAL (about 18 months worth) :P

I have only ever received 1 CnS since I started ordering BPAL (about 18 months worth) :P

I've heard of that happening with international orders. I've had tons of orders and have had a CnS for every one through PP.

I've heard of that happening with international orders. I've had tons of orders and have had a CnS for every one through PP.

I wonder if it's because you can print out shipping labels from paypal online for domestic orders but you can't for international orders? Although I don't know if this is the case for the Lab as opposed to just individual people - I just know that if I get paypal payments from US folk, I can then print an online shipping label easy-peasy and paypal e-mails to say the package is being shipped, but I can't print labels for international folks because of the customs forms; I have to take those to the PO, so they go the old-fashioned way, with no online notification. The Lab may have a different setup, though (USPS CnS's are different from the paypal ones).

same here - i order through paypal and, so far, i've had a CNS from the USPS when the lab posts every time!

Wrong topic but.....the click and ship just means someone printed the shipping label, right? That's what I've gathered, but I could be wrong. It doesn't necessarily mean your package is in the mail on its way.

If that's true, the lab always ships out very soon after the click and ship notice has arrived. Generally I get the order 2 or 3 days later.

Right, it just means that the label has been printed. The CnS will generally give the date of when it will ship. The lab often labels late at night and they won't ship until the next day. The CnS that I got about a half hour ago actually said that the package had shipped today. Sorry, I'm tired and I seem to be rambling. I hope that this makes sense. :P

Wrong topic but.....the click and ship just means someone printed the shipping label, right? That's what I've gathered, but I could be wrong. It doesn't necessarily mean your package is in the mail on its way.

If that's true, the lab always ships out very soon after the click and ship notice has arrived. Generally I get the order 2 or 3 days later.

Right, it just means that the label has been printed. The CnS will generally give the date of when it will ship. The lab often labels late at night and they won't ship until the next day. The CnS that I got about a half hour ago actually said that the package had shipped today. Sorry, I'm tired and I seem to be rambling. I hope that this makes sense. :P

It makes sense, absolutely! It's the same thing I always thought.