Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk, crushed tomatoes, mango, and fig.

Fruity, juicy and red. It is a clean, humid smell. Perfect for summerfeed. Happy to have a bottle. :wub2:

Super light throw (surprising when the oil is so dark)and morphs a lot. First applied it is strong fruity ripe slightly sour mango, then morphs first to a fruity perfumey scent, then last becomes fruit/soapy on me. I never got the musk. :( For some reason, it's reminding me of a Caswell Massey soap I've smelled in the past.

Argh..internet connection! Love when I loose my review to the internet black hole!

Wet: MANGO! and juicy crushed red tomatoes. Smells like a passionfruit pomegranate something something from a drugstore bodywash that my friends used to have. It always hit me in the face when I walked in their house..but I liked it.

Drydown: I can smell more red musk here now that the fruits are done bouncing around. I initially wanted a bottle when I 1st tested it..I want one again.

Source: Bottle from the Lab.

In bottle: Zingy-sweet mango and earthy fig. Oh YUM.

On wet: Still deliciously sweet and earthy, and now I can smell that part of the tang is coming from the crushed tomato note. The tomatoes add a lovely brightness, but if someone smelled this without knowing the notes, I doubt they'd spot them for what they are.

Drydown: Oh yes, there's a dab of that sexiness that red musk does so well! It marries well with the fruits and doesn't overpower them. Wow, I'm really liking this!

Conclusion: I really had no idea what to expect from Ushi, but I'm so glad I was intrigued enough to buy a bottle. This is really luscious and unique, with a confident kind of charm to it. Keeping this one!

This smells mostly like a tomato plant and sweet fruity mangoes, with a little bit of musk. The tomato part of it is kind of leafy and is pretty strong on me. Unusual scent.

Juicy, juicy mango, with acidic crushed tomatoes behind it. As it dries, the red musk comes out strongly and it goes from being mango-tomato to mango-red musk. It's mouthwatering at very stage, a really different blend. The fig stays hidden for me...

On me, this is MANGO with fig in the background. Like, if I wave my wrist under my nose, it's mango, but if I press my nostrils up against my arm and huff, I can find the fig. Delicious.

In the decant: Fruity, red, ripe and juicy. It reminds me of the over-saturated flavour of when you first start chewing a big wad of red Bubblicious gum.

Freshly applied to skin: The mango takes center stage. I'm not well-versed enough on musk to tell if it has any presence here, but right now this is all full-on fruity mango.

Conclusion: I was hoping for a musk and fig-dominant scent with this one, but it's just too overwhelmingly sweet to wear as a perfume. I would probably quite enjoy it as a mood-brightening room spray or diffuser scent.

In the decant: Mango. Maybe a tiny bit of musk, but mostly this is a fruity scent.

On skin, wet: Mango, and definitely just a touch of musk.

On skin, dry: Still pretty much exactly the same as the wet scent. No tomatoes, no fig, just slightly-musky fruit.

After an hour: Wow, this one did not morph at ALL. It's pleasant, but nothing special and not worth hunting down a bottle.