Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Darjeeling tea, lemon verbena, star anise, and honeycomb.

Lemony tea. Fresh and invigorating. Very pretty, but not distinctly unlike the lemony tea scents I've tried from the GC. I feel like the anise could have made this more of a standout, but I guess my skin chemistry had other ideas because that note is not showing up at all for me.

This is a great, pretty, cheerful scent. I always enjoy scents like this when I test them, but for some reason I never wear them. Not sure why. Edited by filigree_shadow

In Bottle: Lemon verbena dominant. It does genuinely smell like honeyed darjeeling underneath. The anise is very understated. Wet: Still verbena dominant, but the other elements are making a comeback. I’m fascinated by the honeycomb, which is unexpectedly nuanced. I think I’d loike this better with half the verbena, but it is still quite nice. Dry: Still a touch too much verbena, but much better balanced so as to allow the darjeeling to really show off.

Wet a beautiful, fresh tea. It kind of reminds me of Embalming Fluid, but without the citrus. Dry, it morphs kind of dusty, stale tea, not good at this stage. Half an hour later, much better, like honeyed tea, reminiscent of Gennivre and Sybil now, though not as strong as either. I like this, but not enough to go hunting down any more, and I don't like the odd dusty stale tea stage. I'll stick to Embalming Fluid for my fresh lemon tea fix.

I agree about the fresh lemony tea, but the citrus is ruining this scent for me as it shunts the other notes out of the way, screaming OH HAI I'M LEMON VERBENA PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEE. A shame, as the Darjeeling and anise notes (when I can catch them away from the LEMON VERBENA) are beautiful and subtle. Bah, I didn't have this problem with Dorian, and that's a lemony tea too! Boo!

Edited by thatbrownelf

I tried Tea at a Seattle Will Call a while ago, and it was pretty much all lemon verbena on me... my skin seems to seriously amp LV. Well, I recently received a decant of it as a frimp in a sale package so I decided to try it again since it's aged a year...

In the imp, I'm mainly smelling lemon verbena and honey. On my skin the LV isn't as strong as it can sometimes be, but it's still the dominant note. It smells like tea with honey and lemon. I'm not detecting any star anise. It reminds me of L'Occitane - not really a specific scent from there, but the smell of the store. I know they have a lot of products that involve these notes (lemon verbena, tea, honey) so that's probably why. As it dries more, I'm mostly just getting the LV. Totally dry, it is nice and soft and sweet, but I think I would rather stick to the GC lemony tea blends (Dorian, Embalming Fluid).

Edited by sunlitgarden

ITI: Lemon verbena and tea are clearly the top notes in the bottle. It's soothing and refreshing.

Wet: The lemon verbena is stronger on my skin while still wet, but I still get tea to balance out the delicious sourness of the verbena.

Dry: Verbena with hints of star anise, wich give the lemony aspect a sense of something more exotic. After about 30 minutes, the honeycomb starts to emerge. I think this is a great scent to wear if you are feeling stressed out.

Hahaha, I love how he's all like "hehehe, time for a sip." I hope it wasn't too hot, or that shit could get dangerous. Anyway...

In the imp: Verbena and a teensy bit of star anise.

Wet: Pretty much pure verbena.

Dry: Verbena dominant, but I do get some sweet anise. It's nice enough, but I was hoping for more, well, tea.

In the decant: Tea! Little whiffs here and there of honey & lemon (verbena), but just barely.

On skin, wet: More lemon verbena, but still mostly tea.

On skin, dry: Very lemony tea, with just a hint of sweetness.

After an hour: The lemon verbena has died back down and the honey has gotten stronger, but it's still a tea scent above all. I love it. ;_; Finding a bottle... will be a challenge.

I'm fond of tea scents, so when I saw this I knew I had to try it.

It's a nice lemon tea scent. Lemon is the predominant note, but it's a softer lemon than many of the other lemon blends the lab has. I was hoping more more star anise, but don't really get any. Still, a nice summery blend.

Sniff: Lemon and tea

Skin: YUMMY lemon.

Dry:  SUPER sweet lemon candy. It amps up instead of calming down. I also just learned honeycomb amps the same way honey does for me. So it just ramps itself into a frenzy of super sickly sweet lemon candy until it just lemming'd its way off a cliff and leapt into a pool of tea. Settling into a gentle fizzle of bliss, now disintegrating into hot tea. ... I wonder if that would taste good.

Verdict: Lemonhead candies melting in hot tea.