Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden sunlight and sweet fresh air brightening a Heavenly sky on Christmas Day: crisp winter air, shimmering amber, sweet honey, with a touch of pumpkin pie, pine cone, cranberry, and bayberry.

I couldn't remember what was in this at all when I tried it this morning. It struck me as rather aromatherapeutic. It came on with a blast of what I took to be citrus but was probably cranberry, very invigorating, and then that morphed into a prominent evergreen blend, also kind of energizing. Ultimately the late drydown was a warm, sweet spice with just a touch of very soft pine. I'm really glad I got to try this one; I think it captures Scrooge's giddiness rather well.

I wasn't sure Whoop would work on me with those cranberry and bayberry notes, but I was curious about it anyway, and it ended up being a pleasant surprise! :dance:

The crisp air, pine cone (actually, it smells like a pine tree!), and cranberry notes are the main players on my skin. It's bright and Christmas-y and very fitting for its inspiration! After a while, I'm able to pick out a bit of the pumpkin pie note, but there's really just a touch of it. It becomes warmer over time, with the shimmering amber and honey coming out to play, but the crisp winter air, pine cone, and cranberry notes are still pretty prominent, and I get the bayberry now as well, with some light spices.

I was hoping this would be a win, because whoever created this decant is a hero for putting Scrooge McDuck on the label, and I wanted to keep it for that reason alone. :P I really enjoy the scent, but I am going to see how it goes on the boy, too -- he loves Red, so I wouldn't be surprised if he loved this one as well (since they both have cranberry notes).

Edited by doomsday_disco

Plasticky cranberry honeyed amber with a little bit of pine. Not familiar with bayberry so I can't identify it in here. As it fades, the honey gets super strong.

It's okay, can't see myself reaching for this often. Mostly because of the pine note. If it was just the rest of the notes I think I'd enjoy this more.

Ohhhhh from the decant, this smells like blue lollipops and slightly soapy, and I LOVE it. 

On my skin at first, i still get that impression - until it dries down more, then it morphs quite a bit to reveal all the notes listed. 

I'm guessing there's a golden amber in there for the sunlight, that kinda hugs a spicy pumpkin pie with berry-filling. The honey glistens over it as if it's a thick glob of golden loveliness! 

I understand the candle comparison. 

Crisp air, pine, and cranberries, in that order! There is something giddy and energizing about it - I'd agree with the comment above about it being invigorating! Like a winter morning when you're going to Get Up And Do Things, maybe involving picking out a tree, and walking through the billows of pine. And then the cranberries give it a little red berry tartness.

I don't really get pumpkin pie or honey - I like those things, so I wish I did! It'd be nice if it had a touch more sweetness, I think. But maybe it's the age of this bottle. Either way, I'm not mad at it; I like this wintry pine + berries combo!