Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gingiemay

An T-Samhuinn Soap

Crushed East Lothian Pippin apples scattered amongst fallen leaves from dool trees, Arran Whitebeams, and Lochwood oaks.

This smells like a lot of dried leaves tinged with a sweet autumn hint of apples. The apples are crisp. This is like the gorgeous love-child of October and Samhain. I love it! I think as it ages, the apple will get more prominent.

As a soap, it's much like the other Villainess for BPTP soaps, a slick, cleansing lather that doesn't dry my skin, leave a residue and has the barest hint of fragrance after drying. Huge, mega thumbs up!

I really liked this one. Mainly dried leaves scent with a touch of apple. Does leave a hint of fragrance on the skin, which layers well with autumn scents. Very nice!

Yum, yum, yum. This was the surprise hit of my Inquisition box! It's a wonderful dry, natural apple, not over-sweet or fermented, and the woods add a wonderful autumn touch that makes me long for upstate NY, where there's an actual autumn.

Apple, yes, but for me the scent of dirt and wet leaves overwhelms it a bit too much for my taste. Initial scent is very strong and overpowers my tiny bathroom, but if it's like other BPAL/Villainess soaps I've tried, I expect that will dissipate in a few days. Lathers nicely, but a little bit drying for me.

After a very long and tiring day, I decided to treat myself by opening up this bar of soap. It does have a nice scent of apples, with just a hint of leaves and dirt. These aren't very sweet apples, though, but perhaps a bit on the tart side. The soap itself is rather beautiful, a dark olive green with streaks of dark red and metallic gold/bronze sprinkles, so to speak. It didn't lather well in the hard water at the bf's, but I don't expect any soap to. At any rate, I'm glad I ordered this. :)

The apple here doesn't smell really crisp or juicy to me, but its delicately sweet and definitely apple-y. The wood isn't green, but isn't an overly dry wood smell either, more like bark on a tree as its leaves are changing colors. It's mushy apples laying at the bottom of big apple tree in fall, which makes for a very pretty, calm sort of scent. I think I can smell a hint of apple cider somewhere in here as well. The scent is awesome, and I wish that I didn't find the bar soaps to be so drying. I can only use this sparingly as a hand soap.

I really would have liked this and Plastic Jack O'Lantern in perfume oil form.

This was definitely my favorite part of the Trick Inquisition.

gingiemay's description of the scent as being an October/Samhain love-child is dead-on in my opinion. Wood, wet leaves and realistic, crisp apple.

It doesn't much linger, like most of the rest of the soaps, but is very intense and refreshing in the shower. Love it.

This is woooonderful. Mellow apple and burning leaves. Total Autumn in a bar soap. Aesthetically, it's also very pleasing. Deep olive green with reddish brown streaks and a metallic dusting of russet along the top. Very silky lather, good body, and it leaves a hint of scent on the skin afterward. Of all the BPTP/Villainess soaps I've tried, this is second only to Shub. (I have a very unhealthy obsession with love of Shub. It would be hard for anything to displace it as number one.) It wasn't drying on me at all.

This reminds me very much of Tricksy bath oil, but sweeter with the apple; still strong enough to leave a scent trail behind, perfect for layering with other autumnal stuff. Actually come to think of it, it's something like the love child of Tricksy and Samhain. For me that's love. :lovestruck:

This is my first soap by Villainess and my first BPTP soap.

To me, this smells like freshly cut-into apples tempered by the faint smell of outdoors/dry leaves. (sorry still training nose!)

Its like being in the middle of an apple grove in fall with dead leaves and fallen apples.

I was worried that it would be drying, since my skin is very dry and soap almost always dries my skin out...but the only thing I feel is clean. :joy:

Faint scent left behind--which is perfect for layering other scents.

When I came into my room after showering my roommate immediately asked if we could go get apple cider. :lol:

:lovestruck:

Just opened this soap today! It's my first Villainess and/or BPTP soap. Very exciting times!

The first thing I noticed when I opened the bar was a whiff of hot sauce. Up close, the soap is spot-on apples and dried leaves (not the sweetest or crispest apples, but apples for certain). But if I walk by the bathroom, I still get that hot sauce note.

Very interesting! I like hot sauce, so that's OK. My husband did ask if the new soap would burn his tender bits. :twisted: He's safe, though--no burning. Just soapy goodness when you get up close and personal with it.

This stuff is gorgeous. It's definitely wet leaves and dirt, and, for my bathroom, the apples are playing backup singers to that note. It's unusual, because it's not typically what I go for, but it's goooorgous. It scents my bathroom beautifully too. Really fabulous.

An T-Samhuinn Soap - I agree with the reviewers who said this smells like an October/Samhain love-child. With its heavy appleness, it's not something I should have enjoyed, but as with Samhain, I just can't get enough of it. It's mostly crisp apples and lovely woods blended with the most beautiful touch of dry leaves. It's not the type of scent I'd have ever imagined using as a soap, yet I think it's one of my favorite BPAL and/or Villainess soaps ever.

I just got around to opening this last weekend. So, it's terribly past the point of doing anyone any good, as the soap is already down from the Trading Post. But still.

I get a bright, crisp apple smell, with crackling dry leaves and damp earth underneath. I'm actually really loving it for spring! It reminds me a bit of the smell that you get once the snow has all melted out and you have wet, barren earth waiting for seeding. Layered over with a tart apple, which keeps it from being too dark and dirty for me to feel clean using it.

I'll be sad when it's gone, but then I still have the Treat soap left, so it's something to look forward to.

This is mainly a dry spices (definitely cinnamon and allspice in there), woods, and no apple. It's still got a nice lather, after all these years.

Hella cured soap. I mean 9 years later, and its still good.