Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
revinn

Scent Recommendations By Hair Color?

I'm in blonde-brunette limbo! My hair is what the fashion world stupidly refers to as "bronde". In hair color, I'm a Level 6.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this color!

Lol, that actually sounds like my hair! :eek:

Anyway, for some reason I immediately thought of Tristran. But then again, it could be because he is described as brown with more brown in the book. :lol:

Also, Haunted would be pretty, I think. It has that sweet dusty kind of feeling I get from the color "bronde" as well. :smile:

I'm in blonde-brunette limbo! My hair is what the fashion world stupidly refers to as "bronde". In hair color, I'm a Level 6.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this color!

Lol, that actually sounds like my hair! :eek:

Anyway, for some reason I immediately thought of Tristran. But then again, it could be because he is described as brown with more brown in the book. :lol:

Also, Haunted would be pretty, I think. It has that sweet dusty kind of feeling I get from the color "bronde" as well. :smile:

Glad to have a hair twin! :wub:

In actually reading Stardust right now for the first time, so I'll let you know if I agree when I get a little further in. I'm loving it so far.

Maybe not overly foody, but I thought of Zephyr when I envisioned your hair! It has that citrus-vanilla thing going on that can be a little bit foody, and other than that it's just very light and pretty.

Also, the recent 13 from December is a great light foody scent with white chocolate, coconut and pomegranates. :yum: That might fit as well. :smile:

Thanks! Great choices! ;)

Ooooh, this look interesting!

Any thoughts for a dark, dark brunette with coppery-golden highlights in the right light? It's just about to the top of my boobs at the moment and with a bit of a wave.

What about teal? :'D I don't tend to work with fully aquatic blends, but ambergris SN works quite well. My bf calls me his mermaid or his fairy. :lol:

I'd love to try something unexpected and new!

My hair turned silver in my 30s (I'm 40 now), and I favour sweet, woody, musky, foodie, resinous, and spicy scents. I'm mostly an anti-floral type because I get migraines from a lot of them, but there are some darker florals that I can wear without icepick head pain. No violet, ever!

Before I went silver, my hair was sort of auburn/chestnut but I often dyed it black or burgundy. I used to wear Obsession (for women or for men, I loved both) or amber essential oil in my 20s, and in high school I was all about fruity drugstore perfumes and some tea rose scent whose name I can't recall.

Oooh, how about Silver-Haired Bat, then? :)

It has silver hair like you, and it has resins, spice and woods. (I haven't tried it myself, just going on a hunch here)

:smile:

I just dyed my hair fuchsia. It's seriously the color of beets - deep, intense, purpley pink. I'm still pretty new to BPAL so I haven't narrowed down what I like too much, except I know I don't like patchouli, or foody scents, or amber. I've found I like spice and incense and resin (like Plunder or Penitence), as well as some fresh florally things (like Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds or Kumiho). What would go with my beet-hair?

I just dyed my hair fuchsia. It's seriously the color of beets - deep, intense, purpley pink. I'm still pretty new to BPAL so I haven't narrowed down what I like too much, except I know I don't like patchouli, or foody scents, or amber. I've found I like spice and incense and resin (like Plunder or Penitence), as well as some fresh florally things (like Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds or Kumiho). What would go with my beet-hair?

La Befana is a sparkling, sugared floral. Very pretty and fun. It might suit brightly coloured hair like yours (it's not foody, even though it lists candy notes; it's more sugared violets, actually).

Well, that was what came up off the top of my head (and I have a serious weakness for La Befana, so ^_^ ).

Ooooh, this look interesting!

Any thoughts for a dark, dark brunette with coppery-golden highlights in the right light? It's just about to the top of my boobs at the moment and with a bit of a wave.

Vixen!

I'm naturally a dark copper redhead, all autumny, and it's kind of funny to see people putting down redheads as spicy/resins, and then lots of the redheads saying they're all about floral/fruits. Count me up as another one. I love spring meadow and summer orchard kind of scents. Fruits, florals, honeys with a small bit of earthiness.

My mum is also a copperhead, but lighter/softer all over in general. She's a huge foodie, loving vanillas, etc, as well as a huge dark kind of person. Her collection is all food based scents, and then there's Queen Mab and Black Ice thrown in randomly as top loves.

My blonde sister is all soft florals and roses, whereas my brunette sister is all about bright, slightly spunky scents. She likes sparkling fruits and loud candy scents.

This more of a curiosity than anything else :) I wanted to know any suggestions for green hair, since I just dyed my hair a shocking teal green with yellow tips x) (yes it's a bit crazy, I want to have a memorable school picture tomorrow) any suggestions? I'm new to BPAL so I appreciate insights

I wanted to know any suggestions for green hair, since I just dyed my hair a shocking teal green with yellow tips x)

The first thing that came to my mind was Absinthe :smile:

51! Or if you can find it, Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues.

Edit for notes:

51: Green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues: Serpentine green herbs, glistening red currant, sparkling yellow lemon rind, green musk, lime, and snakeskin.

Edited by Andyl

What about teal? :'D I don't tend to work with fully aquatic blends, but ambergris SN works quite well. My bf calls me his mermaid or his fairy. :lol:

I'd love to try something unexpected and new!

My hair is black and teal! Scents that feel "teal" to me of at least forest green- hello fellow teal person :-)

You could try lyonesse, yemaya, voodoo, if you want to try your luck with an aquatic there's alcie.

Faiza the black mamba could also work I think

Edited by JasminDreams2010

This more of a curiosity than anything else :) I wanted to know any suggestions for green hair, since I just dyed my hair a shocking teal green with yellow tips x) (yes it's a bit crazy, I want to have a memorable school picture tomorrow) any suggestions? I'm new to BPAL so I appreciate insights

I second absinthe- also twinkle twinkle little bat, and Lavina the creature would also work.