Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkstardust420

Desiccated Frostberry Pie Filling

Commemorating our Black-Ribbon Award Winning Pie Filling, named Best in Show at the Celephaïs County Fair six-hundred years in a row! Plucked from the highest mountaintops of Leng, our desiccated frostberries have been certified organic by the Dreamlands Department for Environmental Concerns, Slaughter Regulation, and Sacrificial Affairs.

Ooh, lovely! It's like Blackberry Jam and Scones, but without the buttery pastry part and with some teeny bit of floral-y complexity underneath.

Let's see.... definitely berries of some kind. Sadly they turn to cough syrup on my skin. Must be some sort of cherry or grape?

Well, on me this is only sickly sweet cough syrup. *sigh*

I definitely got buttery crust and pie filling. It sort of reminded me to Crumpet Rebellion with the buttery pastry thing going on, but it dried alot more to Blackberry Jams & Scones. The berries are very sweet in this, syrupy. If you like sweet pastry blends, give this a whirl. If you haven't been able to get your hands on CR, I'd give this a try as they are very much in the same vein.

Kind of icy, frosty berries at first with a bit of cake note thrown in. I really like it at this stage. Sadly, the ice note fades pretty fast on me, and we're left with mostly slightly minty berries and a touch of cream-filled cake. Still nice, but I'm not wowed. There seems to be a lot of berry/cake blend floating around, though this one is more fruity than the other cake notes out there.

In the imp this smells of super syrupy sweet blackberries! Yum!

On my skin this reminds me a lot of Jester blended with more berry notes. I'm also detecting some light floral notes in here, giving this a perfumey quality (not bad at all just surprising).

I don't get any of the buttery crust notes at all. This is all berries with a squish of something floral.

Very interesting! I think I like this one :)

It took me a little while to work out what this reminded me of, and why I had kind of an adversion to it. To me, it smells like fermented berries - not alcoholic as such, but like... there's a blackberry wine in Australia that's super cheap and nasy, called 'Blackberry Nip'. One of my first bad drinking experiences was when I was a poor undergrad, and Blackberry Nip was all I could afford. On one particular (disasterous) evening, I drank a whole bottle of it. The next day, while terribly hungover, I cleaned up the bottle and the leftover glass. Frostberry Pie smells reminds me of that glass - the stale dregs of the Blackberry Nip after the alcohol had evaporated off.

Having said that, I don't think it's a bad perfume smell or anything - I just think I have some bad associations with a similar scent.

In bottle: Cake smash with fruit

On me: A grown-up candy scents which evolves into layers of fruit heaven

On a longer term: Lasts so long and smells so good that I almost cried.

A cake scent I actually adore and the fruits... Oh my!

Edit: Now on top ten.

On my scale: 3/5

Edited by miaa

My first thought was "My wrist smells like iced sugar dust", it wasn't until I sat down to write this review that I remembered this scent's namesake is Frostberry. It doesn't have a lot of throw, I really have to sniff at my skin but it dries down to a cool, clear sweetness with an edge of powdered sugar...its a very pretty, girly scent. It might be wonderfully delicious on the right guy...

Edited by angelicreprieve

In bottle: I do not know what a frostberry is, but this is very berry sure enough. It’s something like raspberry, but there is something frosty, sugary, and toxic about the blend. It’s suits the concept. It does also just suggest pastry somehow without having a pastry note. Wet: It no longer suggests pastry. The sweetened toxic frosty berry nature is balanced the same, but smoother somehow, with the berry more complex and the edges blurred. I am not sure I like it on me. It's’ a little too sharp, too almost ozone. I can easily imagine more copacetic skin chemistries for the blend’s charms, so YMMV by quite a bit. Dry: Pretty much the same only softer and smoother.

Well...I too do not know what frostberry is, but sadly, I don't get anything foody out of this, and I am a BPAL foody lover. In the bottle, I can smell something sort of berry-ish, but once I put it on, turns to a weird, heavy floral on me!! :sick: Going to have to swap this away!!

P.S....so, reading all the other reviews, I wonder if I just got something different? I get no berries,(barely in the bottle when sniffed), no buttery crust, or sweetness...turned heavy and evil on me. VERY musky and floral...almost couldn't breathe, so confused as to the "no throw" on this. :think:

Edited by Numanoid

This one was not buttery on me at all! It was very berry with a weird ozone note on top. I did not like it at all. I hoped for delicious berry pie but nope. It was just ozone and berries. Maybe the ozone was supposed to be the "frost" but it didn't work on me. :(

Had no throw and stayed on my skin maybe 20 minutes, so at least it didn't last long.