Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dark roasted meat; savoury, like CHKX27 - these two together are like BTOD1 and 2 from the previous trunk show.

Okay, so Goat 17 I don't think is actually like CHKX27.

This is actually like a Mother Shub's Box of Dessert blend from the Yules. I get a ton of chocolate/dark cocoa going on. And there's a light almost lemony blend. This is like if Bliss and Embalming Fluid had a baby. A sort of weird, odd baby.

But for those of you that both love chocolate and odd chocolates, give this a whirl. Foodie chocolate with just a hint of lemon. Sugary, foodie, fresh.

I'm with zankoku_zen - this is a wacky chocolate treat. I'm pretty sure there's some ginger in there as well, as (when wet at least) it smells notably like the batter for a cake I make with ground and fresh ginger. I'm not a big wearer of chocolate but I would like to eat this, which is my way of saying it's good, if it's the kind of thing you're into!

Sniffing the bottle I smell a dark chocolate or  cacao note, once on my skin the chocolate/cacao disappears and it turns into a herbal lemon note. I should add that I seem to be amping this herbal lemon note,  because it seems to dominate a few other scents I have. On someone else the chocolate might still be there, which would make it more interesting.

Herbally, meat-spice-y, lemony- and chocolate at the front. Uhh. Not for me but i'm sure someone will love this!

Obviously bottled in 2010, so considerable bottle-aged by now. I do not (blessedly) get meat. Primarily I get chocolate that vibes as both a creamy milk chocolate and a sprinkle of dark bittersweet shavings. It's modulated with some spice - allspice, or ginger and/or cardamom - plus something that could be a tiny tinge of a dark, animalistic or "smutty" musk.

Sniffed in the bottle there are in fact some lemony-herbal notes (like verbena) that don't translate to my skin. 

This reads like a Box of Bonbons proto, and is actually quite a pleasant chocolate blend. 

Lemon verbena dark chocolate truffle -- creamy, herbaceous, rich, and fresh all at once. Quite nice and might be good for layering with a booze or earth note.