Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Suu4LC

Xmvlzencab Soap

XMVLZENCAB SOAP
The family of bee deities that governed creation in the Mayan lands. Their scent is wild honey, black laurel flower, plumeria, and South American ginger.

The soap: absolutely smooth, sheer, silken lather drenched in sticky, humectant honey.

Eep! I was hoping I wouldn't be the first review, but my bar is almost gone and I want to make this review before I finish it!

First off, I was not a huge fan of the old bpal silk road soaps-they had a luxurious feel to them but the lovely bpal scent never made it over the soap base. I had never tried Villainess before (always wanted to though!) and the Villainess soaps are a huge improvement in that regard-at least this one is. I wish it was a little more strongly scented, but it is definitely within the the range of a good amount of scent.

Scentwise, this is a soft honey/ginger scent to my nose. Not too much floral, but it's there. I would be SO curious to try this in actual perfume form...

Soapwise, this is a smooth, silky soap, with a lovely feel and good lathering. It also has decent lasting power and doesn't disappear too quickly.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this joint venture! I can't wait to try the other bpal/villainess soaps (especially to see what the soaps are like of bpal scents I have sniffed in perfume form) I have and I am excited to see what other ones come out!

Sweet, silken lather with a lightly floral honey.

This is divine! The price point makes it an absolute luxury, but it matches that price with a truly lux experience. The scent I'd say is a slightly sweet, realistic honey, not cloying or sugary. There is a very faint thrum of an airy floral but again, nothing really brash or center stage like rose or lily. If I lather long enough, there's a tiny bite of a slightly dirty, menacing ginger, deep, and just giving it a hint of threat.

Very good. Yes. Must be around forever so I can buy it when I want to be pampered. And so I can't spell it :|

I approve. Really silky, good lather, same wonderful dark spicy honey scent as in the bath oil, and feels great on my skin. Yet another soap to add to the must-buy list.

The lather of this stuff is awesome. It really is the "sheer silken lather" described on the label, very creamy and moisturizing. Like the bath oil, it reminds me highly of Meliai; a soft, sensual honey scent with a whisper of florals.

This is a very silky soap that smells strongly of honey to me. I used it without looking at what notes were in it, and to be honest the only scent my nose could pick out was the honey. Specifically, it smells like BPAL's honey. (I have used other soaps that have a honey scent, but I felt like this one was noticeably the BPAL honey note.) The scent level is pretty much perfect for me -- I can definitely smell it while I'm using the soap, but it's not so loud on my skin that it interferes with my perfume. I feel like I can put on any perfume after using this soap and I won't have to worry about the scents clashing. That's a good thing, in my book.

If you're a big fan of BPAL honey perfumes, definitely give this soap a try. I think you'll really like it.

This soap is very much what it says on the tin, so to speak - mostly thick, heavy honey with a spicy floral undertone. It has a rich, heavy scent, and as a fan of the Lab's honey note, I really enjoy it. It may just be my imagination, but it seems like when I wear a honey perfume after bathing with this soap, the perfume scent gets amplified and richer from the lingering soap scent. Even if I don't apply perfume for a while, I can smell this soap on my skin for a good while.

Along with the Embalming Fluid soap, this was the only one of the five that I can smell on me after bathing.

This soap seems lightly scented to me, but it might just be because I only have a sample slice that someone was kind enough to send me. I get a faint, clean, floral honey and a hint of sharp spice, but mostly it's just a lightly honeyed smelling soap. It reminds me of Villainess's Killer Beez soap, but not quite as sweet. Lots of lather and leaves my skin feeling kinda dry after a shower, and doesn't leave any fragrance on my skin after I rinse off.

I had pretty high expectations with this soap after the others I've tried, and unfortunately, this is the first BPTP soap that I've found disappointing. My bar's texture is kind of chalky and gritty. It does eventually give a nice lather, but there are little gritty bits that don't exfoliate. They just sort of cling and clump on the skin and have to be scrubbed off. The scent is primarily...soap. There's a tiny trace of honey and spice and something a little fruity under that, but you have to work to smell it. It leaves no trace of scent on the skin afterward. It almost leaves no trace of scent in the air even while being lathered on. I don't know what the perfume oil smells like, but if I had to base it on the soap, it would definitely not be a purchase for me.

Xmvlzencab Soap

This soap was very smooth and silky, just as advertised.

I loved the sweet honeyed ginger scent, but was suprised on how faint the scent was - I think I expected a stronger ginger throw.

Lovely soap that felt great on the skin, just not potent in the scent department for me.

This soap is amazing, and despite it being a few years, still has some powerful scent attached to it. Honey, a dab of plumeria and another white floral.

Lovely.