Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

How do you apply your BPAL oils?

this is quite the dumb question

but here's a little history for the non-busties (or the not-at-the-time-i-rambled-about-this-busties):

snake oil loves me

i love snake oil

BUT

a very little snake oil goes a loooooooong way on me

and i'm talking literally one drop is on the borderline between enough/too much

i thought about using a carrier oil to dilute it, but decided that's more effort than it's worth

so anyways, i have a 10 ml bottle of it, coz i do love it. but, since i have to be careful to get not alot on me, i haven't figured out how to apply it. for awhile, i was taking the wand from my sample, but my sister has my sample these days so that's not even an option...

ive been thinking about getting one of those bottles with droppers, but i'm not sure if i should (i'm moving in 2.5 months, and probably moving 3 months after that - the first out of my apartment here and into my parents' or summer employment, the second from my parents/summer employment to my new school, where i'll happily live for the next 2-6 years) - if they can't keep the top on that well, that'd majorly suck.

I use a Q-Tip (cotton swab) for my Spooky bottle when I'm trying not to slather it on too much - I just dip the very end in and brush it over the spots I want. I'm not sure how well it would work for what you're looking for, but it's a thought.

Was just planning to post about this!! :P

I take the closed bottle turn it around and back, open it and take a little with my finger from the inside of the lit. Very easy and no risk of spilling, also you don´t touch the oil directly.

My goodness, I must real pile on my scent. I have a couple long plastic droppers that I got from the oil retailer I used prior to BPAL (you can also use the droppers like you get from the Vet for your animals). I put a drop on each wrist, elbow, neck, and behind knees. I tend to be cold all of the time, so I find putting the scent on places like behind the knees and inner thighs heats up and releases more fragrance.

Elizabeth used to put stopper tops on her bottles so that you could shake out a drop or two at a time. She doesn't do it anymore because some of the oils, especially Snake Oil, are so thick that it takes a fair amount of shaking to get them out, but I liked them and have found that she'll still do that by request if you ask when you place your order.

Elizabeth used to put stopper tops on her bottles so that you could shake out a drop or two at a time.  ... have found that she'll still do that by request if you ask when you place your order.

That is really useful to know, thanks, Koumori :D

Btw, your avatar is lovely. My fiancé loves hedgehogs - my first gift to him when we were first going out was a small fluffy hedgehog, unfortunately I found out later that every other gf had done similar before :P

Quinkel, that is a good idea, I am trying to save my gorgeous Rose Red and this is a good way of being frugal :D

I'm glad somebody asked this. I was tipping and applying, and that worked for some scents. It was way too much for others and I ended up scenting the house (in a good way!).

What about a swizzle stick? I haven't tried it, but I'd think it'd work just as well as the dip stick in the imp ears. And it'd be easy to swipe one from a coffee shop!

Btw, your avatar is lovely. My fiancé loves hedgehogs - my first gift to him when we were first going out was a small fluffy hedgehog, unfortunately I found out later that every other gf had done similar before  :P 

Thanks - that's our pet hog, Pashmina. And obviously the small fluffy hedgehog was the perfect gift from *you*! :D

incidentally, with the new reducers/lids, this probably won't be as much of a problem :P

Possibly stupidest question posted here in awhile but here goes ...

The imps ears come with the little tester tops, so that hasn't been a problem. But my 5 ML bottles don't, and I don't want to accidentally pour it out all over theplace, nor do I want to use something that might ruin the perfume itself to dip in to apply ... so what do you folks use to actually apply the perfume?

[merged duplicate topic ~qs]

Edited by quantum spice

The most effective way and the neatest to apply perfume oil (that I've found) is from an applicator with a roller ball top. My all time fave until I've found this site was Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess. It's packaged in a 1/3 ounce glass bottle with a roller top. It's goes on so well this way and is very neat for travel.

Here's some

and here

Has anyone tried this???

I think I might when I order some of the larger size bottles of Beth's divine creations.

The most effective way and the neatest to apply perfume oil (that I've found) is from an applicator with a roller ball top.    It's goes on so well this way and is very neat for travel.

Has anyone tried this???

Yep. :P

I use 1/5 oz. bottles , though. They fit into the side zipper pocket of my purse a little better that way.

I once took some Imps that I really liked, added apricot kernel oil so they'd go a little further while I ordered large bottles, and put in the roll-ons. Something about the apricot kernel oil was too heavy for them, and they don't "roll" well at all.

I say it was the apricot kernel oil as a culprit, because I've put BPALs straight into the roll-ons time and again, with great results.

Really easy, just like Andrabell said.

The most effective way and the neatest to apply perfume oil (that I've found) is from an applicator with a roller ball top.

Thank you. I hadn't thought of that and they sound perfect for me.

I've even found a supplier in the UK:

http://12121.hostinguk.com/Bottles.htm

and another:

http://www.newseasons.co.uk/acatalog/index...tml&CatalogBody

That'll keep me out of mischief for a while :P

Edited by allamanda

I use 1/5 oz. bottles , though.

Where did you find 1/5 ox roll ons?

All I've been able to find are the 1/3's. :\

I use 1/5 oz. bottles , though.

Where did you find 1/5 ox roll ons?

All I've been able to find are the 1/3's. :\

Couldn't find them; she may be out of stock, but these are 1/8 oz (aka 5 ml); I've been really pleased with these, too. I take an address label, print two or three scent names to a label, cut them out, and stick a patch of packing tape over them to be sure they stay on in my purse.

Ships fast, too ... and you can buy from her ebay store in smaller quantities.

how does everyone transfer their bpal oils to the roll-on bottles?

The place where I bought mine, also sold pipettes. That's what I used. I think sometimes you can get syringes as well.

thank for the ideas everyone! i just ordered a bunch and now i can take my 'morella' with me wherever i go! very exciting!

maybe beth could offer travel versions of the oils in the roll-on bottles further on down the road so we can eliminate having to order this stuff ourselves! :P

Revised post: this was a sort of rant against Nature's Gift, from whom I'd ordered roller ball bottles which I thought were defective.

I got a prompt answer today to the email I sent them about it, and someone there explained their technique for assembling their roller ball bottles, which involves pliers ...

they are a BIOTCH to put together, but I doubt they'll ever in my life leak!

I was terrified I'd spill the Precious, but so far so good, three bottles decanted into roller ball bottles.

So all's well that ends well.

Order from them if you're dextrous; meanwhile, I sent off for some from the e-bay person posted in a thread above - we'll see if they're any easier to put together.

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

I use a Q-Tip (cotton swab) for my Spooky bottle when I'm trying not to slather it on too much - I just dip the very end in and brush it over the spots I want.  I'm not sure how well it would work for what you're looking for, but it's a thought.

I do the SAME thing!

Q'tips ROCK.

And... I've transfered some of my oils to little perfume vials with wand tops, too. Some are in those little glass globe bottles, too.

-Leslie

What I'd really like is to fit my 5ml bottles (not received yet) with little tester/applicator wands, the ones that fit inside the cap...It's like the ones for essential oil testers at the store. I don't find that reducers work for me. I have reducers for other essential oils and you have to shake it really hard sometimes and then a whole bunch comes out etc etc.

Anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?

My goodness, I must real pile on my scent.  I have a couple long plastic droppers that I got from the oil retailer I used prior to BPAL (you can also use the droppers like you get from the Vet for your animals).  I put a drop on each wrist, elbow, neck, and behind knees. I tend to be cold all of the time, so I find putting the scent on places like behind the knees and inner thighs heats up and releases more fragrance.

LOL! I wear a lot too! I apply them all up my arm, behind my ears, back of my neck, behind my knees, my ankles (scent travels upwards so if you start down low it lasts all day long!) between my breasts and sometimes, depending on the oil...my third eye. :P

Edited by arachne

I actually use a bobby pin (unused) to put on oil from my (one) big bottle. Since the only bottle I have is Sin, and a little goes a long way, I unbend the bobby pin (so it's more-or-less straight), dip the end into the perfume, and dot strategically. It's actually quite handy, as there isn't anything that can fall off the bobby pin into the oil, and I can control where it goes and how much I put on more easily.

Here's the problem with Q-Tips: the cotton actually absorbs some of the oil, and to me, that's sort of wasting it (yeah, I know it's just a teeny bit, but I want all of that precious oil for ME, not soaked into the cotton!). I like the bobby pin idea, but since it's metallic, I don't want to risk the metal reacting in some funky way with the oil.

So....I use cheap little plastic swizzle sticks (which someone already mentioned). Dip it in, use it to swipe the oil, toss.

Velvet