Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

B.B2

Deep reddish-brown/cola coloured oil. Red musk and spice (possibly carnation?), plumeria and a hint of coconut. Reminds me a lot of B.B3 and Shango, but this has less coconut than those and more spice. This also reminds me a lot of Snake Oil and the Snake Pit scents. More vanilla here, and those SO resins. Should be a popular one, but not my thing at all.

To me this wasn't just red musk, there was also some black musk and I swear this might also have some vetiver that explains the murky black vibe its got going on. A hint of coconut appears on the drydown.

So. not. for. me.

The individual flavours of this one are difficult to pinpoint as it's very well blended. I agree with fairnymph on the red musk and vanilla, and probably wouldn't have picked carnation had she not said it first.. but yes, it could well be carnation here. If not.. then maybe chrysanthemum.

B.B2 does have a Snake Oil vibe (vanilla, resins, musks, similar colour oil), and also it slightly reminds me of Chrysanthemum Moon. The red musk here is really quite nice - it's not too strong, nor sweet, and it hasn't gone powdery on my skin, but it's definitely the dominant note. I never got any coconut at all, nor any of the black musk or vetiver that ZZ mentioned.

Overall, a nice musky blend with a tinge of resin and vanilla.

Wow, I am not getting ANYTHING but red musk here. It's pretty much dominating the blend. I can't find any other notes. This is smack-you-in-the-face red musk on me.

Much later in the drydown a vanilla-like suggestion appears, but WOWZA, it takes awhile to come out.

This is mostly red musk, but I also detect a floral in here. It has a touch of a damp, heady quality lurking around in the red musk.

Second test: def lurking damp floral in with loads of red musk. I don't get coconut. I much prefer B.B3.

Heavy black or red musk, patchouli, and something that smells like rain-wet woods. It goes pretty woody, but with the fruity red musk layered on top.

This is a warm, heavy, musky, dark scent on me. I can agree with the red musk that other reviewers have mentioned, but this is a bit sharper and darker than red musk usually is on my skin. The drydown is like damp, bitter woods, red musk, and a spritz of heavy men's cologne that reminds me of black musk. I wish that I got the resins and vanillas, but this is mostly perfumey and heavy on my skin...

Sadly, I'm finding that this heavy, dark scent is just too masculine for my taste. Lots of musk and resins, very little floral buried deep underneath it. I might try this on the BF before deciding to add it to the swap/sale pile.

Terribly disappointed, because this one had been on my wish list for quite a while before I managed to snag a bottle. Meh.