Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

Detestable Putrescence

Melty vanilla ice cream!

A beautiful, rich vanilla. Very buttery, and I get a beautiful touch of almond (but not reading cherry). It's very cozy. This is a really nice 'everyday' kind of vanilla.

Oh, Detestable Putrescence. How I used to adore thee! When I first tried you at Denver Comic Con back in 2015, you were an instant love.

Now, things have changed. I don’t know if it is you or me.

You used to be this wonderful vanilla ice cream on me. Now, when I put you on, I get a lot of almond (which I can’t help but associating with cherry), and you turn to vanilla plastic on me. I am not sure if it is a skin chemistry change or if you are the odd vanilla that does not become more amazing with age (even though you’ve been stored in a wooden box and kept away from heat and light). But you are not the delicious smelling melty vanilla ice cream that you once were on me.

So I have to let you go. Hopefully you can find a new home with someone who will get that wonderful vanilla ice cream from you without a plastic vibe.

Vanilla scented candle - and unfortunately one that I wouldn‘t buy.

My husband smelled it and said „vanilla - but rotting vanilla“ 😅 he didn‘t know the name.

I had such high hopes for this. Perhaps it can be used for layering?

Well. This just shot itself straight onto my favorites shortlist. Cream, vanilla, sugar. A slight, faint tang that could be butter or goats milk, or could simply be what cream does on my skin. It’s really nice. More please!

Review of an aged bottle - bought in 2012, reviewing today.

I love all things vanilla, so back when I had just discovered BPAL, this was one of my first purchases.  My original notes say I adored it, it was perfectly, exactly vanilla ice cream.  (Also that it layered amazingly with Lemon Sticky Bat :) )

Knowing now, that almost all of the Lab vanillas need at least 6 months to a year to age, I came back to this for the first time in 3 or 4 years today (Stored in a dark, climate controlled box ever since I first bought it), and I expected it to be vanilla heaven.  Sadly, it's not.  It's plasticky, and totally fake smelling, like a cheap vanilla candle.  There is a heavy butter note in there that I didn't get at all when it was fresh.  This and Boomslang are the only oils I've found that aren't better with age, so I'm very surprised.  (And Boomslang is because my chemistry just doesn't play nice with SO, sob.)  I think I'm probably going to try to sell this bottle, and buy a new one, so I can have that perfect creamy sweet vanilla it used to be.