Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gardenia

Jingu Bath Oil

Known as Pimoko, the sun-daughter, Jingu was an Empress of Japan who served as regent and de facto ruler between the time of the death of her husband and the ascension of her son, Emperor Ojin. Sure that knowledge of her husband’s death would bring discord to her realm, she managed to keep his passing a secret, and successfully put down numerous insurrections in his name. Although she was pregnant with the future emperor of Japan, she donned armor and rode into battle, leading the conquest of Silla.

Sakura, plum wine, and rice flower.

When smelling this from the bottle, I was not too sure if I would like this.. It's a bit like walking into a perfume store, very heavy and floral.

However, after adding some to the bath it turned out to be quite nice. Each of the three notes listed play very nicely with each other. The sakura (which matches well with the perfume oil) is light and sweet, and mixes with the rice flower to create somewhat of a creamy floral. The plum wine adds a very nice touch, as its tartness cuts through the florals and keeps them from being too overpowering. Definitely nice in the bath, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it is when applied after a shower.

Inside the bottle, mostly floral notes.

On my skin, sakura and plum. Very soft and faint. Very little throw (I use bath oils as perfumes.) Not much of a morpher.

in the bottle: sugary sweet plums and cherry blossoms

after shower: almost all the sweetness has gone away, it's just a very gentle, sweet, feminine cherry blossom scent with a hint of the plum wine.

I used this as an in shower moisturizer this time, and it has just enough throw when used all over to make it pleasant and noticeable, but it's not overpowering.

I love this one!

Since this was the bottle that leaked a wee bit, I got some on my fingers and it was practically love at first sight. Despite my crazy excitement at finally having received my BPAL Warrior Queens order, I was hesitant to try them - because I didn't want to use it up. Isn't that silly? I bought them to USE them and now, I'm afraid to because of their LE status.

Onto the actual review...

Like I said, Jingu's bath oil was practically love at first sight. I say practically because I thought I might have been dreaming and mixing the scent up with something else in my room. It's sweet, floral and I can definitely catch the plum wine and sakura in there. I don't know what rice flower smells like but I think it's the note that blends the two together so well. It's super feminine and definitely smells elegant. It's the type of elegance that sneaks up on you and sticks to you, nails and tooth all the way. It's definitely a Warrior Queen - she takes pride in the fact that she's a woman (not the kind that sleeps around and is all LIBERATING SEX YEAHHHHH! sort of woman). Watch out for her though. Her attacks are very subtle, so much so to the point that you won't even notice she's taken you down because she's enchanted you so. Either you don't notice or you don't care.

I don't care. The bath oil is beautiful and I can't imagine wasting it by pouring it into my bath. Using it like perfume makes it last so much longer.

ARRRRGH. They should totally make these a permanent set.

Edited by SvelteRose

\Jingu bath oil is very similar to Castitas, to my nose, which is probably thanks to the shared rice flower note. It smells very creamy and sweet, with a bit of fruitiness.

If you were to draw me a bath with this oil and asked me to guess which oil you'd used, I would have guessed that this was Castitas. They *are* different if I apply them side by side, but they're still very similar on me.

Bathing with this is like bathing in a bath full of sweet cream and plum juice. It's soft and clean smelling, but still sweet & fruity. The sakura, I think, makes this a bit more clean smelling than Castitas is.

I really like this bath oil. It smells lovely. I usually pour the oils on to my skin & rub them in a few minutes before I get out of the tub, and my boy always comments on how soft my skin feels. ^_^

I is in lurst!

In the bottle it's very sakura+plum WINE to me, but once added to the bath, it mellows into this lovely plummy cherry blossom softened and given an almost creamy edge by the rice flower.

When applied directly to my skin after a shower, it doesn't last very long, but it feels great.

When mixed with a little kosher salt, however, it is a beautimus salt scrub, and it makes the scent last longer after the bath.

It's my first bath oil, and was great when I smelled it and thought, "OMFG I want to BATHE in this! ow wait, I CAN!!"

I received this yesterday and at first couldn't smell anything, probably because it was too close to Boadicea. I let them set seperately and today I could smell this really beautiful scent.

The sakura is a soft floral which blends nicely with the plum wine and rice flower, giving it a creamy, slightly fruity and floral scent that has a light throw.

Like others, I wished this would be a permanent set because this is a lovely scent and I will be very sad when it's gone. :cry2:

Jingu Bath Oil is one of my favorites of the Warrior Queens. I get cherry blossoms + plum (YUM!) and it dries down to a delicate floral (must be the rice flower). Sadly, it doesn't last very long on my skin. :(

This was so faint to me, I wasn't even sure it was there. But, then, silly me, I actually tried it in the bath. Never crossed my mind to use it straight, as perfume, like everyone is saying. Still, it did have a delicate, translucent sweetness. I think I need to seek out more things with a rice flower note....

In the bottle it's fruity-floral, very Asian smelling.

On my skin the floral amps immediately and sharply, then calms down.

Afterward my skin is very gently sweet and fruity smelling, not strongly enough to identify the fruit. There's also a touch of floral, again, very light and unidentifiable. It's almost grassy, though, and so I wonder: what does rice flower smell like again?

OK, plum wine, Sakura, or rice flower must not work on me. Lover's in a Ricefield and Hanami did not work, and I detect similarities here. Very sickly sweet floral, not my cup o tea.

Such a nice, light bath oil. I use them at the end of my showers - for a bit of scent and moisturizer. It goes so nicely with Lush's Seanik and Rub, Rub, Rub. Not overwhelming, just right!

I got a lot of sweet plum and cherry blossom from this. It dries to a softer plum and more of the rice flower, like Castitas, comes out.

Very pretty.

I *ADORE* this bath oil. It is just as gorgeous as I imagined it would be-to me, it's like the sweet bath oil lovechild of Spell of Amorous Love and Hanami. If you are a fan of Beth's Japanese blends (of which I am a huge fan), then I cannot imagine you will not like this one. Sweet, fruity, and floral, which a touch of swoony booziness from the wine...just, phenomenal. I do not think my decant will be enough!