Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This scent is spectral, draped in funeral white, and surges with otherworldly, malevolent rage: stargazer lily, white sandalwood, chrysanthemum, and shincha, with white mint, eucalyptus, licorice bark, and blood orange.

In vial: oh so pretty! Cool and bright, with a citrus note that felt like grapefruit at first, then settled down into freshly sliced orange.

Wet on skin: my friend's bathroom? WTF? She must use something or a combination of somethings with these notes in! Very bright and fresh, with cool undertones of mint and eucalyptus that lift without dominating. No licorice.

Dry on skin: it's a combination of soft, pretty flowers, lovely tea, and cool citrus/mint/eucalyptus - and a sweet smell I can't quite define. I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but I do generally love these light, oriental tea, wood and flowers scents. It gets sweeter and creamier as it dries.

Bottle: Very clean, fresh (lightly floraled) grapefruit, to my nose.

Wet: same, clean fresh floral with a heavy dose of cold citrus and a slightly stormy vibe.

Dry: much faded, less citrus, white clean but sweet foral, slightly creamy. Fades quickly (about 2 hrs until its barely perceptible).

Overall: for my citrusy scents in this general fam, I prefer the creamier cheshire moon, the more resinous et lux fuit, or the fruitier sweet hungry ghost moon. They all last longer on my skin, too. I'll find this one a new home, pretty though it is.

In the vial: Fruity sweet!

Wet: Still very fruity. It's a similar impression that I get from Peitho, so I guess that's the lily. It is deliciously sweet and mouth-watering.

20 minutes: Most of the fruity impression is gone, and it's more or less straight stargazer lily on me.

Three hours: This one died off pretty quickly, which is surprising since I usually have good luck with stargazer lily. It developed a sharp, almost bitter herbal note under a light, wilted-lily kind of impression, with some dry sandalwood.

A light, clean citrusy floral, with a hint of mint on the drydown. It's a little too bright and sweet to really call the genre to mind for me, and it's definitely not my usual type of scent-- really, I only picked up the decant because I love J-horror films and couldn't resist. It's kind of refreshing, but ultimately too flowery for me.

This is a very fresh and clean scent...I'm getting mostly stargazer lily, eucalyptus, and sandalwood. Not my usual type of scent (I go for warm, spicy things), but it is very nice. Will definitely keep the bottle around, though it won't get as much love as some of my other scents.

in the imp: oh blood orange how i heart you...

wet: blood oranges and lily

dry: blood orange, with a stronger white floral and a touch of ecucalyptus.it's fairly balanced. it reminds me of body wash for some reason.

this is pretty. it's nice. it's behaving much better than its psych counterpart. but i'm not really a fan of pretty and nice. i'll use the imp, definitely but i'm not seeing myself wanting to replace much more than another decant of it, if that.

In the imp: It smells white, sort of gauzy white. Lilly and sandlewood hit me first.

Wet: Citrusy and mint

Dry: The flowers mostly. The lilly.

On wet: Holy crap, it's like being punched in the nose by a stargazer lily with teeth! x_x

Drydown: Starts smelling like eucalyptus, maybe licorice, and a hint of bitter citrus. Starts drying out my throat and making me cough. Just when I think I might have to wash it off, it settles down into sweet mint and fresh blood orange.

Wow, this one went from a wet disaster into a dry keeper. I love the way it lingers on my skin.

J-Horror - In the vial, this smells gorgeous -- it's almost entirely blood orange and white mint to my nose, with a hint of high-pitched floral and the dry raspiness of white sandalwood. As soon as it touches my skin, the blood orange really blossoms and it smells positively amazing and delicious. And then.... 30 second later, it's become soap. All soap. Entirely soap. Soapy soap with a bit of a bright citrus edge, but mostly sudsy, soapy soap. Blah. How sad. :( An hour after I apply it, the soapiness is still there, but the citrus edge is gone, and what's left is a creamy licorice scent in its place. It's actually really pretty, although very faint. If that creamy licorice could take over the soap, it would be beautifully wearable. And sure enough, as the soap starts to fade, the creamy licorice note becomes even more evident, and it turns into something really pretty and surprisingly foody. So this is an odd scent for me. I love it once the soapiness fades, but getting to that point isn't the most pleasant experience. Not sure if I'll keep wearing this one or not. Edited by Edens Sixth Day

This is mostly the lily and sandalwood. Wet, I get a hit of the citrus & mint combo, but once it dries down, it's all dry sandalwood and pure stargazer lily. I really like it. Very nice for summer. I was hoping for more blood orange, but as it is, this is a very haunting, ghostly scent. I wonder if the notes besides the lily will come out more with age?

In the bottle -- clean and pretty. I can smell the blood orange and I *love* blood orange. Yummy.

On my wrist -- Zombie Apocalypse is my favourite from this set, but J-Horror is a definite close second. Extremely pretty and feminine with an ethereal weirdness beneath. Very pleased that I decided to try this as it is blended incredibly well and smells amazing. Will be wearing this a lot, especially during summer.

Got of lot of lily and chrysanthemum in the decant, but on my skin, the sandalwood became very strong and set off my allergies. Glad I got to try this, though. The other notes had me very curious. Should have know about the sandalwood, though.

This one is extremely clean and fresh. A light, citrus scent that isn't too sweet. It smells a bit like an air freshener, which isn't a bad thing. Not my type of scent, but definitely pleasant and a must-try if you love citrus.

ITB:I get watermelon for some reason with a bit of lily making it a bit sharply floral under the fruity overtones.

Wet: Still watermelon (think BubbleYum gum here), but I get a bit of mint with the lily.

Dry: Slightly soapy lily, mint, eucalyptus, and just a very faint hint of fruitiness. I wish it had stayed like it was wet, but overall, it's an interesting scent that I'll keep around.

Edited by mymymai

ITB: It's pretty and odd at the same time - blood orange, sandalwood, mint, and something that faintly reminds me of feet.

Wet: Blood orange, mint, and a touch of licorice bark with something else. It smells a bit grainy, just like some of the J-horror movies.

Dry: I remember thinking that whatever I had on was really clean and floral earlier in the day, which struck me as odd ever time because I then remembered what I had applied this morning. Now, it's faint, fruity, with tones of lily and super faint sandalwood. It's gorgeous, honestly.

I don't know how often I would wear this. Seriously, I can only see wearing this in an office job, which I have not done in over ten years.

Smelling this in the bottle, I smell flowers, licorice, and then orange mint. This really is worrying me, since I don't really like licorice.

So, putting it on, it first shines of eucalyptus and mint. This is much nicer. But, the mint mellows to licorice. But, from a distance comes more of the orange. By the time it fades, less than a couple hours, all I smell is lily.

I still am not impressed by the scent, especially the licorice phase. Plus, if it is not rolled enough, the scent is much more bland.