Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
xoe

Strawberry

Well, my my my. Noone has reviewed the single note of strawberry yet?

Well, let me tell you it is GREAT! It is fresh and innocent and sweet, but not too sweet. Also slightly tart. Strangely a little bit heavy at first.

This does not smell like "Strawberry Shortcake".

Doesn't smell like Suave Strawberry Shampoo.

Doesn't smell like Strawberry yogurt.

Doesn't smell like Strawberry jam.

It smells like a giant strawberry just at the peak of ripeness. Like if it went one second more it would be overly ripe. :P

My boyfriend thinks we need a full bottle of this! And that's a rare compliment, believe you me.

kudos on a perfect strawberry note.

Oooh! This smells exactly like a ripe strawberry! If I close my eyes and inhale, I can small the red juicyness, the seeds and the perfect sweetness. Oh how I wish I had more than an imp of this!! (beautiful rose colored oil too)

Strawberry

Sweet strawberry! I think this is sweeter than a fresh strawberry, it's more like the syrupy strawberries my grandmother would serve with cake when I would visit her in the summer. This is a lovely scent; it's very cheerful.

I'm so sad that my imp arrived cracked and leaked all over the others. :P

In bottle: It smells almost like nail polish varnish. Eeew? I haven't done anything to store this wrong, so I hope it's just a nose-acting-funny thing.

On me: Ah, here we go. Like Georgia Peach, this needs some skin to fully ripen into the perfected fruit. It's still a bit syrupy - it is more like strawberry candy than strawberry plants or strawberry fruit. Nonetheless, it's quite lovely.

Bottle (Imp): Creamy strawberry.

Just On: Strawberry ice cream.

An hour or two later: Strawberry popcicles.

Around 6 hours: Strawberries, in sugary syrup, the way I make them for strawberry shortcake.

12 hours: Last little bit of sweetness, not really identifiable as strawberry.

Overall: I love love love this one.

After reading other reviews: I get all the sweetness of sweet fresh strawberries, which of course makes me think of so many other treats.

Strawberry - This smells like Strawberry Shortcake's hair! I am surprised that this note smells so much like artificial strawberry since it is real strawberry oil. In its single note form, it takes on a slight plastic scent that I don't get from it in blends with strawberry. It's a bright, sweet scent and I can't help but immediately recognize this note from Strawberry Moon (of course!). It's lovely, but not something I'd wear on its own, as it's way to artificial-sweet for me.

In Bottle: Sweet Strawberry

On Skin: Right off it smells like Strawberry Chapstick… artificially sweet and slightly waxy. And once again… like other fruity single notes I have smelled… it reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I know I said the same thing about Apricot and Peach. But that only lasts awhile because then it warms up a bit more and smells less fake and more like a fruit compote or candy. Not like a fresh strawberry at all though. It’s a cute scent, yes I said cute, and I’d love it as a room scent or to mix with other blends, but it’s not something I’d wear. Medium throw and average wearlength (about 2 hours).

Edited by slave1

Strawberry singlenote is very sticky sweet on me. It does smell like real strawberries, but with some sugar added. We used to have a half acre strawberry garden when I was little, so I remember picking them and my mother turning them into everything that you can possibly turn a strawberry into (jams and sugary pastes for strawberry shortcake being her favorite). This singlenote smells like sliced up, ripe strawberries that were mixed with sugar. Juicy and sweet.

I don't love fruity scents normally, but I might want a full bottle of this one if I ever got the chance to purchase it :P

This to me is the smell of childhood - it is artificial strawberry - the kind you get in candies, Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Not quite real, but almost real. Sweet, sugary, innocent.

Dude. It really does smell like a Strawberry Shortcake doll.