Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
joseybird

White and "Light" Musk Recommendations

A couple of things I thought of...sometimes the easiest way for me to isolate a note is to find a couple of blends that mention the note in descriptions, and then find the "common thread;" for me, the skin musk in Tamamo-No-Mae and Velvet Nudie was very similar, and easy to identify once I'd smelled it in both blends. I would agree that it is similar to white musk, but "rounder" to my nose. I get white musk as an almost cologne-y sharpness sometimes, but skin musk doesn't have that to me.

For Skin Musk (sorry, these were all LEs; but there are a bunch of Salons with skin musk listed that I haven't tried):

Tamamo-No-Mae

The Illustrated Woman (CD, this one is still available)

Velvet Nudie

Giant Vulva

Other white musk blends that I've enjoyed:

Embalming Fluid

Fae

Zephyr

Kuang Shi

Phobos

Ehecatl

And if you are interested in LEs:

F5

Thoos (this feels like Fae but with mandarin orange instead of peach to me)

The Girl (I know the description says "pale musk" but this is definitely white musk to me)

Breathless Horror from this years Yules (icy white musk and thick olibanum with niaouli, carrot seed, white mint, and camphor) is a terrific light musk on me. It is a great 'clean body' scent. Mostly light musk with a fresh scrubbed skin scent with just a touch of astringent woodiness from the camphor.

Kinda craving some skin musk (honeyed as a plus as Capax Infinity is what has me jonsing.) but having issues with search to find just skin musk and not skin and musk seperately which is about a million.

Kinda craving some skin musk (honeyed as a plus as Capax Infinity is what has me jonsing.) but having issues with search to find just skin musk and not skin and musk seperately which is about a million.

Have you tried RPG Neutral? You could layer it with a favorite honey scent.