Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

I was thinking of BPALing Doctor Who characters so I'll add my contributions...

9: Time Does Not Bring Relief, perhaps? That has leather, and there's 'time' in the name...

10: something with satsumas/tangerines or tea. I keep thinking Schrodinger's Cat because the quantum theme seems to fit, and it has a tangerine note.

11: definitely needs custard, but no fish fingers!

Rose: I keep thinking a combination of The Rose with Wolf Moon (for Bad Wolf)

Jack: I think his scent needs an immortelle/life everlasting note.

Rory: Antony seems to fit. It's got a Roman theme, and Antony was devoted to his lover, just like Rory is devoted to Amy!

Donna: I think her scent needs ginger, and should be loud and spicy...there's also La Bella Donna Mia Mente simply because it has Donna in it but it seems a little too gentle for her?

Martha: something that relates to nursing, healing...maybe Nostrum Remedium?

I'll have to think about Amy and Mickey and River-she needs something that screams 'strong female', but also needs a hint of mystery and mischief...

Cybermen: the most obvious scent would be the Android prototype. Or perhaps Mechanical Phoenix.

The Master: maybe Delirium to represent his madness (maybe a dash of Kingdom of Sweets to represent the jelly babies he loves)

Silurians: Reptoid Dominion, without question!

Sontarans: Great Sword of War because they are such a warlike race.

Daleks: I think Malediction could work because they are pure hate and evil, maybe some Kroenen to represent something malevolent and metallic.

Weeping Angels: Les Anges Dechus or Nephilim (because they are fallen angels of a kind)

Edited by yeahbutnobut

9: The last of the Time Lords. Angry, bitter, and covered in destruction.

Sacrifice: Sweetgrass and tumbleweeds, cedar and white sage, dusty, wet leather, woodsmoke, and blood.

10: A little lighter, but still sharp. Nice suit.

Kelly Pool: Worsted wool, teakwood, and bois du rose.

Donna: Funny, sweet, and often overwhelming.

I Fell In Love with a Floating Brain: Spongy grey and pink cake, with sweet strawberry cream, giddy carnation, and electrical pulses of white grapefruit.

Jack: Manly, but whimsical.

413 U.S. 15 / Miller Vs California: Leather, cognac, fig, ripe berry, and cream, stuffed into a plain brown paper bag.

Martha: Medical professional; no time to smell flowery.

White Rabbit: Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Mickey: Time traveler. Warrior. Punk kid. (ILU!)

The Blockhead: Rusted metal, leather, and a pop of pink bubblegum.

River: Archeologist or cat-burglar, I can never tell...

Clio (Muses): Dry parchment of scrolls, lavender for critical thought and analysis, the solidity of heavy woods, ornery patchouli and glib benzoin, and superstar-splashed orange and amber.

Rose:

Kataniya, the Clockwork Woman: Gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life with electricity.

To any FF fans out there, what do you think Mako would smell like? I think it would be vital as a base for whatever Cloud and Sephiroth wear.

I imagine something both 'green' and also ozoney, like Lightning.

To any FF fans out there, what do you think Mako would smell like? I think it would be vital as a base for whatever Cloud and Sephiroth wear.

I think Mako would look deceptively green and soothing, but then slap you in the face when you unleashed it. Eucalyptus, maybe?

Volt: Leather with a shock of eucalyptus, green mint, elemi, ravintsara, and lime.

The Coil has the ozone note, but seems a little too floral:

The Coil: Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus.

I think Mako would look deceptively green and soothing, but then slap you in the face when you unleashed it. Eucalyptus, maybe?

Volt: Leather with a shock of eucalyptus, green mint, elemi, ravintsara, and lime.

The Coil has the ozone note, but seems a little too floral:

The Coil: Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus.

Part of me wants to give Cloud a very manly Leather scent (SOLDIER Uniforms. <3), but with an undecurrent of something ridiculously feminen, floural, and sexy. After all, the perfume he wears as Ms.Cloud in WallMarket never does actually leave your Key Item menu.

Nor does that dress, wig, and sexy underwear for that matter. Suspicious, no?

I love some of these Doctor Who rec's!

I've spent some more time thinking about it:

Rose: for some reason I picture Delirium fitting Rose quite well. Fruit, flower and a bit of an edge from the lemon.

Martha: Tweedledum. I'm not sure why exactly, but I picture her wearing tea/fruit scent and Tweedledum just fits her (maybe I'm biased because I don't like her...)

Donna: Donna has to wear something that fits her sparky, smart-@ss attitude, but I have not figured out what that is. Maybe Chimera? But that seems *too* bold.

Amy: Bordello. This just screams Amy to me. Or O.

Rory: I love the suggestion of Antony, that completely fits!

River: I picture River in Snake Oil. A bit sweet, a bit sexy, a bit mystery.

As for the Doctor(s), I'm still don't know where to begin!

The Fire Nation:

The Fire Nation itself

Inferno (The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.)

Aureus (True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent. Cedar, amber, sandalwood, patchouli)

The Sun Warriors (the current Fire Nation's cultural predecessors, have a vaguely Mesoamerican theme)

Machu Picchu (Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.)

Xiutehcuhtli (Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.)

The Royal Family:

Fire Lord Sozin (originally wanted to share his country's prosperity by expanding its empire. Wound up plunging the world into a hundred years of war.)

Ozymandias (Desolation. The remnants of an empire, shivering with forgotten glories, a monument to megalomania, sundered power, and colossal loss. Dry desert air, dry and hot, passing over crumbling stone megaliths and plundered golden monuments, bearing a hint of the incense of lost Gods on its winds.)

Fire Lord Ozai (Firebending master. Would-be world conqueror. Lousy father.)

The Bow and Crown of Conquest (Nobility and haughtiness befitting the Antichrist: sage, carnation and cedar with lavender, vanilla, white musk and leather.)

Djinn (The scent of black smoke, of crackling flames, and smoldering ashes.)

Iroh (An amiable old tea and board game enthusiast. Who can breathe fire.)

The Apothecary (Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig.)

Nostrum Remedium (black tea leaf, wasabi extract, honey)

Dragon's Hide (Flame-kissed, warm, smooth, and highly protective. Dragon’s blood, leather and a hint of smoke.)

Ursa ("Zuko, please, my love, listen to me. Everything I've done, I've done to protect you.")

The Little Wooden Doll (Gently carved wood warm with a maternal love that reaches beyond death: rose-infused amber and soft golden sandalwood.)

Zuko (The exiled prince of the Fire Nation. Determined, dorky, temperamental, and kind of emo, although he has plenty to be legitimately upset about.)

Dragon's Tears (Bittersweet yet powerful: salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.)

Azula (Zuko's brilliant, ruthless, dangerous younger sister.)

Wrath (A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.)

Pride (Vanity in extremis. The scent of rabid hauteur: Moroccan rose and narcissus.)

Lightning (The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain.)

Ultraviolet (Electrifying, mechanized and chilly -- the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.)

Mad Meg (Fire-scorched earth, black mandarin, cinnamon bark, bitter almond, sage, vetiver, and balsam of peru.)

Other Fire Nation Citizens

Avatar Roku (From the Fire Nation, but as the Avatar, capable of mastering all four elements. Also, he had a dragon.)

Jezirat Al Tennyn (The Dragon’s Isle: smoke and fire, earth and wind. The rage of the elements blasting over a primordial paradise.)

Mai (A quiet, apathetic, rather gothy teenage noblewoman, who happens to be a knife-throwing expert.)

Dragon's Claw (Smooth, polished and lethally sharp: dragon’s blood resin and three sandalwoods)

Dance of Death (A gloriously elegant portrayal of Lady Death: Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh.)

Ty Lee (A friend of Mai and Azula, whose cheerful, girly personality provides a foil to Azula's ruthlessness and Mai's detachment. She's also a martial artist and former circus acrobat.)

Lolita (Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.)

Muse (A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.)

Thalia (Good Cheer: Plumeria, pear and white champagne.)

Piandao (A master swordsman who exemplifies the "cultured warrior" ideal.)

Antony (The embodiment of Classic masculinity. A warrior's scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.)

Fighter (leather, musk, blood, and steel)

Zhao (He wants to kill the moon.)

Bloodlust (A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.)

Edited by Floria

I love some of these Doctor Who rec's!

I've spent some more time thinking about it:

Rose: for some reason I picture Delirium fitting Rose quite well. Fruit, flower and a bit of an edge from the lemon.

Martha: Tweedledum. I'm not sure why exactly, but I picture her wearing tea/fruit scent and Tweedledum just fits her (maybe I'm biased because I don't like her...)

Donna: Donna has to wear something that fits her sparky, smart-@ss attitude, but I have not figured out what that is. Maybe Chimera? But that seems *too* bold.

Amy: Bordello. This just screams Amy to me. Or O.

Rory: I love the suggestion of Antony, that completely fits!

River: I picture River in Snake Oil. A bit sweet, a bit sexy, a bit mystery.

As for the Doctor(s), I'm still don't know where to begin!

I love your choices for River and Amy, and I was actually thinking of Chimera for Donna! Other thoughts for her were Scherezade (except the story-telling bit, I think the description is pretty apt - "unfailing courage and compassion, a sharp, quick wit, and a true understanding of human nature"), Young Pine Saplings, and Pepper.

I like tea/fruit for Martha, too, but I actually really like her. :P

And add me to the Rory=Antony group! Sacrifice for Nine and Schrodinger's Cat for Ten speak to me, as well.

Sorry to take the conversation away from the lovely recommendations for Doctor Who (Tom Baker will always be the doctor to me...fancy a jellybaby?). I was wondering what sort of perfume the various heroines and other characters of Henrik Ibsen would smell like.

Hedda Gabler (Hedda Gabler)-"Hedda is the daughter of the famous General Gabler; as a child she was used to luxury and high-class living. Hedda is an intelligent, unpredictable, young woman who is not afraid to manipulate her husband and friends." However her compulsive nature, much like a Greek tragedy, leads to her eventual downfall. I personally feel that, in light of today's society, Hedda is the most relatable Ibsen character and the most human.

Jürgen Tesman (Hedda Gabler)-"Tesman is an amiable, intelligent young scholar. He tries very hard to please his young wife, Hedda, and often does not realize that she is manipulating him. In fact, he often seems foolish for his age, and when he annoys Hedda, the audience has reason to sympathize with her. Tesman is hoping for a professorship in history."

Judge Brack (Hedda Gabler)-Brack is a judge of relatively inferior rank. He is a friend of both Tesman* and Hedda, and he visits their house regularly. He has connections around the city. He seems to enjoy meddling in other people's affairs. He is a worldly and cynical man."

Ejlert Lövborg (Hedda Gabler)-"After a series of scandals related to drinking, he was once a public outcast but has now returned to the city and has published a book to rave reviews. He also has another manuscript that is even more promising. Mrs. Elvsted helped him with both manuscripts. He once shared a close relationship with Hedda."

Mrs. Elvsted (Hedda Gabler)-"Mrs. Elvsted is a meek but passionate woman. Mrs. Elvsted went to school with Hedda and remembers being tormented by her." She also left her husband with Lövborg, acting as his secretary. By looking after Lövborg, Mrs. Elvsted essentially helps Lövborg become the success he is.

Nora (Doll House)- "The protagonist of the play and the wife of Torvald Helmer. Nora initially seems like a playful, naïve child who lacks knowledge of the world outside her home. She does have some worldly experience, however, and the small acts of rebellion in which she engages indicate that she is not as innocent or happy as she appears. She comes to see her position in her marriage with increasing clarity and finds the strength to free herself from her oppressive situation."

Torvald Helmer (Doll House)-"Nora’s husband. Torvald delights in his new position at the bank, just as he delights in his position of authority as a husband. He treats Nora like a child, in a manner that is both kind and patronizing. He does not view Nora as an equal. Torvald is overly concerned with his place and status in society."

Krogstad (Doll House)-"Krogstad’s character is contradictory: though his bad deeds seem to stem from a desire to protect his children from scorn, he is perfectly willing to use unethical tactics to achieve his goals. His willingness to allow Nora to suffer is despicable, but his claims to feel sympathy for her and the hard circumstances of his own life compel us to sympathize with him to some degree."

Mrs. Linde (Doll House)- "Kristine Linde is a practical, down-to-earth woman, and her sensible worldview highlights Nora’s somewhat childlike outlook on life. Mrs. Linde’s account of her life of poverty underscores the privileged nature of the life that Nora leads."

Gregers Werle (Wild Duck)-He "subscribes to an inexorable Christian logic: he speaks in a language of forgiveness, exaltation, redemption, martyrdom, confession, absolution, and sacrifice. When he finally realizes that he has failed to redeem his friends, he will make a melancholic exit from a world in which he in a sense has no place."

Hedvig Ekdal (Wild Duck)-"The Ekdals' fourteen-year-old daughter. She is the play's most pathetic figure: its innocent and victimized child. She is of uncertain parentage, belonging either to Hialmar or Werle and potentially passed from the former to the latter in a marriage designed to circumvent public scandal."

*All character descriptions were lovingly ripped from Spark Notes rather than carefully typed.

Edited by TheFrenchWaffle

French Waffle -- why stop there? I think we should demand an Ibsen series just as there is a Shakespeare series (Illyria).

Although you could start with Old Demons of the First Class and Troll for Peer Gynt's Mountain King....

Shouldn't Judge Brack be wearing Whitechapel, or Villain?

French Waffle -- why stop there? I think we should demand an Ibsen series just as there is a Shakespeare series (Illyria).

Although you could start with Old Demons of the First Class and Troll for Peer Gynt's Mountain King....

Shouldn't Judge Brack be wearing Whitechapel, or Villain?

I was not familiar with Whitechapel so I went to the site and looked it up. The description matches Judge Brack perfectly, good call.

More Avatar: the Last Airbender

Earth Kingdom Edition!

Locations

Earth Kingdom itself

Earth Phoenix (Hard work, patience, and harmony: Chinese musk, dark musk, and moist soil with black cherry, opoponax, night-blooming jasmine, plum, woodland tobacco, snakeweed, and cypress.)

Kumari Kandam (Thick incense, clay, stone, and hothouse blooms with a spike of frost, a hint of decay, and heavy, dolorous aquatic notes.)

Burial (The dark side of earth: deep, brooding forest scents, including juniper and patchouli. The scent of upturned cemetery loam mingling with floral offerings to the dead.)

Ba Sing Se (the city of walls and secrets)

Omen (Deep, mysterious, and full of dark portents: oakmoss, juniper berry, myrrh and patchouli.)

Kyoshi Island (home of the Kyoshi Warriors and a giant sea serpent)

Sunrise With Sea-Monsters (Ocean mist, kelp, ambergris, amber, white pear, osmanthus, freesia, and seafoam accord.)

People

Toph Bei Fong (A snarky blind twelve year old tomboy, self-proclaimed Greatest Earthbender In The World, and inventor of Metalbending.)

Jabberwocky (An earthy yet buoyant scent: pine, eucalyptus and orange.)

Ogun (He is the lord of all mines and mineral wealth, and his energy is expressed in the transformation of sandstone into marble and carbon into diamonds. His control over transformation transcends this into the metaphorical: Ogun helps to shape the spirit, and hone it into something finer, and He compels us to look deep inside ourselves, searching for our true potential. He is physical might, ruler of the heart, giver of courage and sustainer of war, and is the bond that men fashion with one another during battle. Ogun is responsible for teaching mankind to fashion tools and weapons from iron... Ogun’s ofrenda is heavy and dark cigar tobacco, gin and juniper, melon, chili pepper and a touch of honey.)

Avatar Kyoshi (the most recent Avatar from the Earth Kingdom, known for her kabuki makeup, war fans, fabulous headgear, and not putting up with any crap from anybody, ever. She also made an island.)

Jingu (Known as Pimoko, the sun-daughter, Jingu was an Empress of Japan who served as regent and de facto ruler between the time of the death of her husband and the ascension of her son, Emperor Ojin. Sure that knowledge of her husband’s death would bring discord to her realm, she managed to keep his passing a secret, and successfully put down numerous insurrections in his name. Although she was pregnant with the future emperor of Japan, she donned armor and rode into battle, leading the conquest of Silla. Sakura, white orchid, mandarin, bamboo, red sandalwood, plum blossom, and lilac.)

Verdandi (Necessity. Deep herbs and apple with black amber.)

Suki (the teenage leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, a group of fan-and-katana wielding warrior women in Kabuki makeup)

Kabuki (a luxuriant, exotic blend of cherry, red musk, and star anise.)

Tomoe Gozen (A "warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a god, mounted or on foot." Tomoe Gozen was a fierce, noble, and courageous samurai, first captain, as well as a renowned beauty...

Red currant, golden amber, blackberry, honey, and pink pepper.)

Bumi (The eccentric ruler of the city of Omashu: a 100+ year-old "mad genius" and one of the strongest Earthbenders in the world)

Mad Hatter (A gentlemen's lavender-citron cologne unhinged by the feral pungence of black musk and a paroxysm of pennyroyal) layered with Dwarf (Iron filings and chips of stone, Styrian Golding hops, and soot-covered leather.)

Jet (A charismatic teenage guerilla resistance leader who really hates the Fire Nation.)

Highwayman (Stand and deliver! Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather.)

The Mechanist (an eccentric steampunkish inventor.)

Phoenix Steamworks (Burnished gold and oiled bronze notes with Abramelin incense and sage.)

Teo (the Mechanist's teenage son, a talented glider pilot. He has cool hexagonal goggles.)

Galvanic Goggles (Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam.)

LOST! Just the original castaways at the moment. I'm sure there are a lot of LE blends that would work well here, but I stuck with available GCs for now. Any other suggestions?

JACK SHEPHERD

Dee: Master of science, alchemy and magic. His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

KATE AUSTEN

Anne Bonny: Wicked, cruel, beautiful, intelligent, resourceful and dangerous: a true role model. A blend of Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood, and frankincense.

JAMES "SAWYER" FORD

Tombstone: A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

JOHN LOCKE

Urd: Fate. Muscadine, black and red patchouli, cereus and nag champa.

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES

Eat Me: Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

SAYID JARRAH

Othello: Arabian musk with two roses and a bevy of Middle Eastern and Indian spices.

SUN-HWA KWON

Ophelia: Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose.

JIN-SOO KWON

Kuang Shi: This scent honors the zombies of Chinese lore. Mandarin orange, white musk, mango, and white sandalwood.

CLAIRE LITTLETON

Yemaya: Yemaya is everlasting, She is motherhood, the universal drive for the survival of a species, the procreative urge, the instinct of a mother protecting her young, and She is the governess of all life on Earth. Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses.

CHARLIE PACE

Vice: Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

BOONE CARLISLE

Lysander: The course of true love never did run smooth. Lilac musk, tonka, wood violet, and urbane lime rind, with a Venus-kissed tangle of myrtle, blackberry leaf, and benzoin.

SHANNON RUTHERFORD

Vixen: Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreakers perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.

MICHAEL DAWSON

Calico Jack: Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

WALT LLOYD

Arcana: The essence of magickal enigmas and long-forgotten esoteric mysteries. Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

Edited by imaginepageant

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES

Eat Me: Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

This made me laugh out loud. And reminded me how much I miss LOST.

MOAR LOST. These ones were tougher. I didn't know what to do with Lapidus. :rofl:

BENJAMIN LINUS

Whitechapel: A gentlemen's blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron.

JULIET BURKE

Lady Macbeth: The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

ALEX ROUSSEAU

Alice: Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

DANIELLE ROUSSEAU

Mania: The personification of insanity. Her scent is roiling chaos and churning madness, but her perfume also bears an underlying gentleness, and, like madness, a strange sweetness. Screeching white musk collides with a howl of red musk, with sharp white grapefruit and pale strawberry leaf.

AARON LITTLETON

The Little Wooden Doll: Gently carved wood warm with a maternal love that reaches beyond death: rose-infused amber and soft golden sandalwood.

DESMOND HUME

Wolf's Heart: Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death.

PENNY WIDMORE

Cordelia: The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

ANA LUCIA CORTEZ

Mary Read: Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.

MISTER EKO

The Lion: The dry, glorious warmth of the Savannah. A golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious.

LIBBY SMITH

Delirium: A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

ROSE NADLER

Dove's Heart: A gentle, healing love blend, often used to help mend a broken heart. Brings peace of mind, soothes the sting of loss, and aids in finding closure.

BERNARD NADLER

Nostrum Remedium: Revitalizes the spirit and balances the humors. Prolongs life indefinitely. Black tea leaf, invigorating wasabi extract, sweetened by honey.

DANIEL FARADAY

Schrodinger's Cat: A paradoxical scent experiment! - tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.

CHARLOTTE LEWIS

Ephemera: The scent of loss, love and the echo of time without end: sorrowful violet and chamomile with muguet, white geranium, calla lily and tea rose with a hint of autumn leaves.

MILES STRAUME

Haunted: A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

FRANK LAPIDUS

The Robotic Scarab: Pinpoints of red light beaming from its eyes scan the room, and in a flutter of leather wings, it scuttles across the wooden floorboards. Polished metallic notes, glossy leather, frankincense, star anise, and thin lubricating oils.

CHARLES WIDMORE

Iago: Malevolent, dark and shadowy: sinuous black musk, wet leather and vetiver.

ELOISE HAWKING

Crossroads: The forks of the road: an in-between place, sacred and tangibly magickal in innumerable cultures and faiths. This scent is dark with mystery, taut with power. A chill twilit garden of blooms over dry earth and mosses, heavily laden with incense and offertory herbs.

RICHARD ALPERT

Magus: An ancient blend, swollen with arcane power: galangal, high john essence, frankincense, cedar, and sandalwood.

JACOB

Aureus: True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent.

THE MAN IN BLACK

Djinn: The scent of black smoke, of crackling flames, and smoldering ashes.

ETA Danielle, Alex, and Aaron. How could I have forgotten them!

Edited by imaginepageant

I now want to know what Idris aka 'Sexy' the personified Tardis would smell like...any suggestions?

I have no suggestions, but I want to know the answer to this too! I'm puzzled at this one, other than I know she'd smell GOOD. Living on a junkyard planet wouldn't make her smell bad ;) And she'd have to smell "Blue".

Edited by Tiada

I now want to know what Idris aka 'Sexy' the personified Tardis would smell like...any suggestions?

Idris/Sexy: The raw, golden power of Time Herself, tempered with a kind, motherly heart, torn from Her rightful home and wrapped in a frail human shell. Shining, holy incense with a trace of burning cinnamon, tamed by warm motherly honey and vanilla, with a fragrant hint of delphinium and blue roses.

ETA: Now, that's how I imagine she would smell, so what BPAL(s) could be mix and matched to make that? ;)

Edited by protoomega

Fun! I like the idea of 10 being Schroedinger's Cat! (I don't like banana)

Other fandom questions

1) Darth Maul

2) Ring Wraith

and man, I wish I could request for someone to find out what the RPG Neutral (maybe chaotic) Elven Rogue combo smells like. Somehow hasn't shown up on the review list yet.

Maybe Bloodlust (A fiery Martial blend that embodies primal rage, lust for conquest, and all-encompassing desire. Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon) for Darth Maul, and Phobos (Twin to Deimos and child of War, Phobos is the embodiment of terror and mortal fear. Chilling white musk, lemon verbena, white grapefruit and lemongrass) or Death on a Pale Horse (The End of All Things: empty white musk and mint seeped with solemn lavender, doleful patchouli and vetiver, scythe-sharp yuzu and lime, with geranium bourbon, white sandalwood and calla lily) for a Ringwraith?

I second "Death on a Pale Horse" for the Ringwraith, but what popped into my head immediately on reading that was "A Countenance Foreboding Evil".

Thanks for the suggestions! My friend plays a character that's kinda a halfway point between those two, and I've been trying to enable him. Testing and testing and so far the only thing that works on him is the Ninth Cage. 0_o. Weird.

For the purposes of Livejournal roleplay, I generally have my own impressions in my head of what my characters smell like, but if I had to pick perfume oils for them I'd go for:

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney) - classic gentleman's fragrances are his bag, though he's fond of the deep scent of roses. From BPAL he gets Byronic Anti-Hero or Whitechapel

Kyouraku Shunsui (Bleach) - a man of two parts. His (resting) reiatsu is the scent of plum and cherry blossoms on a warm summer breeze, with a grounding edge of fine sake. From BPAL he gets Lovers in a Ricefield or Manners Among Men and Women in the Red Light District. His flipside reiatsu is dank earth and rotting corpses drenched with tears of regret. So maybe Graveyard Dirt, I dunno?

Hoshigaki Kisame (Naruto) - he was spectacularly tough, actually, because in my head he only ever smells of himself and of the world around him - so water, greenery, maybe tea, leather and a hint of woodsmoke. The best I could figure from BPAL is Caliban, but there are a couple of Violette Market scents I am eyeing for him - namely Poseidon or Eye of the Hurricane. Any other suggestions welcome!

My "resting" characters also have their own scents but I haven't really identified a BPAL for them - maybe someone can suggest an appropriate blend? In my head, Manfred Von Karma (Ace Attorney) smells of bergamot tea, ink and lavender water. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) is menthol fresh with a side of cheap drugstore cologne and a whiff of coffee :lol: Kurotsuchi Mayuri (Bleach) smells of chemicals, machinery and ozone, with a whiff of poison gas. Possibly Skytyping with Chemtrails or one of the steampunk scents?

Edited by KingMobUK

For the purposes of Livejournal roleplay, I generally have my own impressions in my head of what my characters smell like, but if I had to pick perfume oils for them I'd go for:

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney) - classic gentleman's fragrances are his bag, though he's fond of the deep scent of roses. From BPAL he gets Byronic Anti-Hero or Whitechapel

Kyouraku Shunsui (Bleach) - a man of two parts. His (resting) reiatsu is the scent of plum and cherry blossoms on a warm summer breeze, with a grounding edge of fine sake. From BPAL he gets Lovers in a Ricefield or Manners Among Men and Women in the Red Light District. His flipside reiatsu is dank earth and rotting corpses drenched with tears of regret. So maybe Graveyard Dirt, I dunno?

Hoshigaki Kisame (Naruto) - he was spectacularly tough, actually, because in my head he only ever smells of himself and of the world around him - so water, greenery, maybe tea, leather and a hint of woodsmoke. The best I could figure from BPAL is Caliban, but there are a couple of Violette Market scents I am eyeing for him - namely Poseidon or Eye of the Hurricane. Any other suggestions welcome!

My "resting" characters also have their own scents but I haven't really identified a BPAL for them - maybe someone can suggest an appropriate blend? In my head, Manfred Von Karma (Ace Attorney) smells of bergamot tea, ink and lavender water. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) is menthol fresh with a side of cheap drugstore cologne and a whiff of coffee :lol: Kurotsuchi Mayuri (Bleach) smells of chemicals, machinery and ozone, with a whiff of poison gas. Possibly Skytyping with Chemtrails or one of the steampunk scents?

I very much agree with you on the Caliban for Kisame, if not a tad too sweet smelling for his tough character. I could totally see him smelling like how you described though. :)